Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

That doesn’t make any sense. I just looked last night and was able to have a one night stay at pop for dates in November and December
No it doesn't but that is what happened. Reservations CM couldn't even cancel the two days for me. It had to be sent over to Guest Services to update. It wasn't updated for two days. Never had that happen before as I always do one or two days at Pop prior to moving over to DVC. Been doing it for years. Maybe it was for October, I don't know. What I do know is I was told the only way to make the ressie for one day was to make it for 3 and cancel 2. Doesn't matter at this point as we will be staying at Movies going forward if it's available.

No it doesn't but that is what happened. Reservations CM couldn't even cancel the two days for me. It had to be sent over to Guest Services to update. It wasn't updated for two days. Never had that happen before as I always do one or two days at Pop prior to moving over to DVC. Been doing it for years. Maybe it was for October, I don't know. What I do know is I was told the only way to make the ressie for one day was to make it for 3 and cancel 2. Doesn't matter at this point as we will be staying at Movies going forward if it's available.
Huh that’s just really strange to me. I hope that isn’t a new policy because we like to do split stays and often won’t stay more than 2-3 nights there

Huh that’s just really strange to me. I hope that isn’t a new policy because we like to do split stays and often won’t stay more than 2-3 nights there
I just checked and it won't let me book my October date, but lets me book if I stay 3 days or longer. I also checked my May dates and it let me book 1 day. Doesn't make sense!

I have been trying to book Movies for 3/13-3/21 ever since packages were released and it hasn't ever been available for those dates, even on the day the packages were released for next year. Anyone know why this might be? I've been watching but we're quickly approaching our 180 day mark and I want to at least book somewhere before then.

I have been trying to book Movies for 3/13-3/21 ever since packages were released and it hasn't ever been available for those dates, even on the day the packages were released for next year. Anyone know why this might be? I've been watching but we're quickly approaching our 180 day mark and I want to at least book somewhere before then.
It looks fully booked that first weekend. Probably something at Wide World of Sports or another group. You can book 499 days in advance even if packages haven’t been released yet if you call, a group may have done just that and booked the whole thing.

But also you might want to try to book by phone or travel agent if you haven’t tried that already. Sometimes all availability doesn’t show online.

Can you use any cup to get water at the refillable drink area on the food court? This is our first time without the dining plan & we just drink water. How do bouncebacks work? We're staying at ASMo 7/20 & will be coming back 7/21 or 8/21. Thank you!

Hey ASMo fans!

Part of split stay for our longest trip ever, I am going back to the Movies for the first time since my first trip in 2005! I'm sure our three boys will love it!

Now, is that correct that the beverage station for refillable mugs are open 24/7? How about the access to a microwave? That would be super useful for us as we are travelling with young kids who like their milk hot!

Thanks in advance

We could not get a reservation for 2 days, had to make it 3 (October 10-13). I had to call to cancel, CM could NOT cancel the one day either and sent it "somewhere else." Within about 3-4 hours we had our 2 nights at ASM. If I hadn't happened to read this thread I never would have tried it! First time at All-Stars for a kid free/Food and Wine/Hubby's B-Day trip!

First time staying at All Star Movies next week. How big is the resort in terms of walking from the bus stop. We're in a preferred room and getting in around midnight and I'm a little concerned about having to drag our luggage across the resort, like we had to at SSR, after an exhausting day of travel.

First time staying at All Star Movies next week. How big is the resort in terms of walking from the bus stop. We're in a preferred room and getting in around midnight and I'm a little concerned about having to drag our luggage across the resort, like we had to at SSR, after an exhausting day of travel.
It is probably 30% of size of SSR and in a preferred room you won’t be but a 4-5 minute walk from the bus stop, perhaps closer if you are lucky.

Anyone know what time the food court stops serving breakfast? What time do they start serving lunch? Trying to do a late as possible breakfast one morning.

I’ve really tried searching because I know this info is somewhere already, but I just can’t find it.

Is the room refurb completely done? All rooms? For our January dates, there’s only preferred rooms at movies, but standard rooms at Sports and Music. Location does not matter to us, so we never pay extra for preferred, but I AM willing to pay the little bit of extra money if it guarantees a refurbed room at Movies. Thanks!

I’ve really tried searching because I know this info is somewhere already, but I just can’t find it.

Is the room refurb completely done? All rooms? For our January dates, there’s only preferred rooms at movies, but standard rooms at Sports and Music. Location does not matter to us, so we never pay extra for preferred, but I AM willing to pay the little bit of extra money if it guarantees a refurbed room at Movies. Thanks!
Here’s the thread with the current information: https://www.disboards.com/threads/all-star-movies-renovations.3670184/

There are only two buildings left and I would assume those would be done before January (hopefully way before). You shouldn’t have any trouble getting a renovated room

Let's go PSU! Can't wait for this weekend!!!!

Has anyone ever had any luck requesting a specific building and a specific side of a building? I'd love to stay in building #3, on the back side facing the parking lot and ASMu. I stayed there last time and it was PERFECT! So quiet and loved being able to walk across the street and take the buses at Music. Not sure how specific I should be though, since I don't want to ruin my chances.

Has anyone ever had any luck requesting a specific building and a specific side of a building? I'd love to stay in building #3, on the back side facing the parking lot and ASMu. I stayed there last time and it was PERFECT! So quiet and loved being able to walk across the street and take the buses at Music. Not sure how specific I should be though, since I don't want to ruin my chances.

Oh yeah, if you check in through the my disney experience app, you can select an area to stay. We requested Dalmatians last year and this year we requested Toy Story :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!