Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

May I ask how you put in a request? My husband is a huge hockey fan and I think it would be neat to stay in that hotel.

I am not entirely sure it is worth the trip over, but FYI there is a hockey-themed Mighty Ducks section at the neighboring resort, All-Star Movies. Walking from Sports you'd cross through straight behind the main building of All-Star Music and the Ducks section is directly ahead. There is the Duck Pond pool you could use if you wanted.

I am not entirely sure it is worth the trip over, but FYI there is a hockey-themed Mighty Ducks section at the neighboring resort, All-Star Movies. Walking from Sports you'd cross through straight behind the main building of All-Star Music and the Ducks section is directly ahead. There is the Duck Pond pool you could use if you wanted.
You know what, that's probably what I'm thinking of. I was thinking it was at Sports. Thanks for pointing that out! :)

I have a standard room booked for August. Any suggestions for room requests? I wasn't sure if the baseball section might be nice because of the quiet pool or is the hoops section better? I think the hoops section would be closer if we wanted to walk over to AS music. It doesn't look like any section would be bad. Maybe I should just leave it up to fate? What do you all think??

I have a standard room booked for August. Any suggestions for room requests? I wasn't sure if the baseball section might be nice because of the quiet pool or is the hoops section better? I think the hoops section would be closer if we wanted to walk over to AS music. It doesn't look like any section would be bad. Maybe I should just leave it up to fate? What do you all think??

My family still quotes this line we overheard from a fellow Hoops Hotel guest many years ago: "Where did they put us, the back nine?"

I agree that no section will be bad, however, Home Run Hotel would be more convenient if you wanted to take advantage of visiting All-Star Music or decided to take a Music bus back to the resort rather than a Sports bus.

We have a request in for Homerun Hotel in a few weeks and if we get what we requested, I'll definitely come back and let you know how it was. I've heard great things about it and considering we have a baseball crazed kid I think we'll be extremely happy there. We shall see!

Random question, has anyone not gotten what you requested as far as room location and had any luck getting it changed after you arrived? I know a request is simply that, a request but DS will not stop talking about staying in the "baseball hotel".

Random question, has anyone not gotten what you requested as far as room location and had any luck getting it changed after you arrived?
Absolutely-if you haven't been assigned Home Run Hotel when you check-in-ask very nicely if they would mind seeing if anything in HRH is available and also tell them you don't mind waiting until later in the day if nothing is available right then-you should have a "good" chance of getting something in HRH.:)

Absolutely-if you haven't been assigned Home Run Hotel when you check-in-ask very nicely if they would mind seeing if anything in HRH is available and also tell them you don't mind waiting until later in the day if nothing is available right then-you should have a "good" chance of getting something in HRH.:)

Thank you very much! It wouldn't be such a big deal if he wasn't the birthday boy. ;)

Random question, has anyone not gotten what you requested as far as room location and had any luck getting it changed after you arrived? I know a request is simply that, a request but DS will not stop talking about staying in the "baseball hotel".

Yes, I have done this a couple of times at check-in, where I saw the room assignment and asked if it could be changed. In each case, they did.

- Every trip we got which section we wanted.
- I would just make that your only request to they know it's important to you.
- And of course as others said you can ask to move at checkin.

I put in a room request with Touring Plans. Has anyone had success using them? I understand they will fax the room request to Disney for you!

All of Touchdown is preferred. I requested Home Run, building closest to Touchdown and it was great! We could walk towards the parking lot and around to the main building that way or across the other parking lot to Music and use their food court. It was an easy walk to the front thru the resort also.

Is this a recent change?

I could have sworn Touchdown was standard, but looking at it now, I see that's not the case.

Does anyone know if they sell larger than single serve Soy, Almond or Lactose free milk?

I'm glad at ASSp they seem to try and accommodate room requests. Not sure what I did wrong at Pop, but they kept trying to put me in the one area I did not want to be in.

I checked the past few pages and didn't notice any posts, so I will go ahead and ask!

I just booked a quick last minute July weekend trip in a preferred room at POP. I'm reading some so-so posts about the current bus situation due to local road construction and was wondering if the same is affecting the All-Star resorts? I will primarily be in the parks for a majority of the day and am most concerned with getting TO the parks. I will be going to DHS on a Saturday morning and AK on a Sunday morning. There is currently an open preferred All-Star Sports room for my dates that will actually be a little less money and I am wondering if I should make the switch? This will be my first time staying in either resort and I just want a cool place to sleep at night that can get me to the parks in the morning. Any input is appreciated :D

ASSP is in a different country like AK is

Taxes are a big higher for ASP than Pop

Not a lot but thing it is 1/2 % greater

I love sports!
Always stay there

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter