Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

I would be thrilled if someone wants to start a new thread. And yes, most of these “resorts mega threads” are DISer initiated/maintained and usually takes someone with a passion/knowledge of a specific resort to volunteer.

I make the case that these larger threads don’t need the endless opening content like threads did 10-20 years ago before social media/abundant Disney content everywhere online. Years ago people would document every little nook and cranny of every aspect of a resort (because there really weren’t that many other resources out there), but that level of detail is less relevant these days (in my opinion), not to mention it’s pretty hard to maintain.

If anyone would like to volunteer feel free to PM me. TY!

Does Movies have any rooms that are Shower only (no tub) that are not considered Accessibility rooms? I know that Pop has a some like that and was wondering.

You are welcome.

And a cool thing about the Food Courts at the All-Stars is that access to the Beverage Islands(for Mugs) and the Microwaves and Toasters is available 24/7.
Oh wow! I didn’t realize the beverage stations are always open, that’s very helpful to know, thanks!

Does Movies have any rooms that are Shower only (no tub) that are not considered Accessibility rooms? I know that Pop has a some like that and was wondering.
Asking again, in case anyone knows. I'm working on my room request for an upcoming trip. If "no-tub / just shower" is not an option, there is no sense in me asking for it. I'd rather not request a handicap room just to get the shower-only configuration. Plus it appears that all handicap rooms having a connecting room (which I definitely do not want) to keep the noise level down.

Asking again, in case anyone knows. I'm working on my room request for an upcoming trip. If "no-tub / just shower" is not an option, there is no sense in me asking for it. I'd rather not request a handicap room just to get the shower-only configuration. Plus it appears that all handicap rooms having a connecting room (which I definitely do not want) to keep the noise level down.
there are no regular rooms that have just a shower. We always request backside of building so not facing pools or the center courtyard areas and have always had quiet rooms. most rooms have that connecting door, but again no issue with noise. The deluxe resorts for us and lots of dvc have noisier by far

Actually POP has a 24 hr station as well, it’s outside beside the Petals bar. I’m not sure about AOA though.
Yes,definitely should have mentioned the Petals Station is now 24/7(as wells as the AoA Station at The Drop Off).

I will say that I am not sure how often it is serviced-we have found it out of ice on several occasions.

And,of course,no Coffee/Tea/Hot Chocolate or access to Microwave/Toaster.

But still a nice option for overnight at POP.

1702830570966.png

Yes,definitely should have mentioned the Petals Station is now 24/7(as wells as the AoA Station at The Drop Off).

I will say that I am not sure how often it is serviced-we have found it out of ice on several occasions.

And,of course,no Coffee/Tea/Hot Chocolate or access to Microwave/Toaster.

But still a nice option for overnight at POP.

View attachment 818270

POP is our go to and has been since 2006, it was nice when they opened it about a year or so ago to be 24 hrs.

I was just looking back a few pages and it says the Fantasia pool will be closed Jan 2024-April 2024. However on the disneyworld site it says it is closed Jan. 2025- April 2025? Is the Fantasia pool closed this year or next? Will be switching if it’s closed in April.

I was just looking back a few pages and it says the Fantasia pool will be closed Jan 2024-April 2024. However on the disneyworld site it says it is closed Jan. 2025- April 2025? Is the Fantasia pool closed this year or next? Will be switching if it’s closed in April.
I can take a look, I'll be there on Saturday. I'll report backnif nobody is there now.

January 2025 through April 2025 are the correct dates according to multiple CMs at Movies.

Hi everyone 👋 I don't normally frequent these threads, but I have some information that I thought might be useful for people planning trips.

We are currently setting up a room block for our wedding this time next year, and I was planning to include ASMu as one of our options (thinking that should be safer from a large sporting group perspective), but have been advised that NONE of the All Stars will be available for our room block due to hotel buyouts for a large sporting event. This will be from 2/6 through 2/9. Not sure if this will impact availability for people booking individually, but if availability does become a problem, that would be why!

We are looking to go end of April to the beginning of May. Looks like there will be a cheer competition and dance competition. How crowded/noisy will the resort be? Will these competitions effect the crowds in the parks?

We are looking to go end of April to the beginning of May. Looks like there will be a cheer competition and dance competition. How crowded/noisy will the resort be? Will these competitions effect the crowds in the parks?
The official Resorts listed for both Cheerleading and Dance Worlds and The Summit are:

Coronado Springs
All-Star Sports
All-Star Music

I think it is entirely 'possible" a few groups could be at All-Star Movies as well,but the greatest concentration "should" be at Sports and Music.

If you do end up with a lot of groups at Movies,the Pools can be crowded with them at times,they will be practicing in the area by Love Bug most likely,the Food Court will becrowded with them at times,etc.

They can be loud and "excited".

After all they are Cheerleaders.lol

But,again,you may have very few groups at Movies if any at all.

As for the Parks,you will see them some,but much of their day is practice and competitions,so you will not see large numbers of them in the parks until the teams begin to be eliminated form their competitions.

Just zig when they zag and go with the flow.

If you do happen to find large numbers at Movies and it really bothers you,talk to the Front Desk,some Guests have had success in requesting to be moved to a non Cheer Resort.

No guarantees of course.

We stayed at CSR during a similar competition. While there TONS of kids there, they were all very well behaved. I was impressed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!