Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

I'm just catching up on the construction news re platform at/near Generation Gap Bridge betw POP & AoA and was thinking how happy & relieved I am to be booked at Sports this fall. In the past, I have enjoyed a standard room in either the 50s or 60s bldgs often with a view of hourglass lake and/or the bridge. While construction happens, this may be more disruptive for POP guests esp in those bldgs than AoA guests. Here's a link to the story:
http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/03/break...erlook-built-pop-century-tied-gondola-system/

What is the bus situation like at All Star Sports? Never stayed before. Closer to any resorts than others? Early on the line? Construction affecting busses, etc. I'll be there June 21-24th. Thanks y'all.

What is the bus situation like at All Star Sports? Never stayed before. Closer to any resorts than others? Early on the line? Construction affecting busses, etc. I'll be there June 21-24th. Thanks y'all.

All Stars are often talked about as a shared system (one bus for all three All Stars), but that's only during lighter times. We were there last June and never saw a shared bus. In the event that you do, Sports would be the first stop.

The All Stars are all next to each other and easily walk-able. AKL Coronado Springs, and Art of Animation would be the next closest, but they are not really walking distance.

I can't answer the construction question. I'm also hoping it's less of an issue this summer.

All Stars are often talked about as a shared system (one bus for all three All Stars), but that's only during lighter times. We were there last June and never saw a shared bus. In the event that you do, Sports would be the first stop.

The All Stars are all next to each other and easily walk-able. AKL Coronado Springs, and Art of Animation would be the next closest, but they are not really walking distance.

I can't answer the construction question. I'm also hoping it's less of an issue this summer.

Thank you! That's helpful! Any parks that take longer to get to by bus than others?

Any information about bus transport is appreciated y'all.

Any information about bus transport is appreciated y'all.

Here is some info you may find helpful.:)

I kept a "log" during one of my trips to All-Star Sports.

(Times are actual "Travel Times"-they don't include "waiting for the bus times").

• It takes the Buses about 2 minutes to travel from Sports to Music and about 2 minutes
      from Music to Movies

I also did some Park Hopping:

Monorail from TTC to Epcot----9 minutes.

Monorail from Epcot to TTC----7 minutes.
      Express Monorail----4 minutes

Friendship between Epcot and DHS----20-30 minutes(We actually did make it in 20 minutes one day!)

Saturday April 18-
      Sports to Epcot----8:23AM to 8:33AM----10 minutes----Direct
      Epcot to Sports----4:46PM to 4:58PM----12 minutes----Share

Sunday April 19----Sports to DAK(EMH)----7:44AM to 7:52AM----8 minutes----Direct
      DAK to Sports----12:51PM to 12:57PM----6 minutes----Share
      Sports to DHS----5:37PM to 5:57PM----20 minutes----Share
      MK to Music----10:31PM to 10:52PM----21 minutes----Direct
      (Hopped on a waiting Music Bus and then walked back to Sports.)

Monday April 20----Sports to MK----6:49AM to 7:04AM----15 minutes----Direct
      (BOG Breakfast!)
      Epcot to Sports----12:31PM to 12:42PM----11 minutes----Share
      Sports to Epcot----2:44PM to 3:04PM----20 minutes----Share
      Epcot to Sports----7:00PM to 7:12PM----12 minutes----Share

Tuesday April 21----Sports to DHS----7:58AM to 8:10AM----12 minutes----Direct
      DHS to Sports----11:01AM to 11:15AM----14 minutes----Direct
      Sports to DTD----2:23PM to 2:50PM----27 minutes----Share
      DHS to Sports----9:57PM to 10:09PM----12 minutes----Share

Wednesday April 22----Sports to DAK----7:33AM to 7:44AM(EMH)----11 minutes----Direct
      DAK to Sports----12:29PM to 12:37PM----8 minutes----Share
      Sports to DHS----1:30PM to 1:49PM----19 minutes----Share
      MK to Music----9:25PM to 9:40PM----15 minutes----Direct

Thursday April 23----Sports to Epcot----11:10AM to 11:19AM----9 minutes----Share
      DTD to Sports----5:18PM to 5:37PM-----19 minutes----Share

Friday April 24----Sports to Epcot----8:06AM to 8:17AM-----11 minutes----Direct
      Epcot to Sports----10:27AM to 10:43AM----16 minutes----Share
      Sports to Epcot----12:23PM to 12:43PM----20 minutes----Share
      Epcot to Sports----9:14PM to 9:30PM----16 minutes----Direct

Saturday April 25----Sports to DHS(EMH)----7:20AM to 7:30AM-----10 minutes----Direct
      Epcot to Sports-----4:16PM to 4:30PM----14 minutes----Share

Sunday April 26----Sports to MK----9:15AM to 9:30AM----15 minutes----Direct
      Epcot to Sports----12:20PM to 12:32PM-----12 minutes-----Share

Time to board THE LIBRARY BUS!!!!BOOOOOOOO!!!!:):):):)

Here is some info you may find helpful.:)

I kept a "log" during one of my trips to All-Star Sports.

(Times are actual "Travel Times"-they don't include "waiting for the bus times").

• It takes the Buses about 2 minutes to travel from Sports to Music and about 2 minutes
      from Music to Movies

I also did some Park Hopping:

Monorail from TTC to Epcot----9 minutes.

Monorail from Epcot to TTC----7 minutes.
      Express Monorail----4 minutes

Friendship between Epcot and DHS----20-30 minutes(We actually did make it in 20 minutes one day!)

Saturday April 18-
      Sports to Epcot----8:23AM to 8:33AM----10 minutes----Direct
      Epcot to Sports----4:46PM to 4:58PM----12 minutes----Share

Sunday April 19----Sports to DAK(EMH)----7:44AM to 7:52AM----8 minutes----Direct
      DAK to Sports----12:51PM to 12:57PM----6 minutes----Share
      Sports to DHS----5:37PM to 5:57PM----20 minutes----Share
      MK to Music----10:31PM to 10:52PM----21 minutes----Direct
      (Hopped on a waiting Music Bus and then walked back to Sports.)

Monday April 20----Sports to MK----6:49AM to 7:04AM----15 minutes----Direct
      (BOG Breakfast!)
      Epcot to Sports----12:31PM to 12:42PM----11 minutes----Share
      Sports to Epcot----2:44PM to 3:04PM----20 minutes----Share
      Epcot to Sports----7:00PM to 7:12PM----12 minutes----Share

Tuesday April 21----Sports to DHS----7:58AM to 8:10AM----12 minutes----Direct
      DHS to Sports----11:01AM to 11:15AM----14 minutes----Direct
      Sports to DTD----2:23PM to 2:50PM----27 minutes----Share
      DHS to Sports----9:57PM to 10:09PM----12 minutes----Share

Wednesday April 22----Sports to DAK----7:33AM to 7:44AM(EMH)----11 minutes----Direct
      DAK to Sports----12:29PM to 12:37PM----8 minutes----Share
      Sports to DHS----1:30PM to 1:49PM----19 minutes----Share
      MK to Music----9:25PM to 9:40PM----15 minutes----Direct

Thursday April 23----Sports to Epcot----11:10AM to 11:19AM----9 minutes----Share
      DTD to Sports----5:18PM to 5:37PM-----19 minutes----Share

Friday April 24----Sports to Epcot----8:06AM to 8:17AM-----11 minutes----Direct
      Epcot to Sports----10:27AM to 10:43AM----16 minutes----Share
      Sports to Epcot----12:23PM to 12:43PM----20 minutes----Share
      Epcot to Sports----9:14PM to 9:30PM----16 minutes----Direct

Saturday April 25----Sports to DHS(EMH)----7:20AM to 7:30AM-----10 minutes----Direct
      Epcot to Sports-----4:16PM to 4:30PM----14 minutes----Share

Sunday April 26----Sports to MK----9:15AM to 9:30AM----15 minutes----Direct
      Epcot to Sports----12:20PM to 12:32PM-----12 minutes-----Share

Time to board THE LIBRARY BUS!!!!BOOOOOOOO!!!!:):):):)

This is money. Thanks.

I want to make this as simple as possible, but it will take a story to explain...

We are planning a June 2018 trip to WDW, staying at All-Star Sports. There will be 10 people: 3 in my family & 7 in SIL's family. They will need 2 rooms (4 & 3 people), we will need one. I am booking it all together since I am the one planning the trip & I want to make doing FP's as easy as possible. I've always booked our packages online, but I don't think I can do this one that way. I plan to call in for this trip. How difficult/long/aggravating is this conversation going to be? I will need three standard rooms, two connecting if possible, with park tickets & QS dining for all. I will put the deposit on my cc. Will they connect all of this info with the MDE I already have? Will I have to give all of the names, ages, etc over the phone or can I do it on MDE?

TIA for any advice, suggestions, help!

I have reservations at All Star Movies but to be honest every time my husband have stayed there something always happens, i.e. we have had to cut our vacation short twice due to illness/hospitalizations. I'm not a superstitious person but I have a hard time believing this is coincidence.

My question is - i can get All Star Sports for $25 less per night. Am I going to be happy? Is the room updated? Has anyone stayed there recently and what did you think of the room/resort overall?

Thank you for your response.

I have reservations at All Star Movies but to be honest every time my husband have stayed there something always happens, i.e. we have had to cut our vacation short twice due to illness/hospitalizations. I'm not a superstitious person but I have a hard time believing this is coincidence.

My question is - i can get All Star Sports for $25 less per night. Am I going to be happy? Is the room updated? Has anyone stayed there recently and what did you think of the room/resort overall?

We have thoroughly enjoyed our stays at all 3 All Stars but Sports is our favorite. Unless the sports theme bothers you I can't imagine you won't be happy.

All Star Movies was our favorite resort. We always requested the Mighty Ducks section and use the All Star Music buses to go to the parks and Music or Movies back from parks whichever came first. However, Movies is excluded from the free dining offer so we now have been staying at Sports. Food court was completely updated a few years ago. Rooms are in good condition and the exact same size as Movies. I'm you can find a better use for the $25 a night.:)

Can the mini fridges in the room hold a gallon of milk? Can the shelves be taken out?

Does anyone know about this? I'm curious as well.

Yes it can hold a gallon of milk.
Yes the shelves can be taken out.

Some fridges have a bump/shelf on the bottom but the gallon fits in top of that when the other shelves taken out.

http://**************.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Mini-Fridge-Standard-Room-Disneys-All-Star-Music-Resort-from-**************.net_.jpg

http://**************.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Mini-Fridge-at-Disneys-All-Star-Sports-Resort-from-**************.net_.jpg
Couldn't find my photo so found this one online.

Last edited:
Yes it can hold a gallon of milk.
Yes the shelves can be taken out.

Some fridges have a bump/shelf on the bottom but the gallon fits in top of that when the other shelves taken out.

http://**************.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Mini-Fridge-Standard-Room-Disneys-All-Star-Music-Resort-from-**************.net_.jpg

http://**************.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Mini-Fridge-at-Disneys-All-Star-Sports-Resort-from-**************.net_.jpg
Couldn't find my photo so found this one online.

Thanks!

I'm arriving with my family in about a week using magical express. Can anyone tell me what stop we would be on magical express and how long from the airport I should expect it to take? Trying to plan how long until I can get to the parks and use fast passes. My flight arrives at about 10:30am. Thanks

I'm arriving with my family in about a week using magical express. Can anyone tell me what stop we would be on magical express and how long from the airport I should expect it to take? Trying to plan how long until I can get to the parks and use fast passes. My flight arrives at about 10:30am. Thanks

There's no set route. It all depends on how many guests are arriving at the same time and where they're going. Having said that, we have done very well by estimating 60-75 minutes from walking off the plane to getting to our resort. Our best was 45 minutes (no waiting to get on the bus, it left as soon as we boarded and our resort was 1st stop) and worst was 90 minutes (waited 25 minutes to board the bus and our resort was stop #4).

The "MOST LIKELY" route is Coronado Springs Resort/All-Star Spots/All-Star Music/All-Star Movies.

With that route,expect it to take "around" 45 minutes to get to Sports(not counting any time spent sitting on the bus waiting for it to leave the airport).

Plus the wait in line to get on the bus. I have walked right on the bus and have waited 20 minutes to get on the bus....
Depending on how busy it is.

Crazy question here..... What do the soda machines look like? Did they 'upgrade' to the new fancy Coke machines that let you pick different flavors, etc? (I love those machines!!!)

Did they 'upgrade' to the new fancy Coke machines that let you pick different flavors, etc?
No,the rebuild of End Zone just came with a brand new Beverage Island with the regular "fountain drinks".

However,the Beverage Island at End Zone is now accessible 24/7!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter