Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Information & Questions

Yes,but unfortunately they DO NOT have indoor plumbing at this time(HOPEFULLY that will come with the refurb!).

Just kidding-I blame Disney for a lot of the "low expectations" by continuing use the term "VALUE". :)

The "Values" are wonderful Resorts.

Thank you for your answer and humor. I felt silly asking it and I was certain they had the basics but I just wanted to make sure. I'm kind of looking forward to the small beds. I told my husband they were full beds and his response was "guess we will be sleeping in separate beds", yep I might even get two decent nights of sleep.

Thank you for your answer and humor. I felt silly asking it and I was certain they had the basics but I just wanted to make sure. I'm kind of looking forward to the small beds. I told my husband they were full beds and his response was "guess we will be sleeping in separate beds", yep I might even get two decent nights of sleep.
You are welcome.

"Value" is really a misleading term for Disney to use IMO.

You do not get "Value" level Cast Members working there.

You do not get "Value" level landscaping.

You do not get "Value" level Disney attention to detail.

You do not get "Value" level Housekeeping.

Etc..etc.

At one time the Values were "denied" some amenities to "separate" them from the Mods and Luxes.

But that has changed-here are some things that have been added to the Values in recent years:

Fridges
Coffeemakers(already added to Pop Century and All-Star Movies and coming to Music and Sports)
Queen beds(already added to Pop Century and Movies and coming to Music and Sports)
55 inch TVs(already at Pop Century and Movies and coming to Music and Sports)
Pool Towels
Expanded Menu for Room Delivery
Full size hair Dryers
Yoga classes and Painting classes at select Value Resorts.

The "Values" are fun and beautiful and also they are definitely not "value priced " anymore!lol :)

You are welcome.

"Value" is really a misleading term for Disney to use IMO.

You do not get "Value" level Cast Members working there.

You do not get "Value" level landscaping.

You do not get "Value" level Disney attention to detail.

You do not get "Value" level Housekeeping.

Etc..etc.

At one time the Values were "denied" some amenities to "separate" them from the Mods and Luxes.

But that has changed-here are some things that have been added to the Values in recent years:

Fridges
Coffeemakers(already added to Pop Century and All-Star Movies and coming to Music and Sports)
Queen beds(already added to Pop Century and Movies and coming to Music and Sports)
55 inch TVs(already at Pop Century and Movies and coming to Music and Sports)
Pool Towels
Expanded Menu for Room Delivery
Full size hair Dryers
Yoga classes and Painting classes at select Value Resorts.

The "Values" are fun and beautiful and also they are definitely not "value priced " anymore!lol :)

Thank you for this. One of the main reasons I have always avoided the values is the lack of pool slides and hot tubs. This is a quick trip and very cheap thanks to a pin code. I figure at $59 a night I'm not going to complain at all. It'll be good to give them a try. I'm sure we will stick with deluxes and mods for longer trips but this will let us see if they are a doable option for short trips or trips where we plan on spending all our time at the parks. We tend to treat our Disney trips as resort vacations with some time at the parks. My youngest is autistic and soon to be an adult. He likes to hang out at the hotel for large parts of the day.I don't think a value trip would work for him but looks like it might for others.

Once again thank you so much for your info.

Some comments on the All Star Music Resort: We just returned from spending 3 nights there Dec12-15th and overall think, that for the price paid, it does the job very nicely. The room older style was very clean, the bed was comfortable, great shower, and above all great service! Want to give a well deserved shout out to the front desk team, expecially Joe from North Canton, OH for his extra help in securing travel to the airport for us.
I do think you need to be aware there are room renovations now in progress in various buildings which should not affect your sleeping hours. Try for a closer building than we had to the main building and the Disney buses. Finally, make no mistake, this property is out there! Allow for 25 minutes to get to the parks once you get on the bus! Our room was also a ten minute walk within the property to the lobby.

Some comments on the All Star Music Resort: We just returned from spending 3 nights there Dec12-15th and overall think, that for the price paid, it does the job very nicely. The room older style was very clean, the bed was comfortable, great shower, and above all great service! Want to give a well deserved shout out to the front desk team, expecially Joe from North Canton, OH for his extra help in securing travel to the airport for us.
I do think you need to be aware there are room renovations now in progress in various buildings which should not affect your sleeping hours. Try for a closer building than we had to the main building and the Disney buses. Finally, make no mistake, this property is out there! Allow for 25 minutes to get to the parks once you get on the bus! Our room was also a ten minute walk within the property to the lobby.
I just got back from a Dec 7th thru 14th. Agree with everything you said above. Overall the resort worked for me. I thought the theming was really cute. I was in Broadway building 8 and they are in process of renovating that building but we never heard any noise when were in our room.
I didn't have any issues with the Pop Warner cheerleaders
The one thing that I noticed is that the All star resorts have the farthest to walk to the buses no matter which park you were at.
Also for those wondering they were sharing buses with the other All Stars for Epcot (even at Park close) & Hollywood Studios when I was there. We always got on the buses but it was packed.

I would definately go back to this resort but I think it might be worth a little extra $$ to stay at POP.

I just got back from a Dec 7th thru 14th. Agree with everything you said above. Overall the resort worked for me. I thought the theming was really cute. I was in Broadway building 8 and they are in process of renovating that building but we never heard any noise when were in our room.
I didn't have any issues with the Pop Warner cheerleaders
The one thing that I noticed is that the All star resorts have the farthest to walk to the buses no matter which park you were at.
Also for those wondering they were sharing buses with the other All Stars for Epcot (even at Park close) & Hollywood Studios when I was there. We always got on the buses but it was packed.

I would definately go back to this resort but I think it might be worth a little extra $$ to stay at POP.
Well said! I think we were in Bldg 7. You are right-on with your observations that the return buses lots are located way out from the park gates. EPCOT bus was the worst to walk to once you located that elusive bus 12 slot. (Don't you just love the scooter loads to at the end of a long day?) The Pop Century resorts are even more attractive since you can now board the Skyliner there and connect to DHS and or EPCOT. Our trip was a last minute deal so we were happy to be at the All Star Music resort instead of being off site without a car! Still would have paid more for the PCR rooms if Available

We just booked our next WDW and staying at the All stars Music . We are a family of 5, so the suites really are the best deal for us. We stayed at the All stars in Nov 2017 and looking forward to staying in an renovated suite!

We just booked our next WDW and staying at the All stars Music . We are a family of 5, so the suites really are the best deal for us. We stayed at the All stars in Nov 2017 and looking forward to staying in an renovated suite!
building 10 has been done . 9 is under renovation now . they say there are doing it in building order of 10 to 1 . so building 2 and 1 family rooms might not be finished for a while . there is active music renovation thread in the resort subs on this site

edit :https://www.disboards.com/threads/all-star-music-renovations.3708218/

We stayed in the Broadway section a number of years ago and booked a preferred room on an All Star Unique offer code. Originally I booked Sports since we have never stayed over there but changed to preferred Music. I wanted a chance of a renovated room (even a small chance). We have enjoyed the rooms at Pop a lot. We will only be in the resort 2 nights flying in early on Feb 3 and out Wednesday the 5th. Epcot and maybe MK after hours Monday and Studios Tuesday. Hope to get a boarding pass for Rise of the resistance.

We usually order from garden grocer. Anybody know if ASM make a resort charge for taking in the order?

We usually order from garden grocer. Anybody know if ASM make a resort charge for taking in the order?

Just like all other WDW resorts, there is no charge for receiving the order for you. There is a $6 charge only if you have Bell Services/Luggage Assistance deliver the order to your room.

Just booked a stay at this resort for 17MAY-24MAY and have a preferred room. We want to be as close to the hall as possible. I'm thinking building 1 but wondered what the room numbers were in that building that are closest to the front? This way I can request them when we check-in.

TIA for your help!

Just booked a stay at this resort for 17MAY-24MAY and have a preferred room. We want to be as close to the hall as possible. I'm thinking building 1 but wondered what the room numbers were in that building that are closest to the front? This way I can request them when we check-in.

TIA for your help!
request 10 or 9 as they have been renovated . building 1 will be last done and I dont think it will be done by that . there doing 10-1 and there up to 8 at moment
this thread has all the info on renovation https://www.disboards.com/threads/all-star-music-renovations.3708218/

TIA for your help!
I would just ask for a room in building 10(which is renovated) or 1(not renovated). These are the closest, wouldn't worry about specific room numbers(there are a lot). It can be looked up on touring plans if you want really specific numbers for the very closest.

We booked a bounce back for 9/5-9/16. Have always stayed at POP but the difference in price is starting to creep up there and for that amount, we can do several extra events (After Hours, MNSSHP and dessert parties). We are in the parks from open to close so just need a clean place to sleep. Really hope we like Music and we have a new resort "home" in the future.

The All Star Music is OK for the price, however the transportation time by bus to most of the parks is the issue to weigh. POP wins hands down with the Skyliner option now. At the end of the day, it's about getting to your room ASAP and for that I guess I'd pay the difference. Let us know how it all works out for you.

The All Star Music is OK for the price, however the transportation time by bus to most of the parks is the issue to weigh. POP wins hands down with the Skyliner option now. At the end of the day, it's about getting to your room ASAP and for that I guess I'd pay the difference. Let us know how it all works out for you.
True that Pop is more convenient with transportation, but that only works for two parks. No advantage for AK or MK.

Depending on touring style, the ability to get back quickly from EP and HS may or may not make the price increase worth it, especially because you’re paying the premium even for days you’re not at EP/HS.

I figure the money I’m saving on room rate is available to spend on Uber, if I need it. Pretty easy to walk to a nearby resort and get picked up there rather than deal with post-fireworks crowds at the bus stop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter