Disneyland Monorail Track Playset Value

barbiebabe1974

Earning My Ears
I've searched the collectors forum, but can't seem to find a place that states current suggested value for the playsets. (I did find a listing of them all though.)

Going through my son's old toys today and came across a set he'd like to list on eBay. I searched ebay, but can't find a set that's as complete.

It's the Disneyland Monorail Playset Blue line. We have the complete set in the original (but not good condition) box. Minus the figurines and 4 of the doors, we have all pieces.

It still talks by pressing the button on top, and moves (front and reverse) and talks with movement of the switch on side. This is NOT the RC set.

This set has been played with at least 4 sets of grandchildren, my son being the last in line. There's a stamp inside the box saying March X, 2007, so I'm guessing it's at least that old.

Any help on suggesting a value?

I have bought (and passed on) more than a few sets on eBay, asking prices ranged from $25 to OMG. There really does not appear to be any set value, some of the sets I wouldn't even bid on went for higher prices than I expected. It may depend on timing, who is watching at the time and how much they want it (and in that particular color). I know this is not much help but eBay is your best guide to what buyers will actually pay.

If you have a Disneyland blue Mark V it is more rare than the WDW models but as I recall the DL Mark V did not have opening doors.
Best of luck with your sale,

boB

I have bought (and passed on) more than a few sets on eBay, asking prices ranged from $25 to OMG. There really does not appear to be any set value, some of the sets I wouldn't even bid on went for higher prices than I expected. It may depend on timing, who is watching at the time and how much they want it (and in that particular color). I know this is not much help but eBay is your best guide to what buyers will actually pay.

If you have a Disneyland blue Mark V it is more rare than the WDW models but as I recall the DL Mark V did not have opening doors.
Best of luck with your sale,

boB

Thanks for taking the time to reply, Bob. I'm certain this isn't a Mark V set. What does concern me is that I can't find another set like it. Have found very similar, but there's always something different - the doors don't open or the box-front is different. I'll keep an eye out though.
Again, thank you!

If it’s the light blue stripe , 2 car monorail from Disneyland it came in a much smaller box then the WDW models. It is worth far more then the WDW style. Photo could help if you are still interested. I know this is few months old.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!