Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Information & Questions

is there a update on when all star music start the refurbishments

No. It will start once they are done at Movies. They paused the work on Movies over the holidays and there hasn't been an update yet on whether they started back up or when it will.

Can anyone weigh in on the comfort of the fold-out beds in the family suites? The murphy bed at Pop was great, but the pictures of the family suites make the mattresses on the fold-outs look pretty flimsy.

Has anyone used Uber/Lyft from MCO to ASMusic? Considering grabbing an Uber/Lyft instead of renting a car for the week. Trying to decide if it's worth paying for parking for the week. Cost of rental won't really play into it, as we will use points and only pay taxes. There will be 4 of us, and we'd need 1 booster seat.

How are the beds they have now? We stayed at Pop last year in a refurbished room and loved the beds but DD12 (11 at the time) hated having to put her bed up and down each day/night. So i'm on the fence between hoping they start the refurb on Music cuz the beds were great at Pop and not wanting the refurb room so she won't have the murphy bed.

I found the beds perfectly comfortable. I have a family of 4 and nobody complained about the size or comfort of the beds at ASMu (that was during our August 2018 trip, stayed in preferred room Calypso building 1).

Great, thanks! We have a preferred room booked

I can’t find a date and I’m not sure All Star Movies are finished with the refurbishment.

They are not completed. I believe they got about 50% completed then paused the refurb over the holidays. Not sure if, or when, they have started up again.

They are not completed. I believe they got about 50% completed then paused the refurb over the holidays. Not sure if, or when, they have started up again.
Thank you for the confirmation. You don’t happen to know what the suites will look like?

I have a preferred room booked. My location requests for online check in are limited. If I request landscape view and calypso building, will I be facing away from the pool? I don’t teally care which floor I am on, but would prefer to not be facing the pool. Only other choices are Close to transportation or higher floor

I have a preferred room booked. My location requests for online check in are limited. If I request landscape view and calypso building, will I be facing away from the pool? I don’t teally care which floor I am on, but would prefer to not be facing the pool. Only other choices are Close to transportation or higher floor
I assume that you would be away from the pool with Landscape view. But I actually did not have any options to pick for some reason when I did online check in. So I sent them a fax instead and asked for top floor near the parking lot (which is what I wanted since I had a car and wanted a quiet room)

We were in a family suite in Calypso Building 1, not facing the pool. I would say it was a landscape view. There were bushes beside the sidewalk with the parking lots on the other side of the bushes.

Considering taking an inflatable twin size mattress so DS (12) & DD (8) don’t have to share a bed. Correction: so I don’t have to listen to them argue about being breathed on by each other or die over the possibility of touching one another after a long day at the parks.

Will a regular twin size air mattress fit on the floor at night? We’d pick it up during the day.

Considering taking an inflatable twin size mattress so DS (12) & DD (8) don’t have to share a bed. Correction: so I don’t have to listen to them argue about being breathed on by each other or die over the possibility of touching one another after a long day at the parks.

Will a regular twin size air mattress fit on the floor at night? We’d pick it up during the day.
You will need to move the table and put the air mattress by the wall and the window it will fit . I would sugest if you have someone that makes a lot of bathroom trips put them in the bed away from that area .

You will need to move the table and put the air mattress by the wall and the window it will fit . I would sugest if you have someone that makes a lot of bathroom trips put them in the bed away from that area .

Thanks! That's what I was thinking after looking at room diagrams and remembering the layout of Movies last time we were there. I mean, we were able to fit a pack n play and stroller last time and still had room to move, so I would imagine we could make it fit. Or "Ugly Stepsister it"... "I'll MAKE it fit!" Ha!

I just talked with DH about it this morning and instead of packing it, he wants to either Prime Now or pick one up at Walmart when we arrive. We always get groceries anyway, so with those options, surely we can make it happen. DS will be so thankful he doesn't have to be elbowed and kicked by his sweet little sister all night long.

We're booked standard, and I'd like to be near the playground area. Would I request building 8, Broadway section? Or just say near the playground?

Am I right that building 9 is preferred now?

Thanks!

We're booked standard, and I'd like to be near the playground area. Would I request building 8, Broadway section? Or just say near the playground?

Am I right that building 9 is preferred now?

Thanks!
Hello!
Buildings 2 & 9 (Jazz) and Buildings 1 & 10 (Calypso) are preferred.
I can't really answer your question about the playground. I never did walk up in that area. Hopefully someone comes along who can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter