• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Vacation Club Villas/Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts

loribell

DIS Veteran
Just saw this info on the member site. Maybe if the new possible FP's do come out this can answer our questions...:confused3

Resorts debut new category name

Beginning on Aug. 16, Guests shopping for Walt Disney World® accommodations will discover a "new" category of resorts.

In an effort to alleviate confusion about the availability of Disney Vacation Club accommodations as nightly rentals, and to better describe these resorts' amenities, Disney vacation planners will use the term Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts in reference to the Disney Vacation Club properties for non-Members. (These resorts previously were listed as Disney Vacation Club Resorts.)

The Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts category tops off a line-up of Disney Resorts for every taste and budget, including Disney Value Resorts, Disney Moderate Resorts and Disney Deluxe Resorts.

As this resort category name change affects Guest rental bookings only, Disney Vacation Club Members will continue to know these properties as Disney Vacation Club Resorts.

Any thoughts?

I am new to DVC this year. We bought BCVs thru resale. This new offering thru Disney sure makes it easy to figure out our breakeven point. We just scanned our April 2008 reservation dates and it came back with $4844 for the 1BR - room only! Even when we add in the MFs, we'll likely break even around 4 trips. We used to stay at the Poly, which wasn't cheap either....so we think we're going to love DVC.

I'm also hoping these cash offerings help them uptick the care and cleaning of the DVC resorts/rooms. Protect the investment, ya know!

Great idea.I like the new Deluxe Name. I didn't like it when they were referred to as home away from home resorts. Never knew what that meant (before I was a member).

Just saw this info on the member site. Maybe if the new possible FP's do come out this can answer our questions...
We can only hope!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter