Disney Wall Art Swap--Interest Thread

I made a super rough mock up of a board using the Mickey heads to see about spacing. Looks like the ears are just a bit too wide to get 5 accross. It doesn't look right. We'll need to do 4 accross in a row which changes how many per board from 23 Mickey heads to 18 Mickey heads + a word...so 19 per board. Sorry guys. See in the picture below.

002-10.jpg

Also, I made 2 different Cricut cart Mickey heads to see if they would be identical in case someone doesn't have a certain cart. they don't match exactly, but are close.
Red= Mickey and Friends (wider oval shaped ears)
Black= Mickey Font (more round ears, takes up less width)
I think red is best...anyone oppossed or not own that cart?

003-8.jpg

I have both, but I like the red better.

I think 18 is pretty good, because we were over 12 swappers (I think).

So should we sign up for 1 spot for now and see how it pans out?

I have both, but I like the red better.

I think 18 is pretty good, because we were over 12 swappers (I think).

So should we sign up for 1 spot for now and see how it pans out?

We have 13 who indicated they want to join in. Please check my math, but I think we're good.
Assuming all 13 do sign up...5 boards x 19 pieces per board is 95 total pieces.
We'd need 9 people to make 7 different designs. Gives us 63 pieces.
We'd need 4 people to volunteer to make 8 designs. Gives us 32 pieces.
63 + 32 = 95
Everyone will make 13 mass produced copies of each mickey head they designed. the group of 9 will mail me 819 mickey heads. The group of 4 people will mail me 416 mickey heads. So I'll have a grand total of 1,235 mickey heads to sort and mail back. 1,235 total divided by the 13 swappers gives each person 95 to complete their boards at home.

Sound right?
I'm thinking the group of 9 people who make 7 different designs--choose 1 from each board (5) and 2 other random ones off any board.
The group of 4 people who make 8 different designs (I will do this, so we need 3 more volunteers)--choose 1 from each board (5) and 3 other random ones off any board.

Let's just go for it all out at sign ups. we'll adjust if someone says they changed their mind. Unless you know of somebody now who is unsure...let me know.

I have these 13 as of now:

mycutiepatooties
JJ&JHsmom
ckmom97
rlovew
Mickeyteacher
morgansmom2000
BernardandMissBianca
dacky041208
JohnsonsLoveDisney
disney-akj
mouseaddicts
mommy2mrb
LOVEMY3KIDDOS

LOL you are asking me to do math!??!

I have my list done and I have 3 choices for each group. So you can put me down where ever you need me. I can be one of the 4.

OK, I'm headed to bed. We have to be up at 5 to run and the little boys want to go with me so we get to fight for the bathroom.

I will be here at 9:45 though to wait for sign ups.

I don't know if Rebecca will get on though, so we need to make sure we save her a spot.

OK, I'm headed to bed. We have to be up at 5 to run and the little boys want to go with me so we get to fight for the bathroom.

I will be here at 9:45 though to wait for sign ups.

I don't know if Rebecca will get on though, so we need to make sure we save her a spot.

What she said... I will hopefully be able to access the DIS from my phone at school (since we do not have kids and I should be out of my meeting) by 9:30.
I'm not picky about what I do, as I have no idea what i"m doing exactly, but I'm sure M2MRB can explain it again to me!

So another words, I'll take any spot in any group, so just count me in.
S :)

I'm willing to be one of the four also. I only have the Mickey and Friends cart but can get the Mickey Font from a friend if needed.

Can I just say how much I love you girls! You all are fantastic! We will remember Rebecca...I wish she had a sign up buddy.

Off to work on more sign up lists. Any changes? Colors look okay or no? before sign ups is the time for me to change things. I'm open to suggestions.

Did you decide on colors for DHS and Epcot? I only see through group C, I may be being a little impatient;) but wanted to make sure I pick colors that are included.

Just noticed you are still working, pay no attention to me!

Did you decide on colors for DHS and Epcot? I only see through group C, I may be being a little impatient;) but wanted to make sure I pick colors that are included.

Just noticed you are still working, pay no attention to me!

Sorry I'm slow... think I'm done now. look okay?

It looks great! No I am sorry, I didn't want to rush you as this has become a huge undertaking! Off to work on my list! Thank you for hostessing this, this is going to be a really cool swap!

Just to double check while I am thinking of ideas. If I sign up for a red item. I know that red needs to be the a big portion of the color, but I can included other colors with my embellishments-right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter