Disneyland Tours

Califgirl

A girl can dream
We'll be heading to Disneyland this weekend (Sun, Mon, Tues, actually) to celebrate DH's birthday. We'll have lots of time to see and do everything regardless of the crowds, so I haven't bothered to do any planning. We have AP's and go several times a year, so I never worry about getting it 'all' done.

However, DH asked me this weekend, "What are we going to do at Disneyland? What's new?" Uh, well we haven't seen Buzz yet, and of course the Parade and fireworks are new. We were just there in December, and DH really enjoyed the special Christmas tour. We haven't been on any of the other tours. Would those of you that have, help me choose an appropriate tour?

We're two adults and these are the tours available:

The ‘Red Carpet Experience’ includes:
Two attractions during the tour
Two free FASTPASS attractions to enjoy after the tour
Lanyard and 2 trading pins
VIP viewing for Disney’s ‘Aladdin - A Musical Spectacular’
Something ‘sweet’ at “Marceline’s” in Downtown Disney

A Walk in Walt’s Footsteps’ tour includes:
Private visit to Disney’s first Audio-Animatronics show, Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room.
Passage on the Disneyland Railroad
Private lunch on the patio of the Disney Gallery (multiple menu items to chose from)
Collectable trading pin

Discover the Magic Tour’
During this special 3-hour Disney experience, kids and kids at heart follow musical clues on a scavenger hunt. While solving mysteries in pursuit of hidden treasure, you learn how to outsmart Disney villains, what to do if you meet a Disney Princess and you save the day by helping Mickey Mouse. A helpful guide leads your tour, and Disney Characters join in the fun. Many of the activities on this tour take place on Tom Sawyer's Island. The tour includes lunch in Rancho del Zocolo in Frontierland.

Discover the Magic tour might be too juvenile ... but any first hand experiences or opinions would help. We might just skip a tour, but I know DH would probably enjoy one. Please let me know your experiences!

Thanks!

Enjoy life and great vacations!
Chris

I've never been on the Discover The Magic tour at DL, but I have done it at WDW. If it is the same tour it really is a tour for younger kids. There is also the new 50th Anniversary tour. It sounds really neat. I'm looking forward to taking it when we go next month.

I haven't been on any of the tours, but could you tell me about the
Christmas tour? Thinking about surprising Grandma and Aunt in December with one. :confused3

I've been on the Christmas tour twice. Once a year for the past two years. They were different each year, but they both included rides on the Haunted Mansion (revised for the nightmare before Christmas) and It's a Small World (decorated for Christmas). They also took you through each land and explained the decoration themes for each. At the end there was refreshments and special viewing for the parade which followed within @ 15 mins.

I haven't heard of the 50th anniversary tour. Can you tell me about that? It wasn't on any website that I have seen. Could it be the Red Carpet tour revamped? Thanks for the heads-up that something like that might be available!

Chris

I just recently booked my tour, and asked to have my travel agent book the "
Red Carpet" tour, well it turns out that, that tour is not being offered at the moment *or ever?* and now its the "Welcome to Disneyland" tour in place of. :flower: It sounds exactly like the description of the Red Carpet tour, it costs 25$. :goodvibes

Califgirl said:
I haven't heard of the 50th anniversary tour. Can you tell me about that? It wasn't on any website that I have seen. Could it be the Red Carpet tour revamped? Thanks for the heads-up that something like that might be available!

Discover the Magic tour is recommended for ages 5-9. Here is info on the 50th Anniv tour:

Tickets for Disneyland's new 50th Anniversary guided tour went on sale on 27 April.
The tour lasts 3-1/2 hours, and is $55 per person (2 and under is free). There are four tours a day, and each tour can accomodate up to 16 guests. Depending on the time of day, the tour includes the following elements:

The first tour has:
* "Priority Boarding" for five attractions
* Tour pin
* An illustrated replica of an A-E ticket book
* Commemorative photo
* Snack

The Second & Third Tours have:
* "Priority Boarding" for three attractions
* Tour pin
* Commemorative photo
* Snack
* Preferred seating to view the Parade of Dreams

The fourth tour has:
* "Priority Boarding" for three attractions
* Tour pin
* Commemorative photo
* Snack
* Preferred seating to view the Remember... Dreams Come True fireworks

:wizard:

What are the chances of being able to book a tour the same day or the day before you want to take it? We will be there June 16-23. I am going to book the 50th tour before we leave, but I may want to take the Walt and/or the Red Carpet tours also. I don't get to CA much so I'm trying to pack it all in one trip. Thanks much!! :teeth:

We did the Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour at the beginning of this month. It was very nice and worth the money. If you have AAA, you get a discount. It cost us $38.00 per person with AAA. Lots of information on the beginning of the park and Walt (& family). Our tour guide was Dee and she was very good. The lunch was in fronterland (where the horseshoe review used to be) and we watched Billy Hill & the Hillbillies from the balcony. There was a nice selection (I think 7 or 8 choices) for lunch and what we had was good. We figured that if we had bought lunch seperately it would have cost about $15. I am going to send my mother on it next time we go since we enjoyed it so much.

Thank you for all the replies!

I booked the 50th anniversary tour with the Fireworks seating. I hadn't even heard of this tour before so a big thank you to these boards, especially FanofStitch and zukeeper.
I may also book the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour, but if we decide to do that, I'll try to add it while we are there. I don't want to over structure the trip. (that makes some of you Disney super-planners shudder, doesn't it? )

Thanks again to all of you!

Chris

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter