Disneyland Paris over Easter/at all

MusicalAstronaut

DIS Veteran
DH & I will be in Paris/Orleans for a week in April for our anniversary. It also happens to be the week of Easter. We fly in April 6 and go home the 14th. I think (I've never been to France) that we will not want to be in Paris over Easter weekend, and it'll probably be better to do the one day DH is giving me for Disneyland Paris earlier in the week. I assume Easter Sunday/Monday will be a madhouse?

That being said, I'm strongly considering skipping Disneyland Paris altogether. I know it's a hard question to ask on the DisBoards, but if it was your first time in France and you had 7 full days, do you think it's worth the time to spend a day here, or should I save it for another time? I don't know when I would return but I'm also sort of terrified of "wasting" a day at a Disney park when I could be drinking my way through the Champagne Region or walking through Versailles. If it was up to DH we'd definitely skip it, whereas I'm a Disney World AP, so there's no way for us to weigh the pros & cons because he doesn't like Disney. Help! :confused::earsboy::disrocks:

I have no idea about Easter week, but I'm leaving next weekend for a London/Paris week long trip and am planning at least 1/2 day at Disneyland Paris. Helps my travel companion has never been to a Disney park and is working on her bucket list. :)

Yes, it will be busy as all of Europe has a holiday at the same time.
But no, it's not a deadly sin to skip DLP. It's about what you want, if you prefer to go to the Champagne region that's just fine. If you think you'll be happier there, and your DH would prefer it as well, then just go sip champagne :)
Keep it on your bucketlist for a next visit.

I recommend skipping DLP. It is interesting, but not magical. Wait times will be very, very long, so without a purchased fast pass card (extra cost), you will not get on many rides. Plus the food is dismal.

Consider that many smaller cities, towns and villages will have processions for Palm Friday, Easter Sunday and/or Easter Monday, so you will see some culture you would never see in the USA (I assume you are from there). Ask your concierge or renter when and where they are..it is often at night.

Have fun!

I have no idea about Easter week, but I'm leaving next weekend for a London/Paris week long trip and am planning at least 1/2 day at Disneyland Paris. Helps my travel companion has never been to a Disney park and is working on her bucket list. :)
Oooo have fun! I'd love to hear what you think of DLP. :)

Yes, it will be busy as all of Europe has a holiday at the same time.
But no, it's not a deadly sin to skip DLP. It's about what you want, if you prefer to go to the Champagne region that's just fine. If you think you'll be happier there, and your DH would prefer it as well, then just go sip champagne :)
Keep it on your bucketlist for a next visit.
I know there's no way to avoid Easter crowds, but I got such a steal on the flight that I had to book it! I think for Easter Sunday/Monday I'll book us something like a river lunch cruise so we at least have things scheduled to do and we (hopefully) won't be waiting in long lines to eat or drink anywhere. Good to hear it's not crazy to skip it, even as a Disney lover. :) Thanks!

I recommend skipping DLP. It is interesting, but not magical. Wait times will be very, very long, so without a purchased fast pass card (extra cost), you will not get on many rides. Plus the food is dismal.

Consider that many smaller cities, towns and villages will have processions for Palm Friday, Easter Sunday and/or Easter Monday, so you will see some culture you would never see in the USA (I assume you are from there). Ask your concierge or renter when and where they are..it is often at night.

Have fun!
That's good to know about DLP, and a really good point about seeing something unique in France that we wouldn't normally see! I'll see what I can find, thank you!

Our anniversary is around the same as yours, and we went to DLP on our honeymoon in 2004- (in addition to Paris & London). We were there for Easter - we weren't sure what was going to be open in Paris for the holiday and we knew that the park would be open so we figured that would be our best bet. It was our first time there and thought it was busy but still manageable.

We spent a week in France- we started by driving out to Etretat (thank you, Impressions de France!) and spent a night in Normandy, then to Versailles, then 3 days at DLP and 3 days in Paris before heading to London.

Crowd-wise, we've since gone to WDW over 4th of July when it's super-busy, and it was the same- busy but still manageable. We've just started planning our 3rd trip to DLP for April again, but after Easter.
IMO, if you want to go, you should go, if you think it's a "once in a lifetime" trip.

We were in DLP for 4 days over Easter this year and the crowds were intense but I think the only time I felt like they weren't manageable was during/after the parade. With that said, I think the park is still worth visiting. I think it's the most beautiful out of all the parks during this time with all the floral in bloom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!