Disneyland Paris Half 2017

Hi - hope someone can help. I'm all signed up for the half marathon but I've not had an email for the registration platform - I'm now worried that the email went into my spam email box and has been deleted. Anyone had their email yet?

Thank you :)

Hi - hope someone can help. I'm all signed up for the half marathon but I've not had an email for the registration platform - I'm now worried that the email went into my spam email box and has been deleted. Anyone had their email yet?

I have not seen anyone say they have received theirs yet.

I was beginning to get a bit concerned about this as I hadn't heard anything so emailed last week and received the following response last night:

Thank you for your email and your interest in the Disneyland® Paris Magic Run Weekend 2017.

You will receive a link by mail in the coming days. This link will give you an access to the online registration platform to finalize your runner’s form.

This year it took us more time to send all runners links as we have set a brand-new registration platform system to improve our guest experience.

Hopefully, we'll received something soon!

Thanks for this! I was really concerned as by this time last year I was all done and dusted with the online registration.

Looking forward to September!

I was beginning to get a bit concerned about this as I hadn't heard anything so emailed last week and received the following response last night:

Thank you for your email and your interest in the Disneyland® Paris Magic Run Weekend 2017.

You will receive a link by mail in the coming days. This link will give you an access to the online registration platform to finalize your runner’s form.

This year it took us more time to send all runners links as we have set a brand-new registration platform system to improve our guest experience.

Hopefully, we'll received something soon!

They have been saying this for months! My travel provider has constantly been saying to me that it "should" be soon. It is ridiculous, I had paid and registered for the Princess Races next February in March this year I think! We aren't that far off and people are having to pay for medical certificates and we have paid out a lot of money and yet there are no registration links this close to the race. I hope the race is better organised than this!

We aren't that far off and people are having to pay for medical certificates and we have paid out a lot of money and yet there are no registration links this close to the race. I hope the race is better organised than this!
We are more than two months away from the races! I do not understand, what's the problem. By booking via a TA you have got your hotel and your BIBs. The medical certificate is a law in France, so that is nothing runDisney can be made responsible for. And you are free to get yours right now. There is no need to wait to get until they publish the registration links. Just download the PDF, go to your local doctor and get it signed.

And btw. last years races were well organized.

We are more than two months away from the races! I do not understand, what's the problem. By booking via a TA you have got your hotel and your BIBs. The medical certificate is a law in France, so that is nothing runDisney can be made responsible for. And you are free to get yours right now. There is no need to wait to get until they publish the registration links. Just download the PDF, go to your local doctor and get it signed.

And btw. last years races were well organized.

Thanks for your response it has made me feel really rubbish. I wws just stating an opinion as I paid out alot at the end of last year and have seen nothing for it since. Also a medical certificate over here costs over £100 which isnt something everyone wants to invest when we have heard nothing from RunDisney France. I was at the races last year and they were better organised than this year.

Thanks for your response it has made me feel really rubbish. I wws just stating an opinion as I paid out alot at the end of last year and have seen nothing for it since. Also a medical certificate over here costs over £100 which isnt something everyone wants to invest when we have heard nothing from RunDisney France. I was at the races last year and they were better organised than this year.

Have to agree Holly, last year we were far better informed, the bib sale was months earlier and better organised and I too am feeling nervous about the organisation of the event itself. Last year the races were really well organised in parts but there was also plenty of room for improvement in my opinion. The medical tent wasn't well equipped and there wasn't anyone there that could speak English when I stopped. The expo was very badly organised, from lack of merchandise to lack and vendors and we spoke to vendors who told us they got confirmation TWO WEEKS before the event that they should attend despite applying months in advance. Please don't feel rubbish, you're entitled to your opinion as is everyone else.

I did other non runDisney races, and I do not get anything else after registration, besides two weeks before the race an E-Mail with all information.

I am sorry for all of those runners, who have to pay so much for that stupid medical certificate. But that is nothing you can blame runDisney for, that is, once again, the french law.

And please, do not feel rubbish, just by reading my opinion on that thing. It is not against you, but I am really getting tired of all those postings (Facebook full of those), complaining that there is no registration link. Most of us survived that damn Bibs Only Sale, booked via TA or directly with DLP. We got the confirmation mail, that our bookings are made. The only thing you need the registration link for is, uploading your medical certificate, entering the both challenges and that's it.

The last thing they are going to do is to cancel the races :)

BTW. what do you get for paying £100 for the medical certificate, just the signature from a doc or do they make some tests, if you are able to run the HM?

Once again, please do not feel rubbish :)

Apparently, the registration link will be sent out "soon" - whatever that means. I have received an email last night with "next steps & practical info". At least the August 1 deadline was moved to August 15, so we'll have two more weeks to upload proof of time and the medical certificate! :)

If I read it right, the recent blog said that a POT is not needed for the DLP half unless you will be under 1:30. Is that correct? Is that how it was last year? I'm surprised because I'm pretty sure that the Princess Half, for example, requires a POT for under 2:45. I know that the Princess half is much bigger, but still . . .

If I read it right, the recent blog said that a POT is not needed for the DLP half unless you will be under 1:30. Is that correct? Is that how it was last year? I'm surprised because I'm pretty sure that the Princess Half, for example, requires a POT for under 2:45. I know that the Princess half is much bigger, but still . . .

That's correct. For Paris, they basically only require POT if you think you'll be in Corral A. Everyone else is corralled based on the time estimate you provide.

I don't like complaining, complaints, complainers, etc., which of course is my apologetic lead-in to this complaint.

The e-mail runDisney Paris sent July 7 about sending the invitation to register "soon" is not clear. The events will have a large number of English speaking participants, the organizers very welcoming to us, and we love them. But the communication should be edited, at least as a last step, by a native English speaker. Some of the e-mail is good, but key pieces are fuzzy, specifically the "log in" and "fill out your runners form" instruction. I hope the final invitation (a) arrives soon; and (b) is clearer!!! Otherwise, the forum will have to come to the rescue as we all painstakingly figure this out together. I'm picturing hours to do what normally takes 5 minutes. Hope I'm wrong!!!

I don't like complaining, complaints, complainers, etc., which of course is my apologetic lead-in to this complaint.

The e-mail runDisney Paris sent July 7 about sending the invitation to register "soon" is not clear. The events will have a large number of English speaking participants, the organizers very welcoming to us, and we love them. But the communication should be edited, at least as a last step, by a native English speaker. Some of the e-mail is good, but key pieces are fuzzy, specifically the "log in" and "fill out your runners form" instruction. I hope the final invitation (a) arrives soon; and (b) is clearer!!! Otherwise, the forum will have to come to the rescue as we all painstakingly figure this out together. I'm picturing hours to do what normally takes 5 minutes. Hope I'm wrong!!!

It was a similar situation last year. Instead of taking the normal 5 minutes, it took maybe 7.

Rumors said, Mails with Links to complete your registration are send out by runDisney France right now. Check your spamfolder, just in case.

Source: Random Person on Facebook

Ah and maybe we got a first photo from this years merchandise, ...
20139709_657307337792635_5044220535210711642_n.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!