Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Information & Questions

Glad to hear Calypso being renovated we have a preferred room booked for Easter 2020. New to ASMusic we stayed twice before at AoA but now out of our budget. 14 nights of the Disney bubble soooo excited :flower1:

Hi! I’m looking at booking a week here for September of 2020. We are booking a standard room and usually stay deluxe or moderate so are used to a bit of a walk to our room. Are the only preferred buildings Calypso?

Never stayed at All Star Music before, and just booked an impromptu stay for DH and I in two weeks! I see the rooms have two double beds. Are there rooms with king beds as well? If yes, I assume its just a request and not a bookable category? And lastly, what's been your success rate if you've requested a king bed? I have a preferred room booked.

Also - which buildings are the preferred rooms in?

Never stayed at All Star Music before, and just booked an impromptu stay for DH and I in two weeks! I see the rooms have two double beds. Are there rooms with king beds as well? If yes, I assume its just a request and not a bookable category? And lastly, what's been your success rate if you've requested a king bed? I have a preferred room booked.

Also - which buildings are the preferred rooms in?
Preferred buildings are Calypso and Jazz. I usually stay in the suites, so don't have any experience with the King rooms. But I am sure someone will pop in that can answer your questions! Have fun! And if you can grab pictures of the renovations going on, please share them here when you get back!

According to the hours on the website, the food court doesn’t open til 6:30; the app says 7:00. This seems problematic since EMH starts so early. Does anyone know if you can access the microwaves before they open? Our plan was to have bring oatmeal and cook/eat it in the food court before heading off to the parks since they don’t provide microwaves in the rooms.

If anyone is there currently and could report on Halloween activities at the resort today that would be super helpful for planning. TIA!

Is there a specific fax number or phone number for room requests? Also, we are looking for the quietest location-any suggestions? TIA!

Is there a specific fax number or phone number for room requests? Also, we are looking for the quietest location-any suggestions? TIA!

Did you go through a Travel agent or book on your own?

If through a TA, they would be able to submit the request for you. If not, you can either call Disney direct (just the regular main #) or use Touring Plans' room request.

Quietest is generally going to be on the 3rd floor, but where/which building is going to depend on whether you have a standard or preferred room.

Did you go through a Travel agent or book on your own?

If through a TA, they would be able to submit the request for you. If not, you can either call Disney direct (just the regular main #) or use Touring Plans' room request.

Quietest is generally going to be on the 3rd floor, but where/which building is going to depend on whether you have a standard or preferred room.
Thank you. We booked on our own and have a standard room.

Thank you. We booked on our own and have a standard room.

For standard rooms, I'd request 3rd floor as your first request, facing away from the pools as your 2nd request. Requests tend to go better if you prioritize a couple of options rather than giving them a laundry list.

I wonder since they are starting with Calypso, if they will renovate the suites at the same time (since they are in there and Jazz I believe). I plan on staying in a suite next year.

I am hoping so! We have a suite booked for marathon weekend in January. Would be nice to catch a new renovated room.

Someone trying to connect their Roku or similar to watch Disney+? ;)
Yes- I’m bringing my computer and wondering if I could connect it via hdmi cable so we don’t have to watch from laptop. We only have one free norming so we won’t have lots of tome to watch.

Quick question which I feel stupid asking. We have never stayed in a value resort so I have no clue about this. We are flying down for a quick two night trip and staying at ASMu. Do they have shampoo and soap (or body wash) in the rooms? It would be one less thing to stuff into my backpack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!