Disney Wonder: May 20, 2019 7-Day Alaska Adventure!

My wife and I just booked last night. We're looking forward to it. Alaska has been on our "Cruise Wishlist" for about 3 years now.

Travel arrangements are still up in the air, because we're not sure of our exact dates yet. We are going to try to take the week before the cruise off from work and see friends/family in CA before heading to Vancouver, but that may not happen.

(also, if anyone is planning on cancelling a Palo brunch for a party of 2, please let me know, I'd love to be able to grab one)

(also, if anyone is planning on cancelling a Palo brunch for a party of 2, please let me know, I'd love to be able to grab one)

I spoke with a CM and he said although not guaranteed, there is a good chance you can get a brunch if you go straight to Palo when you board and ask the host there in person if they can accommodate you. He said that although he isn't sure, he thinks they save a few for onboard bookings since some guests either don't know they are supposed to book in advance or don't know how to use the website.

I spoke with a CM and he said although not guaranteed, there is a good chance you can get a brunch if you go straight to Palo when you board and ask the host there in person if they can accommodate you. He said that although he isn't sure, he thinks they save a few for onboard bookings since some guests either don't know they are supposed to book in advance or don't know how to use the website.
THIS

Plus it's worth checking back with the restaurant while on board since some people change plans after getting a look at the Navigator and decide to do something different. It happens a fair amount.

BTW, my wife and I have moved around a bit but have landed on this sailing for our Alaska cruise this year. This is our second time with DCL in Alaska as a couple although we've done a couple of others as a family when our adult kids were younger. We love Alaska and are really looking forward to returning with Disney.

Booked a 2020 Alaska cruise this past week, but now eyeing this one due the 20% off VGT (my husband even threw his wallet at me last night and told me to just do it, but gotta make sure that I can fit this in my work schedule first!). Concerned that there will not be much left in regards to Palo dining, port excursions, and even just getting the early dining time. Anyone else have experience with a VGT booking so late in the game? Anyone recently done their online booking and can give me a head's up on availability of the 5:45 dining?

Booked a 2020 Alaska cruise this past week, but now eyeing this one due the 20% off VGT (my husband even threw his wallet at me last night and told me to just do it, but gotta make sure that I can fit this in my work schedule first!). Concerned that there will not be much left in regards to Palo dining, port excursions, and even just getting the early dining time. Anyone else have experience with a VGT booking so late in the game? Anyone recently done their online booking and can give me a head's up on availability of the 5:45 dining?

I think main dining is full but you can waitlist maybe? Palo brunches are sold out but dinner seems to still have some availability from what I’ve heard. New cruisers were able to get Character breakfast and Frozen/princess meet and greet tickets last week when they checked in. People seem to have gotten most of the excursions they want but I booked all of mine independently so don’t really know what’s available through DCL.

Has anyone made or purchased a fish extender yet? I couldn’t tell if there was a group started here yet or not. This will be our 3rd Disney cruise but 1st to Alaska. Traveling with my 12 year old son who is excited to be part of the tween club this time.

In January, we booked our May 2019 Alaska cruise through Costco Travel. I asked the agent for Main seating but it wasn't available. So, we got Second seating but were put on the wait list for Main seating. Nonetheless, I logged onto the DCL site every day, in the hopes of being able to change our seating. Last week, I was finally able to change our seating to Main seating.

Has anyone made or purchased a fish extender yet? I couldn’t tell if there was a group started here yet or not. This will be our 3rd Disney cruise but 1st to Alaska. Traveling with my 12 year old son who is excited to be part of the tween club this time.
There is a group on the social media website not to be named. They are closing the FE groupings at the end of this week. I didn’t join because it is our first ever cruise and I feel like we will be busy enough trying to do all the things, also we are carryon only people. As far as I know there are no FE exchanges being arranged on this forum.

Curses! I see that DCL has a promotion going where you can save 20% on our particular cruise and get a Guaranteed Verandah for $2380/person (plus taxes & fees). That would be less than $150 more than the inside stateroom I already have reserved. I called both Costco Travel and DCL and both told me that this offer is only for new reservations. I would have loved to have surprised my wife today by telling here we got a verandah stateroom for about the same price that we've already paid. Alas, it's not to be. :(

Curses! I see that DCL has a promotion going where you can save 20% on our particular cruise and get a Guaranteed Verandah for $2380/person (plus taxes & fees). That would be less than $150 more than the inside stateroom I already have reserved. I called both Costco Travel and DCL and both told me that this offer is only for new reservations. I would have loved to have surprised my wife today by telling here we got a verandah stateroom for about the same price that we've already paid. Alas, it's not to be. :(
I looked at this, too. I considered what it would cost me in penalties to cancel after PIF and it didn't make sense for me. We've got two rooms and an OBB discount, so we're better off where we are. DCL is pretty good about making sure folks with existing reservations don't cancel en masse to take advantage of a *GT offer.

Well, if they're still available at port, maybe you can get a day-of upgrade for not much more than you have already paid. It looks like they must have quite a few rooms still available if they're pushing aggressive discounts this close to sailing. Hope it works out for you!

Yeah ... see what you can find by way of available upgrades at check in. If they're running out guaranteed rates this late in the game, then I'd say you have a pretty good shot.

I just looked at my countdown and we're at 46 days! Honestly, I really need some sea air and some quiet right now, so I'm looking forward to this sailing a LOT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!