Disney Visa Rewards

princessophiali

Mouseketeer
Good morning! I have a quick question... Can I use Disney Reward points towards the purchase of a DVC? TIA!

That said ... you can use your Disney Visa to purchase DVC direct...and then use any Rewards Points you have earned prior or as a result of the DVC purchase itself, towards paying down your bill.

We had to wait one billing period to use the Rewards points earned , but we viewed it as an extra "discount" on the direct purchase price. (yes resale would save more, but we wanted the card for Gold passes )

You can use it for a direct purchase from dvc and you can use any credit card to make payments toward the principal on any direct loan from Disney on any dvc contract. Another item concerning the credit card on our last purchase we had the purchase drafted over 4 consecutive months and used the Disney credit card for each charge and received 6 months at 0% on the card (so the whole contract would be paid out over 10 months instead of all at 6 months). Any Dvc charge on the card qualifies for the bonus points as a Disney purchase. Like a previous poster said we viewed this as a bonus and a means to reduce future costs such as placing all the bonus points towards paying maintenance fees after converting those to the rewards card when they show up after the billing statement closes.

Rather than pay cash, we bought our DVC membership on our Chase Sapphire Reserve card. When the transaction hit our card we used cash and paid off right away. (I would not recommend doing this unless you can pay the CC bill to avoid steep interest rates!) The points we got (3x because it was considered travel) were enough to basically get a round trip ticket for our family to WDW that we will use for a future trip.

Rather than pay cash, we bought our DVC membership on our Chase Sapphire Reserve card. When the transaction hit our card we used cash and paid off right away. (I would not recommend doing this unless you can pay the CC bill to avoid steep interest rates!) The points we got (3x because it was considered travel) were enough to basically get a round trip ticket for our family to WDW that we will use for a future trip.

We did something similar with a Marriott Bonvoy card. We got 100,000 bonus points on top of the usual points, and 9 months to pay, interest-free.

We did. I opened a new signature account. At the time they offered 200.00 statement credit and 2% Disney rewards on purchases. On top of that there is the 6mo interest free. All said and done it brought the cost of our small contract down by about 6.00 per point. That includes the interest I earn on the cash during the 6mo interest free period.

Interesting! Chase codes a direct DVC points purchase as “travel” and gives 3x points?

That might change some things for me about considering a direct purchase...

Nope, but as implied above a direct purchase/add-on is eligible for the 6-month no interest benefit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter