• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Newbie - HELP!!

julia & nicks mom

<font color=darkorchid>Bad influence on the Tag Fa
I am debating between the AAA or the Costco package

the pricing is the same but each have different benefits and I don't know which one would be more valuable to me

With the AAA package- I would get the unlimited Fast Pass Option - it is my understanding that this means we can get one FP per ride anytime we want - am I right?

With the Costco package - I would get a free character breakfast for each of us and a $20 gift card

everything else appears equal

so my question is - how valuable is the unlimited FP option -

my kids are 2 and 4 and we will be there October 18-22 - so how crowded will it be -

I will get the Breakfast option if the parks won't be so crowded that I will want the unlimited FP option!

Its so hard to know how busy its going to be. Typically Oct is a great time to go. Last year it was HORRIBLE. We went mid Oct expecting low crowds and it was super busy! This year, the 50th should be over by then, and things mellowing. But, who knows!

I would probably go with the AAA package if you are staying onsite. You can purchase the character meal. The two year old would be free, the 4 year old would be $15 or so, and you would be $25 or so. If you have AAA you get a discount (I want to say 10%). Anyway, you can purchase the meal, you cant purchase the enhanced fast pass.

We went in August and December (week before Christmas) when they were busy and with Hydroguys great info. on how to utilize the FP system, we actually never used all our FP'es some days and that was without unlimited (we were off-site) FP'es. I would take the character meal and gift card as I don't think you'll need the other but it's up to you. I would reccomend you search and find Hydroguys report on Ridemax as well as FP collecting he did last year. :thumbsup2 It was the most used info. on our trips down to when FP'es typically ran out at attractions.

I would go for the Character Breakfast personally. It can be so costly, and my son has always loved it! I've gotten the best Character pictures at these breakfasts too!

As far as October, I agree with what someone else said. It really depends. A few years ago we went in October, it was when they were having all the fires down there. Ash was so thick in the air. But it was still crowded! Other times there was barely anyone there. I haven't really found a time of year where I could count on no crowds.
But you can still get fast passes with your regular tickets, I'd go for the breakfast!

We just returned from our first Disneyland trip that we booked through AAA and I highly recommend going through AAA to get the enhanced Fast Pass - we loved it!!

With the enhanced Fast Pass you can get a Fast Pass at each ride that offers Fast Pass at the same time. You can not hold more then one Fast Pass for each ride so you can not get mutilple Fast Passes for Space all at once - your FP ticket will tell you when you can get another FP for that certain ride. We loved being able to FP all the different rides without having to wait though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter