Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

@KELLY - We stayed at All Star Movies last week. We'd booked a preferred room too, and they had us set up with a non-renovated room. We asked upon check-in whether our assigned room was renovated or not. We immediately asked for a renovated room. We were told that the room wasn't ready yet (it was 1PM). We were fine with that. 90 mins later we got the txt message that our renovated preferred room was ready. We ended up in a renovated room in the Fantasia building.

There’s a thread with all of the info but the finished sections are toy story and love bug. Fantasia has one building done
@KELLY - We stayed at All Star Movies last week. We'd booked a preferred room too, and they had us set up with a non-renovated room. We asked upon check-in whether our assigned room was renovated or not. We immediately asked for a renovated room. We were told that the room wasn't ready yet (it was 1PM). We were fine with that. 90 mins later we got the txt message that our renovated preferred room was ready. We ended up in a renovated room in the Fantasia building.

Thanks we are going in August it is just me and my youngest. Just a quick 6 day trip since our big Disney trip is a two week Disney cruise a few weeks later. Trying to go cheaper since it is just the two of us!! We always have a blast when we go together she is a great Disney partner. My husband and older dd prefer the cruise line.

Just booked Movies for the first time for 15 nights in Oct/Nov! We loved the refurbished rooms at Pop so I'm requesting Toy Story section in hopes of getting a refurbished room.

Has anyone had luck requesting and getting a microwave at Movies?

You can put in for a request. Mainly they are there for medical needs, so if it is a medical need be sure to note that. There are only a few as far as I know.

Hi everyone,
I'm planning to visit WDW 11/30-12/9. This is my first visit to WDW and I'll be going solo.

How is the bus situation at All Star resorts? I read that sometimes buses are shared between the 3 AS resorts. Because of this, I was going to book All Star Sports (standard room). But, because of Pop Warner week, my TA suggests to book All Star Movies (preferred room; standard room is sold out).
How far is it to walk to All Star Sports bus stop?

Hi everyone,
I'm planning to visit WDW 11/30-12/9. This is my first visit to WDW and I'll be going solo.

How is the bus situation at All Star resorts?

We have always had great service at all 3 All Stars.

I read that sometimes buses are shared between the 3 AS resorts.

Very rare that they do. And if they do, it's during the middle of the day when there are only a handful of guests. Out of 45 nights total across all 3 All Stars, we have been on a shared bus 4 times. All 4 times there were maybe 5-6 other people on the bus.

Because of this, I was going to book All Star Sports (standard room).

Sports is our favorite of the 3, but just because of the theme as we're a sports loving family.

But, because of Pop Warner week, my TA suggests to book All Star Movies (preferred room; standard room is sold out).

We've been at Sports 3 times during Pop Warner and have zero issues. So I would pick whichever resort theme you would like best as they're all very similar in everything else.

From where?

Very rare that they do. And if they do, it's during the middle of the day when there are only a handful of guests. Out of 45 nights total across all 3 All Stars, we have been on a shared bus 4 times. All 4 times there were maybe 5-6 other people on the bus.

We've been at Sports 3 times during Pop Warner and have zero issues. So I would pick whichever resort theme you would like best as they're all very similar in everything else.

Hi dansdad, thank you for sharing your experience.
I'm very glad to hear this.

From where?
From All Star Movies preferred building (hopefully I can get Toy Story)

About 6-7 minutes. Is there a specific reason you'd be walking between them?

Only 7 minutes? That's very near! I thought the distance would be farther.
I read somewhere that when bus is shared between the 3 AS hotels, Sports would get 1st stop, and Movies last, so someone suggested to walk to Sports.
But it seems I worried for nothing.

Only 7 minutes? That's very near! I thought the distance would be farther.
I read somewhere that when bus is shared between the 3 AS hotels, Sports would get 1st stop, and Movies last, so someone suggested to walk to Sports.
But it seems I worried for nothing.

Oh, even on the rare occasion that they share there's no way I would walk over to Sports just to get on a bus that will be right there at my own resort 2 minutes later. It's not like you won't get a seat. Like I said, they only share during the very slow parts of the day when the bus wouldn't be filled even when picking up at all 3.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

How is the bus situation at All Star resorts? I read that sometimes buses are shared between the 3 AS resorts. Because of this, I was going to book All Star Sports (standard room). But, because of Pop Warner week, my TA suggests to book All Star Movies (preferred room; standard room is sold out).

It would be a long walk to sports from movies.

We've stayed multiple times at each resort, even during Pop Warner. We never had an issue with busses during Pop Warner, but the food court at resorts where they stayed was a different story!!

It would be a long walk to sports from movies.

We've stayed multiple times at each resort, even during Pop Warner. We never had an issue with busses during Pop Warner, but the food court at resorts where they stayed was a different story!!

Thank you lovethattink.
I just saw that the 3 AS resorts are side by side. I thought they were like a triangle. I don't think I'd want to walk to Sports from Movies.

Glad to hear that bus won't be a problem.
I've decided to go with Movies because of the refurbished room.

I've decided to go with Movies because of the refurbished room.

They paused the refurbishment after completing 50% of the rooms. There have been no reports of them starting back up yet nor when they will. Depending on when they start back up, you should be good for December. But keep an eye on the progress and if they're not completed, I would make "refurbished room" my only request.

They paused the refurbishment after completing 50% of the rooms. There have been no reports of them starting back up yet nor when they will. Depending on when they start back up, you should be good for December. But keep an eye on the progress and if they're not completed, I would make "refurbished room" my only request.

Oh, I didn't realize that they paused the work.
Thank you for the tip! :)

I think the refurbishment may start again soon. I'm currently staying on the back of the Broadway building in ASMu and there are tons of storage containers and equipment back there. If I see anything before I leave Sunday I will update again.

I think the refurbishment may start again soon. I'm currently staying on the back of the Broadway building in ASMu and there are tons of storage containers and equipment back there. If I see anything before I leave Sunday I will update again.
This made my heart flutter a little bit! We have a family suite booked in November & I'm really hoping that renovations are done by then, but I'm not holding my breath. Fingers crossed!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts