• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Hong Kong Questions

lurontravel

Mouseketeer
We'd had a trip planned to China for Aug 30 of this year, but due to a family injury, had to cancel:sad1: . So, now I'm re-planning it, and re-thinking about how much time we will spend there. I am considering adding on an extra week or so (that we couldn't add on before, because of my husband's work schedule as well as the children's school schedule...) and spending that extra week with just my parents and my two children. If we did so, we'd go to Hong Kong and Disneyland Hong Kong. Does anyone know anything about DLHK? What is the maximum room occupancy (I'd love to just get one room for the 5 of us,)? How many days would you suggest staying at the park for to enjoy the rides as well as the grounds and other areas that Disney has? Information regarding transportation to/from the resorts to the "downtown" area of Hong Kong? Any other information that you can think of that would be helpful?
Thanks for your help.

:happytv: :banana:

2 sites to check out. The official Disneyland HK site which can be accessed thru the main Disney web site. Also HKDLSource.com has some good info on the park. Hope this helps.

I've been there twice since opening. The first time I was quite surprised to have covered most of the "big" or unique attractions in the park in about 3 hours. This didn't include things like Dumbo, Tea Cups, Carosel, etc. that you may want to see with children. I was passing through Hong Kong for work so it was just me and I was able to move quickly. Of course I did stay the whole day to really explore all of the park in detail but by days end I had been on Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, and many others several times.

So if you figure you can move at a good pace, it's definitely a 1 day park. With very small children that require a slower pace, you could probably stertch it out more. There is not much else outside the park to see other than taking a look around the 2 hotels. There is no Downtown Disney or other similar area.

Hopefully the park and the overall resort will continue to expand over the coming years as planned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter