Disneyland Hotel Questions

handyl03

Mouseketeer
Coming to stay at the Disneyland Hotel this weekend for my daughter's 16th birthday. I have a few questions. Thanks in advance for any information you can provide!

If you check in early in the morning does that help to get you in to your room any earlier then the standard 3pm check in time? Can you request early check in?

How late does room service deliver in the evening or is it 24 hours?

Is AMC one of the included cable channels at The hotel? The Walking Dead starts Sunday and my son was hoping to watch it.

Anyone have experience with a picky teen ordering from the kids menu at Club 33? Not expecting to pay kids price just want to know that an extremely picky friend of my daughter will have something to eat. Just one out of our party of 9.

As for the room and checking in early, I think it depends if anything is available. The last time we stayed at the DLH, we arrived at about 10am and did not get our room until 4pm, actually a little after. We tried to get a room but they said none were available. We ended up in DTD for a few hours, then hung around the lobby for a few more, just waiting and waiting. We went to the desk several times to check, but kept getting the same answer. :(

We have checked in early but not given our room # until around 4:00pm that day. We checked our luggage in at bell services and went to the parks. They asked if we needed pool access as they would gladly give us access. We are doing the same thing this December as we will arrive around 10am. I will be prepared for a day in the parks and just check our luggage again. It will worked out perfectly for us because around then we will want our room to freshen up and dress for dinner at Goofy's Kitchen.

I shouldn’t think you will have a. Issue with a teen ordering off the kids menu - they will likely make it a bigger serving and charge more if anything. It isn’t like a character or event meal (e.g Fantasmic dining) where once they hit 10 that are charged adult prices.

Coming to stay at the Disneyland Hotel this weekend for my daughter's 16th birthday. I have a few questions. Thanks in advance for any information you can provide!

If you check in early in the morning does that help to get you in to your room any earlier then the standard 3pm check in time? Can you request early check in?
You can request, however, if someone was in the room you are being assigned the night before, they have til 11 (and sometimes til 1p) to check out, then housekeeping has to clean the room to turn it over. The earliest I have gotten into a room when it was being used the night before at the DLH has been 2pm. I have been able to check in at 8am once and gotten my room because no one had been in it the night before.

How late does room service deliver in the evening or is it 24 hours?
I believe it is midnight.

Is AMC one of the included cable channels at The hotel? The Walking Dead starts Sunday and my son was hoping to watch it.
I believe it is. You can call the hotel and check.

Anyone have experience with a picky teen ordering from the kids menu at Club 33? Not expecting to pay kids price just want to know that an extremely picky friend of my daughter will have something to eat. Just one out of our party of 9.
You should be able to do this. In addition, since the adult meal is 4-5 courses, the teen can also alternate between a course on the kids menu and courses on the adult menu. You may find the teen does like some of the adult stuff if it is explained. (Also, the adult desserts are MUCH better.) Here is a kids menu:

FIRST COURSE choose one
Farmhouse Tomato Soup with mini grilled cheese sandwich
Green Salad with trail mix and choice of dressing, buttermilk ranch or house vinaigrette
Seasonal Yogurt Parfait layered with fresh berries

SECOND COURSE choose one
Bellflower Semolina Pasta simply buttered, marinara sauce, or cheese sauce
Southern Shrimp Boil with poached potatoes and sautéed green beans
Roasted Chicken Breast with sautéed green beans, rice pilaf, and fruit skewer
Petit Filet of Beef with sautéed green beans, rice pilaf, and fruit skewer
Mini Angus Beef Burgers with chips and house-made pickles

THIRD COURSE choose one
Cookies & Cream traditional Mickey cookie with strawberry ice cream
French Beignets with a trio of dipping sauces: chocolate, caramel, and vanilla

Lunch menu

APPETIZERS
Eggplant Roulade, Sun Gold Essence, Basil Pistou
Smoked Maple Leaf Duck Breast, Saint André Mousse, Berries
Wild Blue Crab Cake, Fennel Purée, Arugula Salad
Southern Fried Quail, Almond Couscous, Fig Coulis

SALAD & SOUP
Signature “Lafayette” Garden Salad, Shaved Radish, Cucumbers, Vinaigrette Maison
White Bean Soup, Duck Confit, Tender Kale and Mushroom Foam

ENTRÉES
Chicken Schnitzel , Fingerling Potato, Bacon, Buttermilk Dressing (This is fantastic, and even a picky teen (if they like chicken nuggets) would enjoy. It is like a chicken nugget, but SO MUCH BETTER!!)
Vegetable Tart, Golden Beet Essence, Olive Tapenade
Seared Fish of the Day, Garden Vegetables, Lemon Crème Fraîche
Sautéed Blue Shrimp, Green Lentils, Fennel Sausage, Shrimp Broth
Angus Filet Mignon, Roasted Mushrooms, Taleggio Cream, Poached Onion
“Steak Salad” New York, Iceberg Lettuce, Blue Cheese, Tomatoes, Bacon
Lardons Mountain Lamb Pasta, Hand Crafted Tagliatelle, Preserved Lemon

FINALÉS Laura Chenel Panna Cotta, Seasonal Blackberries
Manjari Chocolate Opera Cake, Coffee, Chantilly Cream, Raspberry Sorbet
Caramel Mousse “Napoleon“ with Almond Brittle and Orange Currant Coulis
Traditional Pear Tart, Vanilla Anglaise, Crème Fraîche Chantilly
Diligently Selected Cheeses, Stone Fruit Mostarda, Pistachio Short Sablée

Room service SUCKS at DLH. I tried twice last trip I was feeling sick. On hold 20 mins before answered, at least 2 hours they said for food. I said screw it and hobbled downstairs to buy snacks from the little grocery mart. Find someplace- anyplace, in DtD that's open late or order pizza. Just don't count on DLH room service!

Wow, sorry you had such a bad experience. I have been placed on hold before, but the wait was short, and then while they said the wait would be an hour, it was delivered in 25 mins. Food was great.
Honestly, I'm glad someone had a good experience! Mine was so bad I end up recommending it be avoided like the plague, someone has gotta balance that out for OP!

Wow, sorry you had such a bad experience. I have been placed on hold before, but the wait was short, and then while they said the wait would be an hour, it was delivered in 25 mins. Food was great.

Ive had both. Have had where they say half hour and its 45 minutes, and have had them say 45 minutes to an hour and it taks 30. Think there are just a lot of variables.

Room service SUCKS at DLH. I tried twice last trip I was feeling sick. On hold 20 mins before answered, at least 2 hours they said for food. I said screw it and hobbled downstairs to buy snacks from the little grocery mart. Find someplace- anyplace, in DtD that's open late or order pizza. Just don't count on DLH room service!

Wow - that does sound really bad. I would not have been happy - you expect better service for the price you are paying to stay there!

We had a great experience there at the end of September. Phone was answered pretty promptly, ordered and was told 40mins which is pretty standard for any room service I've ordered at other similar hotels. The food arrived around 30mins or so later I think. Served very nicely on a almost 'dinner table like' trolley that the waiter wheeled into the room.
Food was really really good - we had Pepperoni Pizza, Buffalo chicken wings etc.. Was really very good.
Only issue was - we were severely jet lagged after flying in that morning after a 24hr journey and I waited too long to order and my son passed out before he could eat : (

Sorry to hear that your experience was not good - very disappointing for you but from our recent experience I can say that it is not always like that.

We checked in at 8am and requested our room as soon as possible. The room was occupied the night before so we were able to get in to one bedroom of the suite as soon as it was clean around 1:45pm. The other half of the suite was finished just before 3pm.

They did have AMC in the channel line up. Disneyland has Direct TV so there is a much bigger channel selection then I remembered. My son was very happy to be able to watch The Walking Dead.

All day room service menu was served until 1am but the room service menu in general is very limited. Dinner menu is served until 10pm.

Club 33 was happy to let anyone in our party - adults included -order from the children’s menu at the adult price of $90. The meal is served as is, no increase in portion size although the pasta that was served was a huge portion. Worth every penny to give the girls an amazing experience for my daughter’s birthday.

We checked in at 8am and requested our room as soon as possible. The room was occupied the night before so we were able to get in to one bedroom of the suite as soon as it was clean around 1:45pm. The other half of the suite was finished just before 3pm.

They did have AMC in the channel line up. Disneyland has Direct TV so there is a much bigger channel selection then I remembered. My son was very happy to be able to watch The Walking Dead.

All day room service menu was served until 1am but the room service menu in general is very limited. Dinner menu is served until 10pm.

Club 33 was happy to let anyone in our party - adults included -order from the children’s menu at the adult price of $90. The meal is served as is, no increase in portion size although the pasta that was served was a huge portion. Worth every penny to give the girls an amazing experience for my daughter’s birthday.

We've had the opposite experience. My friend doesn't like much of what's on the adult menu but they have never let her order off the kids', and she asks every time.

We've had the opposite experience. My friend doesn't like much of what's on the adult menu but they have never let her order off the kids', and she asks every time.
Based on the price quoted above, this may have been quite some time ago. I do know they have allowed younger teens to order off the kid's menu. And I know members are allowed to. I have the question out to someone I know will know the answer, so will report back later.

The response I received regarding adults ordering off the kid's menu is it is allowed in the Lounge, but not in the dining room.

I was the original poster that posted the questions above. We went to Club 33 yesterday for lunch so the price I quoted is accurate. It’s $90 for the adult 4 course menu at lunch, $40 for a kids 3 course menu - not including drinks, soft drinks and Shirley Temples were $4. When we asked about the teens 14-16 ordering from the kids menu we were told that any of us could order from it at the full adult price of $90 and that is what we were charged for the kids meals that were ordered. We were not offered the option to mix and match items between menus, but we didn’t ask about that either. Portions were not increased to adult size for that $90 price either but were more then enough for the teens. The girls were stuffed and had their beignets boxed up to take back to the hotel. The menu posted above by Malcon10t is accurate with the addition of a seasonal pumpkin gnocchi and a pumpkin dessert replacing the panna cotta on the adult menu. My Opera cake also came with a citrus sorbet that was delicious! The chicken schnitzel was very good too, definitely teen friendly. It’s just a tasty fried chicken breast.

I was the original poster that posted the questions above. We went to Club 33 yesterday for lunch so the price I quoted is accurate. It’s $90 for the adult 4 course menu at lunch, $40 for a kids 3 course menu - not including drinks, soft drinks and Shirley Temples were $4. When we asked about the teens 14-16 ordering from the kids menu we were told that any of us could order from it at the full adult price of $90 and that is what we were charged for the kids meals that were ordered. We were not offered the option to mix and match items between menus, but we didn’t ask about that either. Portions were not increased to adult size for that $90 price either but were more then enough for the teens. The girls were stuffed and had their beignets boxed up to take back to the hotel. The menu posted above by Malcon10t is accurate with the addition of a seasonal pumpkin gnocchi and a pumpkin dessert replacing the panna cotta on the adult menu. My Opera cake also came with a citrus sorbet that was delicious! The chicken schnitzel was very good too, definitely teen friendly. It’s just a tasty fried chicken breast.
That's interesting. I wonder if it's a recent change. My friend has always offered to pay full price if she can just have a kid's meal, but she has repeatedly been told no. We're quite beyond teenagers but you were told anyone could do this?

I was specifically told yesterday dining management said no. So perhaps a server just did it.

I was specifically told yesterday dining management said no. So perhaps a server just did it.
Thanks for checking, Malcon10t. Here's a different question for you: I am going to DL for my birthday at the end of Jan. and staying 1 night. I booked DLH, and initially got a premium concierge room. But I'm coming down with my daughter and 1-year-old grandson, so I changed it to a 1-br suite (not junior), with the thought that it might be nicer when he's napping to have a separate room. Do you have any recommendations regarding that setup? I thought I remembered you saying you liked the Frontier tower suites that have balconies, but I don't know if those are the same as what I booked. I also asked about adding concierge and was told it could be put on your reservation that you would like it but it was not guaranteed, and the cost would be an extra $200 at check-in. That seems pretty steep since there are only 2 of us eating/drinking anything, and surprising that you can't get concierge guaranteed on a suite.

I really like the suites in the Frontier tower that have the balconies. Above the 8th floor. The suites on the 14th floor and corner suites have balconies. The balconies are larger than the ones at the Grand, and are nice to sit out on to watch fireworks, or just leave the door open and listen to the waterfall at night.

It is a steep price, don't feel like it is worth it to me.

63439426-6484-4B58-962F-524AFDD18665.jpeg Yes, we were told that any of us could order from the kids menu. Our server asked if anyone else wanted a kids menu after handing them out to the teens. My husband took a kids menu and ordered the roasted chicken because he wasn’t very hungry - he even got this Mickey Bat cookie with strawberry ice cream for dessert! I don’t understand why they would care if you’re willing to pay $90 for a meal that normally costs $40.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter