DisneyLand Paris

cabmom

DIS Cast Member<br><font color="blue">The Tag Fair
Hi everyone, I'm hoping to make a day trip or overnight trip while I'm in London to Disneyland Paris. Have any of you been before? My friend who lives in London has been before and isn't very keen on going back for just a day. I've read different people's opinions on it. Anyone with first hand experience here?
Thanks, Marilynn

I have been to DLP (1997, 2002). For any Disney fan planning to be in Paris for a few days I would certainly recommend going. As for a day trip or overnight trip from London I'm not sure what is involved vis-a-vis transportation and accommodation so it's hard to advise.

The park is wonderful and there are many variations from WDW that are worth seeing. The new park (the Studios) is pretty missable.

I would be interested to know your plans for going. Where would you stay for instance? How would you get there?

I'm hoping to take the Eurostar over and back in the same day. It looks to be about 150pds to do this, plus the cost of the park ticket. However, we might do this as an overnight trip. I keep telling myself I can't go all the way to London and not go there. However, finances always get in the way!:rolleyes:

How long is the train ride? Does it go directly to DLP or do you have to switch in Paris?

Try to see: Pirates (this is my favourite version), the dragon under the castle, Space (with its upward launch), Phantom Manor (a wild west version of Haunted Mansion), Big Thunder (on an island), and Adventure Isle (sort of like Tom Sawyer with bridges and a Pirate theme). Small World is different as well.

Also, check out the inside of Colonel Hathi's with its lovely murals and decor.

Eurostar goes directly to DLP. You can get a train that stops in Lille. It takes 3 almost 4 hrs each way.
I'll keep those rides in mind. Do you know of any sites that I can look at for info on DLP?

We did it in 2002 but we spent 4 nights in Paris and then 2 nights at DLP. Flew into Paris and did the Eurostar to London. Eurostar is nothing special but it gets you there in great time. Eurostar at DLP is a 2 minute walk from park entrance and Disneyland Paris hotel (we stayed there with DVC points). If you can stay there it would save time. I would try to do an overnight so you can see it all, after all when will you be in Paris again?
Wayne covered most of the rides but the Stunt show at the Studios is by far Disneys best. Also Rock 'n rollercoaster is there but its the same as Florida.
I think there might be a DLP forum on these boards as well. Or a UK visitors board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter