Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

I vaguely remember people mentioning that there was an unofficial deadline to choose an option. Mainly heard this on threads on Facebook. A date was never given, but many people were saying CM's reported that it's better to choose sooner rather than later...so not sure if they stopped.

Maybe the OP could try calling again to see if they get a different CM and try to do it.
The OP did call twice, so they heard this from two different CMs. It's just weird because the "unofficial" deadline was before the July 17th reopening date. But when that got cancelled, the "deadline" sort of fell by the wayside and was never officially rescheduled. Inside the Magic just published an article about current AP options for DLR, and the CM did not tell them anything about an upcoming deadline to make a choice. So if anyone else out there has heard this same news recently from the CMs on the phone lines, please post your story!

There is also a new sign at the security scanning area that has outlines about rules at the THEME PARKS. I’m pretty sure this is new, but maybe not. I’d try and attach the photo I took and confirm, but honestly, I’m not sure how to on this website because I’m new 😂

There is also a new sign at the security scanning area that has outlines about rules at the THEME PARKS. I’m pretty sure this is new, but maybe not. I’d try and attach the photo I took and confirm, but honestly, I’m not sure how to on this website because I’m new 😂
You click attach files. Then upload from your phone or computer

c400127dc6e995568deab066f325ada2.jpg

My spirit animal today.
779.jpg

I mentioned this in the Knotts thread. Their hotel is open and they are now advertising room package deals for Taste of Falloween. A DIS member mentioned the hotel was available during Taste of Knotts, but I don't recall them advertising it back then.

Clearly, there must be something Knotts is following to do these gradual re-openings. C'mon, Disney! Staycations are in😉 (but maybe not at $400+ a night)😅

Well. This probably means nothing. But this call came in tonight (very late). Number didn't show it was the LQ in Costa Mesa until after I told my phone to screen the call or I would have answered out of pure curiosity. They hung up before Google Assistant got through the first couple words. No one likes talking to Georgia :sad:

This is one of the hotels I stay at for DLR, but I'm not scheduled to stay until NYE. So why are they calling me at almost 11:30pm in September?! :rotfl:

I laugh, but I had a momentary panic they were calling to tell me they're closed the rest of the year and I'll have to pay triple to stay at the Anaheim location. Then I remembered the time and figured they might have missdialed. But now I'm anxious about my end of the year hotel stay :rotfl2:

Well. This probably means nothing. But this call came in tonight (very late). Number didn't show it was the LQ in Costa Mesa until after I told my phone to screen the call or I would have answered out of pure curiosity. They hung up before Google Assistant got through the first couple words. No one likes talking to Georgia :sad:

View attachment 526882
View attachment 526883

This is one of the hotels I stay at for DLR, but I'm not scheduled to stay until NYE. So why are they calling me at almost 11:30pm in September?! :rotfl:

I laugh, but I had a momentary panic they were calling to tell me they're closed the rest of the year and I'll have to pay triple to stay at the Anaheim location. Then I remembered the time and figured they might have missdialed. But now I'm anxious about my end of the year hotel stay :rotfl2:
I got a voicemail from the BW where I am booked for October 7. They want to know what my vacation plans are.

I don't blame them for being anxious... but they also have to know there is no way I'm going to drop all that money to stay in a BW and do nothing. Obviously I won't go if DL isn't open (or if I cannot get parks reservations).

My sis and I have a reservation at DLH in Dec. She didn't purchase her tickets at the time we booked and waited too late to buy them. Assuming the parks are open then, will she still be able to get tickets for our trip through the hotel since we're staying on site?

My sis and I have a reservation at DLH in Dec. She didn't purchase her tickets at the time we booked and waited too late to buy them. Assuming the parks are open then, will she still be able to get tickets for our trip through the hotel since we're staying on site?

Assuming that things are similar to WDW right now then yes she should be able to buy park tickets. Especially since she is staying on property.

Unknown.

WDW had enough availability in the end but there were numerous people in your boat watching reservations get made before they were able to buy tickets for themselves despite staying onsite.

New video from Fresh Baked indicates in addition to being seen in DCA on Thursday, Josh D'Amaro was seen in the Esplanade Friday and was rumored to be filming something in DCA also...

Also has good coverage of the Thursday O.C. press conference, if you haven't seen any.

Last edited by a moderator:

I’m the same boat with my daughter. She wasn’t going to be able to go when we were scheduled for May but might go in November (if it’s open). We have three tickets already and are staying at GCH so I’m hoping we’ll be able to acquire a ticket for her too...

I’ll take the day shift tomorrow and pickup where you leave off ;-).
If you get a chance to speak with Abby or any CMs familiar with the current AP situation, please ask about the weirdness posted above (#5276ff). It is really odd that two separate phone CMs told the same person that it is no longer possible to choose an extension or a partial refund -- and there was never any official announcement and the app/website still shows the old information.

I just got the call the move our hotel dates AGAIN. I think this is the 7th time. Ugh.
So I booked for Halloween at a ridiculously higher rate. We will see what happens.
I got that call as well. This time I just cancelled. I already have a trip booked for Nov (Dapper Day) and one for Dec which is an annual thing with my sister. It's so frustrating, isn't it?! This was supposed to have been a special trip with my friend, but she doesn't want to keep trying, she wants to wait a while until the parks have reopened and things have settled in.

I got that call as well. This time I just cancelled. I already have a trip booked for Nov (Dapper Day) and one for Dec which is an annual thing with my sister. It's so frustrating, isn't it?! This was supposed to have been a special trip with my friend, but she doesn't want to keep trying, she wants to wait a while until the parks have reopened and things have settled in.
I'm sorry that your special trip got cancelled. :( Fingers crossed that when you do get to reschedule, everything will be really magical for you and your friend!

New video from Fresh Baked indicates in addition to being seen in DCA on Thursday, Josh D'Amaro was seen in the Esplanade Friday and was rumored to be filming something in DCA also...

Also has good coverage of the Thursday O.C. press conference, if you haven't seen any.

I was there last night and saw Josh D’Amaro behind the gates of DCA walking with someone else towards Carthay Circle.

We came into DTD from the Harbor side. We were the only ones entering from there. There were four plaids standing by the mask vending machine and one asked if it was our first time to DTD since it reopened. We said, “yes” and so she walked with us all the way to security while giving tips on how to best enjoy DTD and get store wait times. She was really sweet, I wish I looked closer at her name tag.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter