Disney Visa Character meet and photo at Epcot?

jenhelgren

DIS Veteran
Has the Disney Visa meet been moved over by Figment ride and where Ralph and Vanellope meet? Our last trip was a few years ago and it was in Innoventions West at the time.

How are long is the line usually in the afternoon and do characters always rotate between the Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, and Pluto listed or is there a "usual" twosome? I planned on getting a FP for Character Spot for my DD while my DH and DS are on Mission Space and think it is ridiculous that Character Spot is now a Tier 1 FP!!! So, I am moving onto plan B and have a Disney Visa :)

My husband and I were there last June and when we went around 5:30pm (up the walkway to the left of Figment) it was Mickey and Goofy. There were two families in front of us and we waited maybe 10 minutes. We never felt rushed and it was a nice interaction (we were on our honeymoon and were wearing our bride/groom ears which definitely sparked some interaction).

We were there in June and got Mickey and Goofy. The wait time was less then 10 minutes and since no one was behind us they spent about 15 minutes with us taking pictures and interacting with us.

We went twice over Thanksgiving break. The first time we waited maybe 5 minutes and saw Mickey and Goofy. It was fun with decent character interaction. The 2nd time we went we waited zero minutes and saw Pluto and Minnie. We had the best character interaction ever. My daughter had her stuffed Pluto with her and Pluto kept running up to it trying to pet baby Pluto and cuddle him. It was adorable and my daughter (8) loved every second. No one was behind us so we stayed for like 10 minutes. We probably could have stayed longer. Pretty great perk!!

We met them over by the Figment ride.

I went last August in the early evening, and only one family was ahead of me. Pluto and Minnie were there.

Thanks for all the replies! Is there a sign or something clearly marked on where the meet is or do we need to know where we are going? Is it in the same building as Ralph and Vanellope? They are or "must do" character meet at Epcot that day!

I was there last week. Even with a short line, it can be a bit of a wait, as the characters take time with the kids. I think the line filled 2/3 of the queue when I arrived, and it was around a 15 minute wait, but felt longer. It is in a separate building (not where you meet Ralph). Follow the signs up to the Pixar Film Fest, but don't go inside. Bear to the left, and you'll see a small building sort of behind a planter. It's not well marked, but there is a sign on the door. I saw Minnie and Pluto, but I've heard they sometimes change.

I was there three weeks ago. I asked a castmember to point out the location, I would not have found it otherwise. We were there around 1-2pm and the queue was mostly full. We waited probably 20 mins—the characters were really taking their time with each group. When you ask, they will say the characters are a surprise, but I overheard someone pressing a bit more and they were told that it’s always either Minnie or Mickey and Pluto or Goody and that the characters can change throughout the day, so if you go twice in one day you might meet different characters.

Was there a month ago. It was Mickey & Goofy. If was 4:30 or so in the afternoon and there were a few families in front of us and it did feel like a long time. I also would not have found the spot if I didn't ask a cast member.

I don't mean to take over your thread but was wondering if this is the only Disney Visa meet and greet on property or is it done at other parks, too?

We've had Minnie and pluto the last couple of times. Once we had all 4 (very rare). But these characters really take their time with the guests and it is a ton of fun! I had a minnie ears, Minnie nails and Minnie shirt on last time we met Minnie and Pluto and the interaction was so fun! Minnie had a great time with my outfit!

There is a Visa M&G in in DHS too (or there was last summer still) with a star wars Character. Think it was in Launch Bay??

Bumping this thread to ask if you stand in line, and show your Visa card? (Sorry if this is a dumb question, but want to be prepared to try to find it and not forget my Visa card that day!)

Bumping this thread to ask if you stand in line, and show your Visa card? (Sorry if this is a dumb question, but want to be prepared to try to find it and not forget my Visa card that day!)

Show your card to get in the line.

I've had a similar experience as the previous entries, however when we went, Goofy was being extra goofy. As we walked around the last corner to meet the characters, we only saw Mickey, which was weird, but as we entered the room and turn right to approach Mikey, Goofy jumps from our left side (now behind us) as scares the living BEJESUS out of my wife and kids. Photographer was in on it, and got lots of pictures.

I've had a similar experience as the previous entries, however when we went, Goofy was being extra goofy. As we walked around the last corner to meet the characters, we only saw Mickey, which was weird, but as we entered the room and turn right to approach Mikey, Goofy jumps from our left side (now behind us) as scares the living BEJESUS out of my wife and kids. Photographer was in on it, and got lots of pictures.

It is experiences like that that saddens me about the spreading photoboxes replacing photographers at various M&G around the parks. You could never have an experience and photos like that with a static box.

This is probably a dumb question, but if one person in the group has the Disney Visa card, can everyone go to the meet and greet? (I'll be in a group of four adults but only one person has the card.)

This is probably a dumb question, but if one person in the group has the Disney Visa card, can everyone go to the meet and greet? (I'll be in a group of four adults but only one person has the card.)
Yes. We did this on our last 2 trips and only 1 of us had the card.

yup just one card needed. They have this over by imagination in Epcot and also by the Star Wars launch bay in Hollywood studios. There’s a rotation of characters. In Epcot we went a few times in November. One time it was Minnie, another time Mickey, another time Mickey and goofy. In Hollywood studios we’ve seen darth Vader and kylo ren. Never waited in Hollywood studios. Waited up to ten minutes in Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter