Disney UK ref not linking to MDE

ducky100

Mouseketeer
hi

We booked through the UK disney site and received a ref number. However when I try and link to MDE it flags I'm not recognised- any ideas appreciated!

Thanks in advance

How far out is your booking? I'm booked for September next year and my reservation hasn't linked to mde yet.

This is a very common problem. Sometimes you may need a different ref.

As pp said it won't link until X amount of days before. I had to wait for ages, booked in April -2015 for November 2016. It felt like the longest wait EVER :rolleyes1

If you have booked less than 10 days ago, then it's normal.

If you are more than 499 days out from your check out, it's also normal

If you have booked SSR or OKW, it won't link until 10 months out

in any other case, you can send an email to the UK reservation office ( adress on the "contact us" page, on the UK website) and request your internal reference number to link to MDX. That's an alternate number that will work if the UK number fails

I too have had this problem for my holiday in March 2018 (booked 3 weeks ago). Not that I mind seeing as I can't do much with MDE yet but I'd like to link it so it's one less thing to remember to do. I rang them 10 days ago and they told me to wait another week, but will try what chmurf suggested above.

I'm a couple of weeks beyond the 499 days from check out now and still can't access my reservation on MDE, thanks for the tip about the internal reference number. I'll pop an email over to disney and see what they say :thumbsup2

Disney emailed me back last night and said I won't be able to see my reservation until I'm inside the 365 day point :confused3

We're booked for October 2018 so within the 499 days but a long wait if it has to be within 365 days! :rolleyes1

I'm shocked that they've told you 6 months!!! You can make adr's at 6 months, maybe they got confused? :confused3

Surely that can't be true?

Last time I booked in 2015 i had to wait until we was 499 days from return date and now I'm booked for October 2018 and expect it to be linked over the next couple of weeks. Hopefully anyway :)

I'm shocked that they've told you 6 months!!! You can make adr's at 6 months, maybe they got confused? :confused3

Surely that can't be true?

Last time I booked in 2015 i had to wait until we was 499 days from return date and now I'm booked for October 2018 and expect it to be linked over the next couple of weeks. Hopefully anyway :)

Yeah I really hope it's not true, what a nightmare! Although I've been given a different time period each time I've spoken to someone...

You're booked around the same time as me!

I was told similar things. I then got a second email after my booking confirmation one saying you're coming to Disney with a link that took me to my booking but I still couldn't log in to it via MDE. I then rang and they gave me their second booking reference number to use for linking it to MDE. That was probably 3 or 4 weeks after my booking and after they had told me it might be months. So don't give up hope. Have you received that second email yet? Once you do I think you'll be able to sort it with a quick phone call.

I was told similar things. I then got a second email after my booking confirmation one saying you're coming to Disney with a link that took me to my booking but I still couldn't log in to it via MDE. I then rang and they gave me their second booking reference number to use for linking it to MDE. That was probably 3 or 4 weeks after my booking and after they had told me it might be months. So don't give up hope. Have you received that second email yet? Once you do I think you'll be able to sort it with a quick phone call.

Yeah I've had the second email straight away and can access my order but still can't connect it to MDE. I've rang them 3 times now and not getting anywhere so far

Yeah I've had the second email straight away and can access my order but still can't connect it to MDE. I've rang them 3 times now and not getting anywhere so far

I have to say that my experience of booking this time compared to our visit in 2015 is that the booking agents might be very efficient but they are less knowledgable and don't stay on the phone for as long. I don't think they all know about the second number for bookings either. I would ring again and hope a different person knows more. I explained I needed my second number and I must have got lucky.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!