Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village

We were able to get a studio spring break week (just before Easter) at Kidani pretty late in the game. We did enjoy it but maybe others don't because of need to "travel" for CS meal (we walked it and were fine and they do have a shuttle, but I would think that may be a drawback for some). Also the distance from our room to the pool and the lobby (where they had the soda refill machine) was a bit of a hike as well. We don't mind walking but some might. We enjoyed seeing the animals from the balcony but I was surprised that they weren't out later at night or earlier in the morning.
Of those listed we've only stayed at Kidani and SSR. SSR was fine and it is nice to walk to DS. Like another poster, I doubt we will ever end up at VGF.

We love AKL and will never stay at VGF. It’s all preference. We hate the atmosphere of VGF as we feel it’s so uptight, but love the savanna and lobby of the AKL. We also love Poly too. It’s why we have contracts at those two resorts. :)
All perspective.

Right there with ya.

We LOVE Kidani, especially 2BR savanna view. We own there, bought on day one, and have zero regrets! We've stayed at VGF and BLT for short resort hopping trips. VGF...we loved the resort, loved the rooms (though the layout is a little awkward, especially if you're a couple sharing with another adult...it's very modular!), AND the resort, but the atmosphere is just not for us. I felt SO out of place.

BLT is a little austere (aka Contemporary) for my tastes. Again, the rooms are VERY nice, and the Contemp has a special, sentimental place in our family, but it's not somewhere I'd want to spend a week or two. A couple nights and we were ready for Kidani. ;)

I've never found the location to be "so remote" as to feel like we spent too much time traveling on buses (or in our car). YMMV.

AKV-Kidani 2 bedroom - 3 full bathrooms (I've got young adults, a wonderful bonus that extra bathroom & hair dryer). Nice long balcony, the animals, a great place to have my morning coffee or evening drink . Covered parking (July storms and beating heat) Quick shuttle to and from Jambo/Kidani for Boma & Jiko (though I was a bit disappointed this past week-end, but they can redeem themselves in Oct.) One of my top 3 favorite resorts, we will be there again in October.

We stay at BWV during Food and Wine, but our favorite to stay is Kidani. Just a beautiful resort and I love seeing the Savanna.

The only complaint I have about AKL-Kidani is that the store, Johari Treasures doesn't open until 7:00 am. The only way to get coffee (besides your in-room coffee maker) before 7 am is to walk over to Jambo.

Honestly, the one I would out at the bottom of the list is SSR. But all are great choices and if you have points to burn, you can always give them to me....lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!