Disneygirl_wdw's Wedding Trip Report-01/03/08 Swan

disneygirl_wdw

Mouseketeer
I am still finishing the last part but I thought I would post what I have so far for the anxious Swan brides.

Background Info:
I met my DF my second semester in college through my best friend. We hit it off right away and became almost inseparable. After a year he decided to propose to me. We went to DW with my family during Christmas time. We ate dinner at my favorite restaurant, Ohana's. Once dinner was over he took me out to the beach of the Polynesian to watch Wishes. He proposed right after the fireworks were over. It was very cold that night, but I didn't care.:lovestruc We decided to wait a few years to get married since we were both still in college and couldn't afford to move out quite yet. After 3 long years we were able to start planning the wedding of our dreams. I had always wanted either a DFTW or a beach wedding. When looking at the costs we found it was cheaper to do a DFTW at the time. After looking at our budget and our guest list we decided we couldn't afford a DFTW. We looked into having it at the Swan. Since we were down there on vacation we at least scheduled a tour with Just Marry to see the options. Originally I wasn't too happy with the choices, but then I saw the beach location. I heard it was an option from other Swan Brides. I immediately booked it. I could have my wedding actually on the beach and in Disney World. :cloud9:

We had the rehearsal dinner at the Boardwalk at The Big River Brewing Company. Unfortunately it was a record cold night and my niece and I had to walk from Disney Studios to Boardwalk. We had just missed the boat and had 15 minutes to get to the place, so we walked. It was very cold with the wind blowing off of the lake. Luckily I had a jacket and sweater on, but it was still chilly. When we finally arrived they were able to seat us. I don’t know if I would really recommend this as a rehearsal dinner spot. They split our group into two tables with 2 separate waiters. The waiter we had was terrific, however the other tables was not. He was telling everyone to fill up the first table and then fill up the second table with the stragglers that have yet to show up. This would have been fine except they were trying to split my DH, myself, and the best man (who we were paying for) up. Finally enough people showed up we were able to sit together at the second table. Apparently the people at that table didn’t have very good service. Our waiter was very good and gave us good recommendations. Once the dinner was over we were all to walk over to the Swan to see the site, however it was too cold so we just decided to go our separate ways. The bridal party headed to Pleasure Island. It was the best night I have had there. Not a lot of people were there. We had front row seats for Comedy Warehouse; something my best friend is wishing we didn’t. (It was a had to be there moment) I was also picked out of the crowd wearing my bridal ears at Adventures Club by Pamelia Perkins and pretty much everyone else. It was a lot of fun. I would recommend everyone to at least hang out there the night before their wedding. Pamelia might even sing “Evergreens” for you. After a fun, cold night we headed back to the resort to get ready for the big day:dance3: .

Yay, I'm so glad you started your TR! Can't wait to read it! Just a quick question. You said your rehearsal dinner was at Big River Grille... they told me they don't make reservations... did you have a big group? How did they handle that? Thanks!

Yay, I'm so glad you started your TR! Can't wait to read it! Just a quick question. You said your rehearsal dinner was at Big River Grille... they told me they don't make reservations... did you have a big group? How did they handle that? Thanks!

They didn't do reservations, except if you wanted to do a planned dinner but they did put our name in a book to let them know we were comming and gave us the next available tables once we were there. We had 2 large tables together each held 11 or so. We had to wait a little bit, but not very long. It was next to the restrooms, kindof secluded from the rest of the restaraunt. I couldn't tell you who we talked to now and I lost the person's name and phone #. I wanna say Anthony or something.

My wedding took place on the beach at the Swan Resort on January 3rd, 2008. I had the basic package modified. I decided to make my own floral arrangements and got the flowers at a local craft store. I had the cake upgraded to 2 tier. Since I had the wedding on the beach I could not use the arch, which saved us money. My modified package included an officiant, ceremony location, hospitality suite, 2 tier cake, sodas, and sparkling apple cider. In all the package cost us around $1,600. I was assigned Aimee as my planner and she was really nice. Anytime I had a question she answered almost immediately. For the actual wedding day my coordinator was Caroline. She was super nice and made sure everything ran smoothly. For the officiant the one they usually book is Rev. Tim Herring. I really wanted Rev. Kevin Knox. They said no problem and booked him for me. He was a little more expensive, but worth it. He made sure everything ran smoothly throughout the ceremony. With the holiday it was a little difficult getting the marriage license. We picked it up at the Osceola Courthouse on the 31st of December. We were shocked to find they were opened then. We had no problems and no line when getting it. The courthouse was really easy to get to and the guards directed us to the room. Once we had the license we were ready to get married.:bride: :groom:

Awesome. I really wanted to read more about swan/dolphin weddings. I am seriously considering a DFTW but the more I think about it, I don't really understand what the $4000 is going toward except the location. I'd rather put the $2000 I'd save toward something else.

YAY:cool1: This is awesome so glad you decided to do this! Can't wait to see pictures and read your PJ it is going to be awesome :thumbsup2 for you taking the time to do this!

I think it's so great you decided to do a TR of a Swan & Dolphin wedding. There are so many girls you are helping out! With that- Can't wait to see some pics!

Okay I have done :laundy:, watched a movie popcorn:: , and most of all :surfweb: for a few days now waiting for you to continue putting this together and NOTHING yet! Come on already give me some more Swan/Dolphin wedding photos on here I am excited to see.....

Can't wait :yay:

Sorry It's been hectic lately with job interviews and such. I have been meaning to post pics and stuff my computer isn't working with the photos right now. I should be able to tomorrow.

Hey Disneygirl - glad you decided to start a report. Looking forward to reading more popcorn::

Thanks, the info you provide should help a lot of potential/future Swan brides out there ;)

Disneygirl I am getting fat here :lmao: I have been sitting here with popcorn:: and :surfweb: for days and you have not posted anything :scared1: You are going to have to send me diet pills to get thinner and tylenol PM to sleep after you start posting....

Just wondering where you have been .;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts