Disney vs. Royal Carribean

oops,

Went back and read the post. The older boys are 15 and 18. Sorry.

Will be sure to let you know what we plan on booking w/in next few weeks. We are anxious to get booked soon so we can plan, get a better rate, etc. My sons at time of sailing in 2004 will be 12, 16 and 18. The first time for 18 yr old to be able to do adult activities if he chooses.

noseybuddy,

I assume that the JS price includes airfare and/or insurance also? I just priced it on RCCL's site and came up with $6,111.80 for cruise/port/taxes, for 4 for 7/11/04. ? Just curious ...

D2's (verandah, double occupancy)were $3075.90 , PR (promenade view, double occupancy) were $2415.90 ....

tezb,

My only other input on the Mariner is that the Eastern itineraries do not stop at Labadee, RCCL's private beach . It is a great place for a very relaxing day. The Western itineraries do stop there .. just something else to consider.

As far as over the phone vs. online quotes, I doubt that it went up that much that fast. My guess would be that one quote or the other included travel insurance ? The gov't taxes are only about $29 per person, so that itself can't make up the difference. It is critical to make sure all the pieces of a quote are identical. I would suggest that whenever you are talking to someone, have them break down the number to cruise fare, port charges, gov't taxes, airfare (if applicable), insurance (if applicable). That is a little more difficult on-line, because not all sites give you the breakdown. I always breakdown the total. It's the only way to be sure of an "apples-to-apples" comparison.

Any more Q's, just fire away !!! Glad to help ....

mac_tlc

I've been shopping quotes for the Mariner. I've found that smartcruiser.com has great web rates for the March 2004 RCCL cruise we're considering. Good luck

mac_tic

yes, it does include air fare, forgot to post that. It would be cheaper to get air fare on my own. Not sure which way to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter