Disney vs. Six Flags vs. Knott's vs. Universal

Utah_Mom

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,

My family and I are traveling to the LA area in early May to celebrate my graduation from grad school! Yay! I have a 7 year old girl, 9 year old boy and 10 year old boy. We are spending four full days there and want to make the most out of it.

We went to Disneyland about two years ago and it was great, although two days would have been enough. This time, we want to go into Disneyland one or two days, and I want to check out some of the other local amusement parks.

We all like thrill rides, no baby rides for my kids. Can you all give me some feedback about Six Flags/Knott's/Universal Studios. We want to spend a day in a couple of those places, maybe. So, we like really fun rides....don't care about shows too much. We wouldn't want to go somewhere that is really dirty or full of gangbangers (I read that about one of these parks---).

I would really appreciate your advice.

ALSO---we'll have a rental car---so we don't need to stay right next to Disneyland. A hotel that is convenient to Disneyland and the beach or to these other attractions would be nice. Any parts of the city I should look at~~should I stay in Anaheim or is there a city nearby that has a lot of nice hotels in it? I can research online...but if anyone knows a really cool location convenient to freeways and in a nice, clean section of town, let me know!

Thanks so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter