Disney World Trip Planning - Mother & Daughter Trip - Advice Needed

DisneyDreamer3090

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

We are in the early (very, very early) stages of planning a Disney world vacation for January 2021! This may seem very early but we are from Australia and so these magical trips are few and far between, it will be 10 years since our last visit. The trip will consist of my mother and I coming for anywhere between 8-14 days including over the marathon weekend. I aiming to be able to do the half marathon. We also want to go to the universal parks.

Obviously detailed planning and even flights and bookings will not take place for a while however we want to start thinking about length of stay and have an idea of where we want to stay so we can start saving up and budgeting as it is quite an expensive trip!

Any advice on how many days to stay at Disney to see all the parks properly and whether to stay on site at Universal. Is it better to do universal at the start or end?

At the moment we are thinking of staying at the beach club if we can budget enough! We stayed there last time and absolutely loved it, it is quite an expense but it was so beautiful and being so close to 2 parks was a big benefit. Otherwise possibly the contemporary?

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions ☺️

Hayley

You can never start planning early enough we are going the last week of May/1st Week of June in 2021 and I have already selected hotel and consulted with the girls as of where we will eat. Now as to length we will be doing 2 days per park except for Magic Kingdom which takes 3 days. The Beach Club is a good choice we are doing the Poly (want my monorail). You can do the parks in less time but I have found that it really takes 3 days for MK and at least 2 for Epcot. We are planning on one full day in Star Wars so that makes 2 for Hollywood and you could always do 1 in Animal Kingdom and maybe one in a Water Park.

I would try to stay onsite at Universal at one of the hotels that gives you the express pass. That way, you won't have to wait in line. For my family, we were able to see everything we wanted at Universal in 3 days, 2 probably would have been enough.

As far as Disney, I would do 2 or 3 days at MK, 2 at Epcot, and 1 or 2 at DHS and AK. The Contemporary is awesome, you can walk to MK, and of course you have the monorail. I love Beach Club too, so I don't think you can wrong with either of those.

I'm fairly certain that Contemporary prices are going to be higher than Beach Club though if budget is a concern. Contemporary is amazing though in terms of being able to walk to MK and use the monorail like the previous poster mentioned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter