Disney Wonder So Caribbean in San Juan January 26, 2020

mickey9170

In Disney Again!
Hello everyone!! Planning for 480 days from now! So excited. This will be our first trip to San Juan. We will be staying in San Juan for several days prior to this sailing. SO anyone with tips and ideas on things to do in San Juan and where to stay would be very interesting to hear about.

Can't wait to hear from you all!

We are also booked on this cruise and I’m really hoping that we will make it!! This will be our 8th Disney cruise. Have been to San Juan for a week long holiday a few years ago, but not to any of the port stops. Will share what we did in PR later assuming I can find our travel plan from the last trip :)

Yep, we are in. Catching a ride back to the mainland on the following cruise.
Hi Kristen :wave:

Before our last Southern Caribbean, we took a food/city tour that was awesome. We found it on trip advisor - Flavors of San Juan tour. It was wonderful. We went to 6 locations. It isn't something I'd take little kids on but older ones would be OK. We liked it so much that we did one in Nassau a year later and it was great too. They provide a good history of the city while walking between the food locations. There were about 5 other couples on the tour with us. Several had just gotten off a cruise ship, some were docked for the day and one couple was there for the week.

We have to get past the WBPC before we can get into full scale planning for this cruise.

Yep, we are in. Catching a ride back to the mainland on the following cruise.
Hi Kristen :wave:

Before our last Southern Caribbean, we took a food/city tour that was awesome. We found it on trip advisor - Flavors of San Juan tour. It was wonderful. We went to 6 locations. It isn't something I'd take little kids on but older ones would be OK. We liked it so much that we did one in Nassau a year later and it was great too. They provide a good history of the city while walking between the food locations. There were about 5 other couples on the tour with us. Several had just gotten off a cruise ship, some were docked for the day and one couple was there for the week.

We have to get past the WBPC before we can get into full scale planning for this cruise.

Hi Laurie :-)
We are so excited for the WBPC. Only 140 more days I believe! Need to do some research for SJ. 6 adults touring SJ prior to the cruise, we want to find some fun things to do, local flavors, and rich history would be good! Also need to find a good place for us all to stay and close to the port for ease and convenience.

Hi, we just booked this cruise. Only 344 days out!

Last time we ended a cruise in San Juan and ended up staying at El Conquistador in Fajardo for a few days post-cruise. I don't think we'll be able to stay much after this cruise, but I still need to work that out.

Hello everyone!! Planning for 480 days from now! So excited. This will be our first trip to San Juan. We will be staying in San Juan for several days prior to this sailing. SO anyone with tips and ideas on things to do in San Juan and where to stay would be very interesting to hear about.

As I mentioned in my previous post, we stayed in Fajardo for a few days after our last cruise to San Juan and I've flown to PR several other times. If you're there for more than a day or two, I recommend staying somewhere outside of San Juan for part of your time in Puerto Rico.

Staying east of San Juan gives you easy access to El Yunque National Forrest, Luquillo Beach and the Laguna Grande Bio-luminescent Bay. Hotels to the east that I know of are El Conquistador (amazing beach on a private sand-bar like island), there are also several resorts in the Rio Grande area (Melia, St. Regis).

West of San Juan puts you closer to the Arecibo Observatory, other forest preserves for hiking, Pozo de Jacinto ('Jacinto's Well', a rock formation that creates a water spout at Jobos Beach). For hotels, I've heard Villa Montana is nice.

For staying in San Juan, I like the Caribe Hilton. If you'd like something more colonial, El Convento is beautiful.

Just booked on this cruise this morning. Very excited for the adventurous itinerary. We just got off our first DCL cruise (first of any cruise) a couple weeks ago. We will be flying in on Saturday mid/late afternoon, so I'm not sure what hotel we will stay at since we are staying only one night. I'd like to tour parts of old San Juan and let this kids at least get a bit of pool time and maybe beach time. But, I'm not sure there is time to do so.

Hubby and I booked this cruise and the next one to New Orleans on opening day. I was checking around facebook for the cruise page and thought I would also check here. Glad I found a group! These B2B cruises will bring us to Platinum Castaway Club members. How many cruises have you done and which ship is your favorite? this will be our 9th and 10th cruise and the Wonder is our favorite ship.... though it seems it is also the one we have been on the most.

Hi, I booked this cruise for my family on opening day.10 of us, 5 adults and 5 grandkids ages 3-12. Boy are they excited. I did this cruise with my daughter and her family in 2014 when we were five and had a great time. Now both my daughters and their families are coming with me. the 3 year olds have never cruised so that will be interesting. The 7 year old can't remember cruising since he was 10 months the last time. The older two have been waiting to cruise again. Looking forward to meeting fellow passengers here since I don't do Facebook. This is my 19 DCL cruise.

Just booked this cruise today! Me, DH, DD9, and DS6! This will be our first ever cruise. I'm so excited!

Hello Everyone,

T-minus <1 year until the cruise. This is our fourth Disney cruise but our first time on the Wonder.

We have never participated in the fishextened but would like too. We were wondering if anyone knows if this cruise will have one .

Big Hi from Toronto, Canada ,
Happy Cruising

Hello Everyone,

T-minus <1 year until the cruise. This is our fourth Disney cruise but our first time on the Wonder.

We have never participated in the fishextened but would like too. We were wondering if anyone knows if this cruise will have one .

Big Hi from Toronto, Canada ,
Happy Cruising
There’s a link above that will take you to a group that organizes fish extenders!

Hi from Sarnia!

This will also be our first Disney cruise! We are sailing for my sons 5th Bday he is so excited ( I may be more LOL) Just the 2 of us and Grandparents.

Tyler😘

This will also be our first Disney cruise! We are sailing for my sons 5th Bday he is so excited ( I may be more LOL) Just the 2 of us and Grandparents.

Tyler😘

Welcome aboard! There are lots of new places for your son to explore on this itinerary.

Hi, I just posted on the main board, but in case it's not seen, wanted to post it here also. Martinique is now requiring cruise passengers to have a passport to get off the ship there. Article about it is at the news feed on the main thread page, on Sept. 29

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter