Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

Random bit of speculation, probably better in one of the DVC threads, but ... Hawaii will be allowing visitors to come to the islands without a quarantine with a negative test on October 15. Totally possible that Aulani may open then. Wonder if Disney might be hoping to open the last two resorts at the same time?

lol that Hawaii reopening date has been flakier than a box of biscuits :rolleyes2

In the "Best Life and Beyond" YouTube video from yesterday they actually spotted Josh d'maro in DCA - actually waved to him and called to him by name. Walk-through to reopen? Sure looked like it.

Maybe the walk-through to reopen like eat and shop but no rides at Knotts. It would be nice if it does happen.

Maybe the walk-through to reopen like eat and shop but no rides at Knotts. It would be nice if it does happen.
My guess is that they would have done something like this by now. My second guess is that they wouldn't reopen without the rides. It just wouldn't have that same Disney magic if you know what I mean.

I was away for a few hours and even though I had checked my app (and it was updated) before I had to leave. I just looked again and they are BACK!
Thank you all so much and I am so grateful I didn't have to call IT!!!
Great news!

No, that's SNL.
I keep waiting for SNL to do a skit on "soon"... It sort of feels like we're living in an endless skit with this now. When does Dennis Miller say, "And we are out of here!"?

Heads up: This is from the Flex Pass Superthread on the main board --
My bf just called them to choose the option to extend our passes, and the rep told him they aren't doing that anymore. Is this happening to anyone else?
So I did speak with a different cast member this time, and she also said they've recently stopped doing the extension on the APs. She said once the parks reopens, we will have the chance to renew at the ticket booth and any grandfathered benefits will also be restored if you have them. I guess I gotta wait then 🤷🏽‍♂️
Has anyone else heard about this or experienced this?

Unless I'm misunderstanding the original posts, on June 10th when Disneyland originally announced they were reopening on July 17th they paused all renewals/extending of AP's here is there official statement:
  • New Ticket Sales: At this time, we are also temporarily pausing new ticket sales and Annual Passport sales and renewals. Additional details will be provided soon.
When I recently called to move my Hotel reservations back another month or two the Cast Member was glad to hear we had purchased our tickets/had our annual passes prior to the pause in sells because she said once the reservation system goes live we will want to be ready. And of course they currently aren't sure when sell/renewals will resume.

Unless I'm misunderstanding the original posts, on June 10th when Disneyland originally announced they were reopening on July 17th they paused all renewals/extending of AP's here is there official statement:
  • New Ticket Sales: At this time, we are also temporarily pausing new ticket sales and Annual Passport sales and renewals. Additional details will be provided soon.
When I recently called to move my Hotel reservations back another month or two the Cast Member was glad to hear we had purchased our tickets/had our annual passes prior to the pause in sells because she said once the reservation system goes live we will want to be ready. And of course they currently aren't sure when sell/renewals will resume.
I don't think those posts are referring to sales/renewals, but to the extension option that was given to APs -- they could choose A) partial refund and no extension of their expiration date OR B) no refund and an extension of their expiration date for the unblocked days that the parks were closed. That poster said that they called today to request the extension, and the CM said that Disney is no longer offering that option. No announcement was made about that to my knowledge. And it affects a lot of people whose passes expired during the closure, but who haven't yet called to choose the extension.

I vaguely remember people mentioning that there was an unofficial deadline to choose an option. Mainly heard this on threads on Facebook. A date was never given, but many people were saying CM's reported that it's better to choose sooner rather than later...so not sure if they stopped.

Maybe the OP could try calling again to see if they get a different CM and try to do it.

With regard to this, I went to DTD this evening, and there appears to be new signage at the ticket/ lost and found booth with the metal queue reinstalled telling members to call certain numbers with additional questions with regard to certain tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter