Disney Visa - Enchanting Extras Discount Question

Stewa646

Earning My Ears
I was trying to see if I could find anyone that has ran into this situation. I have a trip coming up next week, and back 2 months ago booked an enchanting extra (wild africa trek). I booked that using my usual credit card which they fully charge per usual when doing tours.

A couple weeks ago I decided to get the disney visa, and saw that it does offer a discount when booking this tour. I know if it IS possible it will have to be a "call support" fix, but has anyone has any luck being able to switch a payment method to get a discount like this, or since I originally purchased on a different card and they already fully charged me am I out of luck basically? Hoping to know before I spend an hour on hold to be told that haha.

Thanks for anyone that has any info!

Since nobody has answered, this one's a toughie. The simple possible solution is... is it possible to book a new reservation now for your date? If so, that's probably the easiest option since you can cancel within 24 hours of the event. Book new...and then cancel.

Safest option is to call and ask.

Risky option is to cancel and then try to rebook, and hope that (a) Disney immediately reopens the spot, like they do with cruise excursions and (b) no one slides in while you are playing switch-em.

I ran into this last year with the Dolphin Encounter. I already had a Disney Visa but didn't know about the discount. I called to try to change the payment but the experience was fully booked. They told me the only thing they could do is cancel and rebook but that I risked someone else snatching up the reservation while they changed it. I didn't want to risk that. They told me to go to guest services the day of but they couldn't change it either. Wasted a ton of time in line. I then spoke to the CM at check in as Guest services at Epcot had suggested but they couldn't do it either. If there are openings I would do as suggested above...book new and then cancel the old.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter