Disney Wonder 5 night Alaskan August 2 2017

Hello
I'm Japanese Disney fun. and I can't speak English well.X(

It's my first DisneyCruise.I'm very very fun!But I have a big task. I haven't paid yet.Because Japanese Yen is weak now.I have to pay until April.I hope to become a strong yen.lol

I want to join FE. I'll post again when I finish to pay.

Has anyone successfully been moved from 2nd seating to 1st seating? Booked mid-October and was waitlisted right away. I'm linked with 2 other reservations though and have a party of 12 so I guess I'll keep holding my breath :faint:

We just booked this cruise! It'll be me, DH, and DD (5 years old).
This is our first DCL cruise to Alaska, but we did an adult-only one in 2011 on HAL and loved it.

Last edited:

Any recommendations on where to stay the night before the cruise? Whether to get transfers?

Here's some ideas on where to stay pre-cruise. Looking at booking.com in USD for double occupancy for availability for August 1st.
  • $152 Days Inn » 3 blocks fro cruise terminal
  • $187 Empire landmark
  • $194 Blue Horizon » a forum fav for value travelers
  • $221 Holiday Inn Downtown
  • $236 Sutton Place
  • $253 Metropolitan
  • $295 Auberge » 3 blocks from cruise terminal
  • $298 Hampton Inn » a fav for Hilton point collectors
  • $343 Pinnacle Harbourfront » 5 blocks from cruise terminal
  • $381 Pan Pacific » you sleep above the cruise terminal
  • $382 Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
  • $402 Delta
  • $414 Shangri-La
  • $418 Fairmont Waterfront » you sleep across from the cruise terminal
  • $425 Sheraton Wall Centre
  • $448 Fairmont Pacific Rim » 3 blocks from cruise terminal
  • $467 Four Seasons
  • $470 Hyatt Regency
  • $474 Marriot Pinnacle
  • $478 Westin Bayshore
  • $605 Rosewood
$31 to $35 (USD $27) for a taxi carload from the airport to a downtown hotel.

Note expect prices to be higher if you plan to be in Vancouver July 29th for the weekend. There is a big fireworks competition. Best to explore Vancouver post-cruise.

Last edited:

Has anyone successfully been moved from 2nd seating to 1st seating? Booked mid-October and was waitlisted right away. I'm linked with 2 other reservations though and have a party of 12 so I guess I'll keep holding my breath :faint:

I'm curious if you're still waitlisted? I booked over New Years so I'm not expecting anything to happen anytime soon for me. Thought maybe those that booked earlier might have seem some movement though.

I'm curious if you're still waitlisted? I booked over New Years so I'm not expecting anything to happen anytime soon for me. Thought maybe those that booked earlier might have seem some movement though.

Haven't seen any change. Hoping I'll get bumped up after the PIF date coming up in just under a month!

Haven't seen any change. Hoping I'll get bumped up after the PIF date coming up in just under a month!

Ughhh don't remind me. Lol I was watching the rate to convert from CAD to USD hover around 1.31 a few weeks ago and was hoping it would drop below 1.30 before I bought. Now it's up close to 1.35 :crazy2:

New to board and Disney cruising. We are so excited -- just booked our first trip on the 8/2/2017 Alaskan cruise this afternoon. I'm looking forward to learning the "ins and outs" from all of you. We will be arriving a couple of days early so that we can explore Vancouver. Travel party will be my husband, myself and our 11 (at that time) y/o daughter. Any and all advice appreciated!
Welcome aboard, I have a 10 yr old daughter. This will be our 3rd cruise on the wonder so maybe the girls will make friends. Last time my girls enjoyed the freedom of wondering the ship a bit on thier own.

Welcome aboard, I have a 10 yr old daughter. This will be our 3rd cruise on the wonder so maybe the girls will make friends. Last time my girls enjoyed the freedom of wondering the ship a bit on thier own.
That would be great! We were just discussing how uncool it would be to spend all her time with "her parents". We've heard wonderful things about this cruise -- looking forward to connecting!

Hi there! We've never cruised on Disney before - but love the idea of the FE group and having some familiar names prior to going! I am hoping there will be some boys on the trip to keep my 3 boys busy!!

Cabin # 8012
Family name Sommer
Travelers Names: Jodi (mom) all Princesses
Cory (DH) Jungle Book
Cohen - (11 DS) Star Wars
Emmett - (9 DS) Star Wars
Keaton - (5 DS) - Pooh, Star Wars or Super heros
Special Occasions - Keaton is turning 6 on our trip :)
Allergies - none

Last edited:
Well I just made my payment in full...hoping to get moved up to first seating from second

Here's some ideas on where to stay pre-cruise. Looking at booking.com in USD for double occupancy for availability for August 1st.
  • $187 Empire landmark
  • $236 Sutton Place
  • $253 Metropolitan
  • $402 Delta
  • $414 Shangri-La
  • $467 Four Seasons
  • $470 Hyatt Regency
  • $474 Marriot Pinnacle
  • $478 Westin Bayshore
  • $605 Rosewood

Note expect prices to be higher if you plan to be in Vancouver July 29th for the weekend. There is a big fireworks competition. Best to explore Vancouver post-cruise.

Where is the fireworks competition held? On the waterfront?

Where did you find the price for $382 for the Fairmont in Vancouver? I cannot find a quote that cheap.

• $187 Empire landmark
  • $236 Sutton Place
  • $253 Metropolitan
  • $402 Delta
  • $414 Shangri-La
  • $467 Four Seasons
  • $470 Hyatt Regency
  • $474 Marriot Pinnacle
  • $478 Westin Bayshore
  • $605 Rosewood

Where did you find the price for $382 for the Fairmont in Vancouver? I cannot find a quote that cheap.
That quote was 6 weeks ago. Looking at booking.com for 2 people on August 1st this morning....
  • $391 Fairmont Waterfront
  • $512 Fairmont Pacific Rim
Interesting.... while the Hotel Vancouver has up by $1. The Waterfront went on sale for $57 price drop. Pacific Rim has gone up in price.

@april1401: What rates are you seeing? Are you looking prices in USD or Loonies (name for the depressed local currency)? Did a quick check on Expedia.... I'm seeing similar prices as booking.com.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!