Disneyland HELP!!

Celebgrrl

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone -

I'm a TOTALLY Walt Disney World veteran. I know near-everything there is to know - how to avoid lines, where to eat, where the bathrooms are- everything. (Hey, I was concieved there, guess it's in my blood.

I was going to plan my 30th birthday there, but recently, my mother suggested going to Disneyland instead (it's something new for everyone in the family).

Since it is so new - I need LOTS of help!! The family (My mom, brother, brother's fiance, my fiance and I) are planning on going in either October or September. We are also thinking of staying at the Grand Californian (I think that's what it's called). It will be a 4 day vacation there and then 3 days at one of the Navy Lodges in San Diego (possibly the one near the Del Coranado).

So, any planning advice for a COMPLETE NOVICE? Any prefered dates/weeks? Good rides? Things I shouldn't miss? Best resturant to go to to celebrate my B-day (I won't be available for my actual birthday, so we are really flexible regarding dates).

Thanks everyone!!

:earsboy:

Celebgrrl said:
Hey everyone -

I'm a TOTALLY Walt Disney World veteran. I know near-everything there is to know - how to avoid lines, where to eat, where the bathrooms are- everything. (Hey, I was concieved there, guess it's in my blood.

I was going to plan my 30th birthday there, but recently, my mother suggested going to Disneyland instead (it's something new for everyone in the family).

Since it is so new - I need LOTS of help!! The family (My mom, brother, brother's fiance, my fiance and I) are planning on going in either October or September. We are also thinking of staying at the Grand Californian (I think that's what it's called). It will be a 4 day vacation there and then 3 days at one of the Navy Lodges in San Diego (possibly the one near the Del Coranado).

So, any planning advice for a COMPLETE NOVICE? Any prefered dates/weeks? Good rides? Things I shouldn't miss? Best resturant to go to to celebrate my B-day (I won't be available for my actual birthday, so we are really flexible regarding dates).

Thanks everyone!!

:earsboy:

eat luch at the 'Blue Bayou' in New Orleans Square in DL. The restaurant overlooks the beginning of the POTC. Reminds me of the mexican restaurant at Epcot. Don't forget to make a reservation 6 weeks in advance.

It's so different than WDW - but not in a bad way! Soarin' Over California is a must see! The Indiana Jones Adventure ride and the Matterhorn are not at WDW so you have to try those. Also - POTC is definately better! So is Fantasmic! if you can catch it while you're there. The Main Street Electrical Parade is also wonderful! Toon Town is what Toon Town Fair should have been, and New Orleans Square itself is just wonderful. the Blue Bayou is the best Disney restaurant (as far as themeing and atmosphere) we've ever been to.... oh I can't wait!!!! We're going in April! Have fun!

depending on when you go in that time frame, you will might encounter HM being "down" for it's overlay, so if that ride, or being able to seee the Nightmare overlay, is important to you....pick your dates with care.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter