Disneyland Paris in 2 Days July 2017

jaspocti

Earning My Ears
Hi to anyone is reading. This is my first time posting which is a bit intimidating but here goes.
I live in the Bahamas, married, no children. Visit Disney in Florida once a year and went to Disneyland California for the first time in February. I visited Disneyland Paris in July 2017 with my husband and we had a great time mostly. I am going to write a mini report on the details. I hope it would be helpful.

Hi to anyone is reading. This is my first time posting which is a bit intimidating but here goes.
I live in the Bahamas, married, no children. Visit Disney in Florida once a year and went to Disneyland California for the first time in February. I visited Disneyland Paris in July 2017 with my husband and we had a great time mostly. I am going to write a mini report on the details. I hope it would be helpful.

Thank you for posting!! I'm just starting to plan for a few days in August 2018! Looking forward to your reports!

I'll be following with interest. My husband and I will be there for 3 days in September after our London/Paris ABD trip. We're WDW veterans and have also been to DL CA several times. We're really looking forward to seeing DL Paris!

Hi again,

So...apologies for not having any pictures in this summary/report. I'm having issues with that. Anyway here is the report. Hope it is helpful for anyone who will visit in the future.

My husband and I spent five days in Paris-3 days in Paris and 2 (1.75)days at Disneyland Paris.

After 3 days in Paris, we took the EasyGo Shuttle from our hotel in Paris -Hotel Europe St. Severin for a 40 minute drive to HiPark Serris Hotel. The morning ride was pleasant, the driver was punctual and professional. We were very tired from walking most of Paris so we slept some of the ride. Once we arrived we settled into the hotel.

The HiPark Seris was a nice enough hotel. I stayed at NewPort in 2007 and really enjoyed that but it was out of budget with our 2 weeks in Europe. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. The bathroom had dispensers and was sufficient. There was also a kitchenette with a microwave, dishwasher, fridge and stovetop. Perfect for leftovers or keeping cool drinks. We didn’t stay long in the room but left in about 30 minutes.

We misunderstood the shuttle schedule and missed the next shuttle but we walked from our hotel to the park-there seemed to be some construction so it was a little weird felt like we were going through the back entrance. The walk was about 20 minutes and I can assure you we walk really slowly so maybe 15 minutes for other people.

Regardless, it was an interesting introduction to the Park. We stopped at Five Guys had two burgers and shared a fries. We wanted to watch a movie but there was no English subtitled movies showing for the next 2 days.

We entered the park through the arches and it truly is gorgeous-some nice guys took our picture for us and it’s funny because I’m always wearing the same shirt to Disney lol. I will try to find these pictures. It was a little chilly but we headed inside bought 2 day park hopper tickets and entered the Walt Disney Studios Park. My husband didn’t want to but the hopper but I insisted because I wanted to see the castle show in Disneyland Park the first night and not the night before we left. I definitely did not want to be out late the night before returning to England.

We had been looking forward to this for a long time and were super excited!

First place we headed was the Ratatouille ride which had some very nice details and I really enjoyed that only some parts through my vertigo off-I wonder if it will be exactly the same when this is put in EPCOT. We explored a little bit to figure out what we wanted to do. I think this attraction is a must do but not work more than a 30 minute wait.

I can’t really do anything with loud noises-I’m just not a boom bang person and I do not like fireworks.

Next we saw the Toy Story land-awesome theming-didn’t go on any of those ride due to my motion sickness sensitivity-is it just me or does Disneyland Paris have more warnings for their rides-especially for pregnant women. It seemed like most things were not for pregnant women. I am a super scary person so if you say not for pregnant I’m probably not going on it.

Now I understand why I should have taken notes to keep things in order but we did the following:

· Studio Tram Tour-this was enjoyable the vehicle didn’t move at Catastrophe Canyon but that fire was HOTTTT wow. My husband had never done this and really liked it.

· We saw Moteurs…Action. Stunt Show Spectacular-they did an awesome job using French and English at the same time I speak both those languages so I’m not sure how my husband felt about it understanding only the English aspect. This was awesome for us because I love learning about behind the scenes and my husband and I both love cars-well watching them anyway. There were some loud noises and fire but bearable for sure.

· We then had ice cream and watched the end part of the Storm Troopers but it was the French version so my husband wasn’t too keen but Storm Troopers always look great in real life.

· After this we wanted to watch Art of Disney Animation-where they had the most adorable Cast Member doing Donald Duck impersonations in French. The children were enamoured. We were looking forward to sitting down-went inside and watched the pre-show. Once we sat in the theatre the show started and we could hear the music but nothing was on the screen. So the Cast Members tried it again and it still didn’t work. Our Donald impersonator then promptly asked us to leave in French and no one moved. It was hilarious I’m sure French speakers were in there I guess we all wanted to see the show. After he said it about three times in French and English, people finally started to get up. We went back later and it still wasn’t open. So sad. We exited and went to Toon Studios-the section where you play with animation features/gadgets and saw some guests drawing Pluto. This seemed a fun place for young kids.

· Lastly for the studios we saw Mickey and the Magician-we enjoyed this so much but were very obedient and took no photos. The show was cute and reminded us a little bit of Disney Cruise shows in a good way. The cast was enthusiastic they could sing and dance well. If I remember correctly the English was interspersed with French or vice versa. I can for sure say though that everything they say is not translated but the point got across sufficiently. This is also a must do apparently it’s new-we just happened upon it.

We left the Studios and took the train to the mall just to have a look around. Huge mall no time to explore all of it but it was interesting. Everyone was having a sale. After awhile we headed back to the park to see the Dreams show.

When we exited the metro to walk back to Disneyland Parc it was raining heavily. We didn’t have umbrellas but we went in the World of Disney and bought an umbrella for 40euros that I ended up having to leave in New York L because Jetblue wouldn’t take it when I was coming back to Nassau. Virgin Atlantic took it though that’s how it ended up in New York.

I digress. It was raining so everything was wet. People were leaving in droves. I mean droves and droves of people were leaving. So many people left I thought the park was closed. There was some lightning and light thunder but nothing too serious because the park was still open-YAY. No one was at the turnstiles and we went inside. Explored a bit. It’s interesting the rain though because our first visit to DisneyWorld as a couple it poured and feet froze. I wonder if it will rain when we make it to California as a couple.

While waiting for Dreams we went on Buzz Lightyear; which was definitely showing wear and tear big time. The ride was great though better than Magic Kingdom because you move the lasers. I don’t remember our scores but we had fun and left to find a spot for the show. This was fairly easy since all those people had left and it was still raining-my shoes were soaked.

The show was amazingly beautiful and worth it. I am still in awe of it even if it’s a fading memory. The music was inspiring and it makes me excited for the Happily Ever After show in Florida that I will hopefully see at Christmas time.

We left the park afterwards and took the shuttle to HiPark Serris-which was absolutely stuffed and even though this shuttle picks you up right outside the hotel it does not drop you there. Once you’re dropped off there is an approximate 3 minute walk to get back to the hotel. We went to bed exhausted.

Day 2

Disneyland Parc

We didn’t rush to get there early because it was still rainy and the park actually wasn’t too crowded until the sun came out in the afternoon. We took the shuttle and had some breakfast somewhere- I don’t remember but I didn’t really eat my salmon on a baguette L. It was wet everywhere so we were all vying for inside seating. We should have just eaten at Casey’s Corner but I was trying to be different….salmon in the morning is no better than hot dogs in the morning. We walked around a bit and had serious déjà vu at Casey’s Corner. I can’t remember exactly what happened but I walked turned around and the location looked just like Florida for the most part. I seriously thought I had been transported to Florida somehow. It was weird. Anyway we did some shopping and I loved the setups they had in the stores so I took some photos of family photos and such. I bought a Mickey ice cube tray and mugs as always. This would have been better if we stayed onsite and had our purchases sent to our hotel.

We went to Alice’s Labryinth and had fun exploring I think more adults were in there than kids-haha. HyperSpace Mountain looked intriguing but you could hear the people screaming and people screaming shrills means I’m not going. We got a fastpass for Peter Pan and my husband went on the Star Tours-the Adventure Continues while I went on Les Mystères du Nautilus and explored the Discovery Arcade.

We tried to get more than one FastPass at a time but you cannot do this at this park. Only one FastPass available at a time. The paper tickets was cool but I still love having Magic Bands for everything.

We ate lunch at Mr. Toads-I do remember the fish and chips were delicious but I couldn’t finish it and the picture of Mr. Toad kept changing in the room we were sitting so I enjoyed that while waiting for my husband to bring the food.

We also went on Snow White, Pinocchio and Peter Pan. I can say after being on 3 versions of Peter Pan-California and Paris have the better versions I think – my opinion. The version in Florida is not bad by any means but there is a noticeable difference in length of the ride, quality of the scenes and overall feel of being transported.

We walked through Sleeping Beauty’s Castle and the Dragon’s lair-wow that is something special. Don’t miss it.

Then we watched the parade but waited much too late to find a spot-it was impossible to see anything without hindrance and this parade has some rare characters so that was too bad. The choreography seemed especially good in my opinion and the dragon was great too-but it did not breathe fire….. I was waiting for the fire but none came. Florida has spoiled me.

We further explored Adventure Land including les Passages d’Aladdin and enjoyed this quaint walk-through attraction.

We were ready to eat again and this time we ate at Planet Hollywood. This was showing wear and tear but the food was delicious. I had some noodles with chicken and shrimp. After this we were done with the Park. The only attraction I missed was Pirates of the Caribbean because it was closed and for food Agrabah Café because you needed reservations-I didn’t bother with any reservations for this short trip so sorry we missed out on that but maybe we’ll go back in 10 years or when the Olympics are in Paris. It looked like a great place to eat but pricey.

To finish the day we went shopping-not to the mall this time but to the Outlet Shopping area. We both found some things we needed. It was nice shopping but once again it started raining and I will endure rain for a Disney Park but not for shopping-haha. We had dinner-burgers haha and then left to pack for our departure the next day.

The next morning Easygo shuttle came for us promptly drove us to Gare du Nord where we took the Eurostar to London for the next part of our holiday. The trip both times was 70 euros so 140 euros total but worth it for us because we don’t like hassling luggage on our journeys. My husband actually despises luggage. Many people advised we just take the Metro into Paris to get back to Gare du Nord-but no we took a chance with EasyGo and it was worth it.

Overall this was an amazing two days albeit a bit tiring and the rain did dampen the moments a bit but what better than rain to lessen crowds. We did sacrifice time in another part of France to visit the parks and maybe next time the trip will be longer I don’t know. I would recommend minimum 2 days to any Disney fan.

We didn’t have any long lines except for Autopia whose line consistently stayed at 40 minutes or more so we missed it. The meet and greets always had long lines (minimum 40 minutes) those 2 days. Lots of children were waiting to meet the characters and we don’t like meeting characters too much so we didn’t bother with it. Too bad we wasted the Park Hopper the 2nd day but the castle show was worth it. We obviously visited during the 25th Anniversary celebration but this park seemed like some spots still need some refurbishment. They are definitely working on this.

Also staying onsite has benefits for extra magic hours but our hotel was nice enough. Mostly families were there and the kitchenette would be extremely beneficial. Five minutes from the hotel is a bakery and the mall with lots of food options.

Despite these positives our first choice for offsite was Hotel Val d’Europe; which was not available. This hotel is closer to the shopping and food but further from the parks. I should mention HiPark Serris did not have good internet reception on any of the days. It was free but dismal and I witnessed a guest complaining in the lobby but the staff member just said when many people are on it’s slow….sooo that was one negative-we had to use data instead.

Sidenote-I didn’t see a forum for this but in London we saw Aladdin at the West End. This show was amazing! I have no words for how spectacular this was and totally worth the £90 each. We had sensible seats even though 2 rows back were better and this couple in front of me was cuddling but this show was awesome – the sets, the music, the acting and the singing. Not to be missed if you enjoy this type of entertainment and have time to do it in London.

Any questions feel free to message me as I’m sure I did not include every miniscule detail. Next time I’ll take notes.

Thank you for sharing your trip report - it sounds like you got loads done in your two days!

It's a shame you didn't get to see the fire from the dragon in the parade, they always seem to switch this off when it's raining/rained.

Thank you for the review of Aladdin as well, I've been wanting to go for a while now so will have to pull my finger out and get it booked up!

Welcome to the forum :welcome: and thank you for sharing your trip with us. Sounds like you had a great time although a shame about having to leave your expensive umbrella behind. :(

Agree with you re Aladdin - we saw it last year and it was amazing.

About Aladdin, have you ever seen the musical at DCA? Is it an expanded version of that or completely different?

About Aladdin, have you ever seen the musical at DCA? Is it an expanded version of that or completely different?
Sorry no I haven't seen it in DCA sadly when I went I was with a school group of teenagers...that did not interest the,. The Aladdin I'm talking about was a segment in the show I saw.

Thank you for sharing your trip report - it sounds like you got loads done in your two days!

It's a shame you didn't get to see the fire from the dragon in the parade, they always seem to switch this off when it's raining/rained.

Thank you for the review of Aladdin as well, I've been wanting to go for a while now so will have to pull my finger out and get it booked up!
Thanks for reading !

Thank you for the wonderful report! I am in the very beginning stages of planning a DLP trip, and don't really know where to begin. Your report is tremendously helpful. Thank you!

Thank you for the wonderful report! I am in the very beginning stages of planning a DLP trip, and don't really know where to begin. Your report is tremendously helpful. Thank you!
Glad it's helpful! If I did it again I would probably stay onsite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!