Disneyland Paris Trip

fairydancerJ

Earning My Ears
My son and I went to Disneyland Paris for our first time back in March. We live in California and go to Disneyland and Disney World a lot. As DVC members I used points to stay at Newport Bay and Sequoia Lodge. Then paid for two nights at Hotel Cheyenne. Sequoia Lodge was definitely our favorite. We loved the woodsy vibe like Grand Cal or Wilderness Lodge. On DLP website they make it seem Newport is a shorts walk but we found Sequoia to be. Newport was very nice just not our vibe. We did really enjoy Hotel Cheyenne too as they have a Starbucks on site and very good BBQ food. All these resorts offer bus services to the park. But we walked every time. The longest walk was maybe 10-15min (we walk fast tho) from Hotel Cheyenne.

Newport Bay and Sequoia Lodge have inside pools. They are both beautiful. Sequoia Lodge hot tub was not very warm in my opinion. But what I did like is they have people sign up for a time frame in the hot tub. So the hot tub is never over crowded.

As for the parks… yes they are small but we loved them. The Thunder Mountain ride is the best there! I also really enjoy how most of the line wait times were no longer than 45 minutes. So we never had to purchase the priority lane or fast pass or lightening lane (however you want to call it) Maybe we just got lucky. The weather was also beautiful. I was worried about it being too cold in March but it was perfect weather and only rained twice.

The DLP drone and firework show is THE BEST! Definitely worth getting a good spot early for. We got in the front of the castle about 1 hour before the show started.

Disney Village is small but they do have some shops and food. My son was happy they had a Mc Donald’s there lol.

We did enjoy the food at Cowboy Cookout and the Remy Restaurant at the parks. But the beignets I did not like at all. Popcorn wasn’t that good either. Just the fun snacks that we have out in the US is not the same.

One thing we really loved is how calm we felt the whole time in the park. It was just a relaxing feeling we had the whole time. The characters were amazing and all the shows were done so good. I really loved the performances.

We did go to the city of Paris. One day we booked Magic Ways to do a tour. It’s who DLP recommends. They are great. They take you to where you need to go and pick you up. It made it easy from the Disney resort and back. The communication with the company is also very good. Anytime I called or had questions they were able to help. I wasn’t able to get my confirmation email at first but they were great in helping me and insuring me that we were booked. I would definitely recommend Magic Ways.

All in all we had an amazing trip and would definitely go back in a few years. We did 9 days total in France. And if people are wondering… I would definitely recommend staying at Hotel Cheyenne for the price. The rooms are cute and the customer service there was great. It is cheaper then Newport and Sequoia Lodge but still a great place to stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter