Disneyland Christmas Parade

sacandjac

Earning My Ears
We will be there a few days before Thanksgiving and I see that they are having the Christmas Parade. Did I read somewhere that there may be snow involved with this parade? We are from southern Louisiana and snow of any kind (including fake) would be fun for us.

Also, Fantasmic dessert buffet-when can you book?

We've been to Disneyworld many times, but this will be our first DL trip. We are getting very excited, but I know very little about planning for this trip. Any help appreciated!!

Thanks, Jill :grouphug:

Snow at DL is soap. I'm not sure about the parade - last year the snow-soap was with the fireworks

Fantasmic Dessert Buffet bookings can be made 30 days prior to the day you want. The "snow" is right after the fireworks. It looks a lot better in the dark with the kinds of lights they use. I saw the machines going off during the day once--it was pretty funny looking.

Is it soap bubbles or flakes. I'm just wondering if it gets stuck in your hair and on your clothes?

It's soap foam actually--like someone took the suds from dishwashing liquid (the kind you use in a sink) and blew into them. It will get all over you, but disappears.

thanks iceskatejen, I'll bet the kids will use that as an excuse to not shower at night while we're there .... EEEUUUUWWWW!

If you really want to get the most of the snow, ask a CM to point out where the blowers are. They are usually near the speakers, near the front of the castle, along main street, near Small World, and sometimes Rivers of America. The snow does not travel far from the blowers, so try to stake out a spot near them if your kids (or you :) ) want to catch "snowflakes" Very fun for kids who don't get to see the real thing.

We were there the week of Thankgiving last year and I want to warn you that the fireworks were cancelled 3 of the 4 nights we were there. Thankfully we finally got to see them on the last night! I don't know if that was just something that was occurring last year or if it's typical that time of year.

were there late July/Early Aug, Fireworks cancelled 4 nights in a row at that point, they wiat til the very last minute to cancel!! It's terrible.

The reason they wait until the last minute is that they really do want to show them and they really are hoping that the wind conditions improve enough to show them. I've heard that it actually cost Disney more to cancel the show than to have it. But, safety of the guests and cast members does have to come first.

iceskatejen said:
The reason they wait until the last minute is that they really do want to show them and they really are hoping that the wind conditions improve enough to show them. I've heard that it actually cost Disney more to cancel the show than to have it. But, safety of the guests and cast members does have to come first.

I think they know before 2 minutes before and just want to keep people in the parks, spending $$.

Considering the amount of times I've been sitting there waiting for them and watched the white balloons go up to test the wind speed and direction, I know they're trying to show them. I also know someone in that department (a friend's uncle is a fire marshall at DL) and from what he's said, they're really hoping to show them every night they're scheduled. Plus, who's spending money when you're packed in like sardines waiting for the fireworks? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter