Disneyland Annual Passes

grizbuzz

DIS Veteran
I'm planning to buy annual passes to Disneyland for my family. Does anyone know where I can purchase the APs and get the DVC discount? Can I do this online or by phone and get the discount? Also, what are the benefits to getting the Premium AP over the Deluxe AP other than no blockout dates?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

You can just show your DVC membership card at Disneyland when you buy the pass. (I am not sure if you can buy this thru MS).

I can tell you the differences between the Deluxe and Premium Pass.

Premium offers the follwing benifits not offered on the other passes:

Free parking (this is a $40.00 add on for the other passes)
10% off merchandise at most Disneyland resort locations (This might be avaliable on the other passes, not sure)
15% off all table service locations
10% off all counter service locations (These two are exclusive to the Premium)
Admission 365 days a year.

Also, with the Premium AP, you get one 20% off coupon good at all the Disneyland stores and the World of Disney Store at DTD. It has saved us a lot over the years with some of our collectibles.

Obviously, I need to read these boards a little more. I didn't know we got DVC discounts on passes at DL.

Thanks for posting this! I'm going to Disneyland for a couple days during a business trip at the end of the month. I didn't know there was a DVC discount! I was debating between buying a 2 or 3 day pass and an AP since their AP's are much cheaper. I'll probably be able to get there again within a year.

Unfortunately the discount on the pass is only $20.00 I don't know why they can't give a discount similar to the WDW discount. Perhaps when the GCH DVC opens this will change.

We were just at the Grand Californian Hotel on points and found if we purchased a 3 day park hopper, it was only $40 more for a Deluxe Annual Pass. We went with the AP (that is with DVC discount) as just one more day within the year will more than pay for itself. Plus it gives us another reason to get back there sooner!

BTW, the DVC desk in the hotel lobby had an entry form for DVC members who purchased an AP during their stay, I did not take the info home with me, but the contest includes 3 Disneyland vacations that they are giving away. We signed up and would love to hear that we are a winner!

Thanks for posting this! I'm going to Disneyland for a couple days during a business trip at the end of the month. I didn't know there was a DVC discount! I was debating between buying a 2 or 3 day pass and an AP since their AP's are much cheaper. I'll probably be able to get there again within a year.

That's what we did last year. We made a March 06 trip and purchased APs with plans to make it back within a year. Made it back in Feb and stayed at the CG with an AP rate.

It was fun having APs at both WDW and DL for one year. I'm sure we'll do it again a few years down the road.

And as dwelty said, you can just purchase the APs with DVC discount at the ticket booths. You then have to go into DL to get the photo AP. We did this at opening on a weekday and were finished in a few minutes. I've read the line gets long later in the day and I'm sure on weekends.

Be sure to visit the DIS DL board. There are helpful and friendly folks there.

Thanks for all the good info :thumbsup2

Does anyone know if the AP Disneyland hotel rates (AP4 I think?) are good for both Deluxe and Premium AP holders? I'm thinking of going with AP rates instead of points -- $149 for Disneyland and $179 for Paradise Pier Concierge. I have already made reservations for AP4 rate and want to be sure I get the right Disneyland AP.

Thanks!

Yes, we just had deluxe APs and I was able to book the AP rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter