Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

We are staying at Movies for one night at the start of our trip. I'm requesting Mighty Ducks, my son is a huge fan. If that's where we are placed, are we better off distance wise going to All Star Music for breakfast and then buses for the parks? Thanks!

We are staying at Movies for one night at the start of our trip. I'm requesting Mighty Ducks, my son is a huge fan. If that's where we are placed, are we better off distance wise going to All Star Music for breakfast and then buses for the parks? Thanks!
Yeah, it is a closer walk to lobby at All Star Music. http://**************.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Food-Court-Options-Disneys-All-Star-Movies-Resort-from-**************.net_.jpg

Very helpful info. Thanks! DD is a huge 101 Dalmatians fan. We have a preferred room booked here for our upcoming trip (December). Is there a way to request that we stay in the 101 Dalmatians building if possible?

Very helpful info. Thanks! DD is a huge 101 Dalmatians fan. We have a preferred room booked here for our upcoming trip (December). Is there a way to request that we stay in the 101 Dalmatians building if possible?

Yes. Call the Main Reservations line, give the phone CM your confirmation number, tell the phone CM you would like to add a room request of "101 Dalmatians please". This can be done any time from the day you book up until 4-5 day prior to your arrival. When within that time frame makes no difference. Hope you have a magical trip!

Will bell services deliver to the room 24 hours? I am arriving after 10pm and would like to have them bring my Garden Grocer order to my room that night. Thanks! Getting closer to my birthday trip!

Can anyone tell me how deep the pools are at All Star Movies? Do the 2 larger pools have a shallow area for little ones? Anyone have a picture of the "kiddie" pool? Checking for my 3 year old grandson for our trip in November, so excited!

Can anyone tell me how deep the pools are at All Star Movies? Do the 2 larger pools have a shallow area for little ones? Anyone have a picture of the "kiddie" pool? Checking for my 3 year old grandson for our trip in November, so excited!

I took a nighttime picture. There was a fountain area where my son is standing and a picture of part of the kiddie pool.Resized_20170630_215255.jpeg

Staying at All Star Movies (and any all star resort) for the first time! Is it really that much difference from moderate other than dining options? Any advice or things to know?

Staying at All Star Movies (and any all star resort) for the first time! Is it really that much difference from moderate other than dining options? Any advice or things to know?

Yup.. All stars is the oldest, has the most groups. loudest, and craziest. Can be fine, but it is not a mod that is for sure. Can be 100% worth it for your budget and/or if you are not spending much time at the resort and just using it to crash at night.

but don't expect mod quality at any all stars.

Yup.. All stars is the oldest, has the most groups. loudest, and craziest. Can be fine, but it is not a mod that is for sure. Can be 100% worth it for your budget and/or if you are not spending much time at the resort and just using it to crash at night.

but don't expect mod quality at any all stars.
Good to know. That's kind of what I figured. Mostly just using it due to low budget and a place to crash. Thanks!

I have always stayed at moderates until my last few trips. I stayed at Pop and then All star sports because we really just needed to save money. Honestly, I liked the values just as well. The resorts are smaller, so the walk from standard rooms is quite manageable. There is only one bus stop, so your not driving all around the resort to pick up other guests. The food courts are comparable. We don't spend a lot of time at the resort so I now feel like the moderates really aren't worth the extra money. Hopefully you won't mind the values either.

I love All Star Movies because of the characters outside of the buildings & themed rooms! I'm a big kid like that.

Regardless of what others say, there isn't a single "moderate" Disney resort. They're all different in their own ways, but I'd say the resorts all exceed moderate, personally.

I was wondering how to travel to other resorts to make my dinner reservations.

It depends on where you are going. Are you are traveling to your reservation from one of the parks or from your resort?

If it's from your resort, then sometimes you may have to take a bus to the nearest park and then transfer to the resort. If you give us specific examples, I bet we could help you

You can take a bus to a nearby park and then transfer to another bus. (Or if you're dining at an MK resort, take the monorail or walk if it's at CR.) There's also Uber, Lyft or a taxi.

You can take a bus to a nearby park and then transfer to another bus. (Or if you're dining at an MK resort, take the monorail or walk if it's at CR.) There's also Uber, Lyft or a taxi.
Thanks! I thought about walking, but was not sure if there is a sidewalk.

Thanks! I thought about walking, but was not sure if there is a sidewalk.

Just to be clear, I'm saying that you can walk from the MK to the CR, not that you can walk from All Star Movies to another resort. (Well, you can walk to the other All Star resorts, but since none of them have sit-down restaurants, I'm assuming that you weren't looking for how to get to them.)

Has anybody stayed at All-Star Movies during a hurricane? It looks like I'm going to be there when Irma possibly hits and I was just wondering how the resort handled it, especially during Matthew last year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter