• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Hotel: Fridge in room?

Alex2kMommy

<font color=purple>I'm going a little nutso myself
FYI to anyone wondering this question. I have gotten mixed information on this topic, so I called the DLH today to give room specs, and asked about the fridge.

I was told that each room has an electric 'cooler'; they don't call it a refrigerator because the temperature isn't as cold as a fridge typically is set. I asked if it was cold enough to keep milk, and she said yes. She also said that if we wanted the temp lower, we could put a container of ice inside the unit as well, that would cool it down a bit.

Thought this might be helpful info for others. :daisy:

Our "electric cooler" over the summer was pretty cold...it froze up our cans of coke. We had to lower the setting. We had the same type of coooler at the PP hotel last month and that too froze up bottles of water on us. From our experience I'd say they are pretty cold. ;)

Isn't that funny? If they run cold I wonder why they caution people about the temp? I thought maybe they call it a 'cooler' because of the size. When I was initially told it was a cooler I was picturing a Coleman-type ice chest, so I'm very happy these are electric!

Alex2kMommy said:
Isn't that funny? If they run cold I wonder why they caution people about the temp? I thought maybe they call it a 'cooler' because of the size. When I was initially told it was a cooler I was picturing a Coleman-type ice chest, so I'm very happy these are electric!

That could be it. They are pretty small.

I remember this question came up a few months ago. The fridge is small but keeps "regular" fridge temperature. Each time I have stayed, the fridge didn't have the little pocket freezer like many of the small ones have. Somebody here said they had a fridge with the small freezer (perfect for freezing water bottles).

We stayed at DLH last month....our COOLER was barely room temp. The knob would not turn to adj the temp, it did not keep our juice cold at all. We ended up putting the ice bucket in the cooler with our drinks shoved down inthe ice.

Princess Tink said:
We stayed at DLH last month....our COOLER was barely room temp. The knob would not turn to adj the temp, it did not keep our juice cold at all. We ended up putting the ice bucket in the cooler with our drinks shoved down inthe ice.
Now that would not make me happy. I guess Alex2kMommy is correct, there's a lot of conflicting information out there. Personally, in the 10+ times I've stayed at DLH, I've never had a problem with the fridge not being cold enough.

According to the Disneyland website all rooms have a refrigerator
but ofcourse some may not work. I have never stayed at the DLH but if I feel confident that they have working fridges. I asked the front desk when I made my reservations a few weeks back and told her that I need a room with a fridge and a small freezer for medicince She said that is not a problem all rooms have a small refridge with a small freezer area.

I have to have the freezer area for medication that I have to store for Son so I hope she was not lying to me but I am not worried.

I read on the website, too, that there was a fridge in every room. But then I heard from another source that there was not. So I called the DLH in February for the bottom line answer. I was told there was a 'cooler' in every room, not a refrigerator. (Again, I was picturing a Coleman-type ice chest, and was very disappointed.) Others told me there WAS a fridge in every room, so I just didn't know what to think. Note: Some information on the website seemed out of date, and I chalked up the 'fridge in every room' reference to that.

I recently called DLH (mainly because I wanted to ask for a specific room layout), and again asked about the fridge. I was again told that the room would have a 'cooler', and I asked if it was cold enough to store milk overnight. She then said that it was an electric cooler, so would definitely be cold enough, but if we wanted it colder, we could put a container of ice inside the unit.

So now I'm confident there will be a small refrigeration device in our room! And I will be checking the temperature of it as soon as we get in there! If it's not working, as it sounds in Princess Tink's experience, I'll talk to the front desk.

TIP: I don't know why it's like pulling teeth to get a straight answer on stuff like this, but definitely have your list of questions and concerns ready when you call. They will answer a question you pose, perhaps not fully and completely, so be prepared to voice your concerns or issues to get more information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter