Disneyland Express, enough time?

imLissy

Mouseketeer
I'd prefer to take the Disneyland Express since we have a toddler and don't want to deal with a car seat, but our flight back on Sunday is at 8:35am. They have a 5:50 bus that arrives at 7, which I would think is enough time, but I'm not familiar with Disneyland Express nor LAX.

An arrival of 7am LAX, for an 8:35am flight might be tight.

If all goes well you're right, it should be enough time.

SNA or LGB are smaller airports and easier to navigate. Any possibility of one of these instead of LAX? The Disney bus goes to SNA but not LGB.

Last edited:
New to LAX? I'm so sorry. I feel i should prepare you with a humble native Californian opinion- LAX SUCKS. SO MUCH. 8 terminals- not all connected. (Make sure you get dropped off at the proper terminal! We had connecting flights this spring on opposite ends of LAX -not our choice, airline rebooked us on a partner airline- it took 1 hour gate to gate and we half ran where we could, but we waited for the terminal bus, which was confusing in itself come to think of it, because that would have been way too much walking. Terminals look so much closer on that map. So, pay attention to the signs when you're getting dropped off. I know it sounds like a no-brainer but huge airport, early morning, tired, kid, family, tickets- this is a little thing you don't want to get wrong.) Also, LAX is always under serious construction. And so much traffic. (But prob not bad that time of morning, so YAY!)

Now that you're super-stoked for your LAX experience- to business! I wouldn't do this- but I have only flown in and out of LAX a couple times this last year. And am practically paranoid about having enough time there at this point. Mainly because LAX TSA has been awful the last couple times I went through. Have TSA Pre-Check to solve that problem? ROFL. Those lanes are only open every 6th Monday of the month. And hours are limited. But seriously, don't count on it if you've got it.

Personally I'd spring for a private car that will have the car seat you need, just dealing with your toddler at LAX will be stress enough- don't add to it by worrying you'll be late or trying to race through LAX to your gate. DISers are a good resource if you need suggestions. (Sorry I can't help- no kids.)

I would personally not try this at LAX, it could work, if you hit no traffic getting to or around the airport, and you either aren't checking bags, or somehow there is no line to do that, and TSA isn't backed up, but based on my LAX experience, this would not be enough time. I refuse to fly out of LAX after my experience, it was just too stressful, and unfortunately based on the feedback from my LA area friends extremely typical, and I am a very experienced flyer, with LAX being the only airport on my 'will not fly out of' list.

I would suggest booking a private car with car seat. Unfortunately I can't help with a recommendation as I do not have kids and just take Uber/Lyft.

I like lax.

But that's not enough time unless there are multiple flights after that one that you can have them put you on if you miss it. And if you don't have precheck you'll likely miss it.

I haven't had the same problems at LAX that so many others have had - it's been fairly easy for us and we're traveling with 4 kids.

That said, I have to agree with others that it's a tight timeline. Which airline are you flying?

That would be too tight for me! ... But I've had 90 minutes in a TSA line there one afternoon. And, a few years ago, I had a DLRE bus that took me nearly 3 hours to get from pick-up to LAX drop off on a Sunday afternoon--glad I had planned in extra time just-in-case!

I try to definitely be in the TSA line at or a little before the 2 hour suggestion. Remember boarding starts 30 minutes before take off, so your aim for 8:35 could throw a kink in your plan. However, I have also never flown out at 8:35am from LAX. So, I would try to be in the TSA by 6:30am at the very latest, which means I'd need to be leaving the resort area by around 5:30am for my own comfort. We never check bags, so I don't know how much time you may need to add to that for checking bags at the counter. That's assuming a weekend day so no rush hour traffic. I'd bring the carseat (easier to keep them wrangled in on the flight too), and just hire a taxi. Yes, it may cost more, however, you won't have to worry about not making it there in time.

Oh yikes, so it's like Newark :D Actually TSA's been pretty good lately at Newark, I shouldn't complain.

We're flying Alaska but it says to check in with Virgin America

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter