Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

Heading for our 3rd ASMo visit. We never had an issue with the bus on any of our trips there. We DID have issues at WL in 2014. But good to hear you had a great experience.

Too Funny! Exactly! Last June I had a split stay at AS sports, and WL. 0 bus problems when we stayed at all stars, horrible busing to Hollywood studios and Epcot from WL. I think they run more buses to the all stars all the time so you can easily catch one. And we just stuck with the one for our all Star. WL to Epcot and HS felt like there was maybe one bus running back and forth and if you didn't catch it, expect to wait a half an hour.

I’ve looked up the menu for the pool bar on a few different sites and get different information. Basically, some sites say the pool bar here serves the standard Disney cocktail list plus a few extras. Some other sites don’t mention the standard drink menu here. I’m just trying to figure out if I can get a pinacolava or a bahama mama.

I’ve looked up the menu for the pool bar on a few different sites and get different information. Basically, some sites say the pool bar here serves the standard Disney cocktail list plus a few extras. Some other sites don’t mention the standard drink menu here. I’m just trying to figure out if I can get a pinacolava or a bahama mama.

Yes and yes.

I just switched my August trip from POP to Movies (preferred) and my only request will be a renovated room. Since skyliner won't be open in time for our trip, and a friend of my son's is staying at Movies, I thought this was a good time to try out the All Stars. I know the value resorts have moved to the big refillable bottle of shampoo and body wash, I assume it's just shampoo or a two-in-one and no conditioner? Trying to determine what to pack. And keep it a small list if possible :)

I believe I can get a 1/2 gallon of milk and a case of water in the gift shop, rather than the food court like at POP. Is that accurate? We'll bring some cereal for early mornings (or kiddo's before bed snack) and I don't want to order stuff just for some extra water bottles.

I just switched my August trip from POP to Movies (preferred) and my only request will be a renovated room. Since skyliner won't be open in time for our trip, and a friend of my son's is staying at Movies, I thought this was a good time to try out the All Stars. I know the value resorts have moved to the big refillable bottle of shampoo and body wash, I assume it's just shampoo or a two-in-one and no conditioner? Trying to determine what to pack. And keep it a small list if possible :)

I believe I can get a 1/2 gallon of milk and a case of water in the gift shop, rather than the food court like at POP. Is that accurate? We'll bring some cereal for early mornings (or kiddo's before bed snack) and I don't want to order stuff just for some extra water bottles.
You do get both, there are 3 bottles: shampoo, conditioner, and body wash.

Doing a quick two night family trip and plan on swimming one day with our girls.

I'm curious which resort Sports or Movies has a better kiddie pool area for a 2 year old. Its only $40 difference to stay at Movies over Sports. I know we could walk to any All Star pool but that doesn't sound fun with a little one. :teeth:

Does anyone know what happened to Sorcerer Mickey at the main pool? He's missing!

Does anyone know what Disney All-Star Movie Resort room Buildings are finished with refurbishment?

I didn't find much searching the DISboards, but I did see a couple of web sites mention that...

"Once renovations at All-Star Movies are finished, All-Star Music will be next, followed by All-Star Sports. Currently, work is entirely finished on buildings 6-10 at All-Star Movies and buildings 3 & 4 are underway. Buildings 1 & 2 have not yet started. "

But I think this info might be a couple of months old.

Any updates?

No they don’t. You can book just one night there if you want
Great! Thank you. I was very disappointed with POP and their 3 day minimum stay. We stayed at Movies for a few days over Thanksgiving and really enjoyed ourselves. Why pay for POP when the new rooms are the same!

Great! Thank you. I was very disappointed with POP and their 3 day minimum stay. We stayed at Movies for a few days over Thanksgiving and really enjoyed ourselves. Why pay for POP when the new rooms are the same!
Were you booking directly through Disney? Sometimes a certain package or special offer requires a minimum number of nights

I need to book a one day room prior to my package starting and was going to book Pop for the queen bed but looked at All Star Movies and saw that they are now offering Queen beds. Is this fairly recently? I am thinking that Pop might be worth it for the Skyliner but its a $30 difference and we won't even be in the room for 12 hours. Any recommendations?

Directly through Disney. I tried online and the only time I could book was if I had 3 days or more. I called directly and was told that Pop now has a minimum 3 day stay. I made the reservation for 3 days then cancelled two. Will not continue to do that as I don't think it's right but I already had plane tickets and just needed one night. All Stars was sold out.

I need to book a one day room prior to my package starting and was going to book Pop for the queen bed but looked at All Star Movies and saw that they are now offering Queen beds. Is this fairly recently? I am thinking that Pop might be worth it for the Skyliner but its a $30 difference and we won't even be in the room for 12 hours. Any recommendations?
Yes very recently, as in it’s not even done yet. See post 1.

Personally I’d keep the $30 and stay at All Star Movies. If I were going to DHS or Epcot that day I’d consider Pop, but I’d probably still prefer to keep the $30.

Yes very recently, as in it’s not even done yet. See post 1.

Personally I’d keep the $30 and stay at All Star Movies. If I were going to DHS or Epcot that day I’d consider Pop, but I’d probably still prefer to keep the $30.

We are moving over to YC so that's where I am thinking it would be easy to move over there from Pop but very curious on how AS will be with the new bed. I am worried though because it is Football and Cheer week so figure it will be packed with kids at the values.

We are moving over to YC so that's where I am thinking it would be easy to move over there from Pop but very curious on how AS will be with the new bed. I am worried though because it is Football and Cheer week so figure it will be packed with kids at the values.
I'd love to know if you are able to book the one night at POP since I was told there's a 3 night minimum.

Directly through Disney. I tried online and the only time I could book was if I had 3 days or more. I called directly and was told that Pop now has a minimum 3 day stay. I made the reservation for 3 days then cancelled two. Will not continue to do that as I don't think it's right but I already had plane tickets and just needed one night. All Stars was sold out.
That doesn’t make any sense. I just looked last night and was able to have a one night stay at pop for dates in November and December

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!