Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Flying in from Australia Jan 2019. We are going to stay at AOA in a finding Nemo suite. Any recommendations for specific rooms, closest to transportation and lobby?

Flying in from Australia Jan 2019. We are going to stay at AOA in a finding Nemo suite. Any recommendations for specific rooms, closest to transportation and lobby?
You should not request a specific room
You should request close to transportation and close to lobby
If you request a specific room (even a few of them) and it's not available they won't know why you requested that room and they'll put you just wherever.
If you request based on the parameters you want, they will know what rooms fit and can try to fill if possible. Give them the biggest range of rooms to work from, not the smallest.
If you use the Touring Plans room request form it will do this for you. It gives the room assigners a range of sample rooms and then also tells them what features the rooms have that you are requesting.

What type of life jackets do they have available by the pools? Regular "jacket" style, or the puddle jumpers that look like this:

images

I have a non-swimmer who uses one and they definitely have a different feel in the water than a vest style life jacket. We're flying so if they have puddle jumpers, I'd love to not have to pack one. Or I suppose order one to have sent there and just leave it for other guests when we're done . . .

What type of life jackets do they have available by the pools? Regular "jacket" style, or the puddle jumpers that look like this:

images

I have a non-swimmer who uses one and they definitely have a different feel in the water than a vest style life jacket. We're flying so if they have puddle jumpers, I'd love to not have to pack one. Or I suppose order one to have sent there and just leave it for other guests when we're done . . .
Regular vest style. When DGD still used one of those we just packed hers. It was a pain but really didn't take up that much space since they squish so well

Thanks! I guess I'll see how the suitcases look when it's time to pack and if I don't feel like squishing one in, I'll just order one from amazon and leave it there for others to use.

Booked here for the first time!!! Tell me some awesome things about AoA! Get me excited!
Past trips we've stayed at ASMO, ASSP, CSR, CBR, POR, and BW

The themeing is amazing! The food court is awesome (smoothies = yum)! The music and pools are so much fun! It's my happy place. :)

We check in here in 9 days. We have a LM Room.

Not worried about the walk to and from lobby. I already expect to be the one moving back and forth to the coke fountains.

What about transportation from LM Rooms? Is Uber/Lyft better then the bus transportation? This is my first time flying to Disney so not having my car will be my biggest anxiety.

Not worried about the walk to and from lobby. I already expect to be the one moving back and forth to the coke fountains.

What about transportation from LM Rooms? Is Uber/Lyft better then the bus transportation? This is my first time flying to Disney so not having my car will be my biggest anxiety.
Well, the buses are at the same place as the lobby. So walk -wise, it's the same
Uber/Lyft is a great choice when you have to go to another resort. Going to parks? Well, we often use Uber/Lyft for rope drop. The reason is we have more control of our travel times and in the morning, time is precious since the shorter travel time in the morning means we've been able to sleep just a little later. I like eliminating the unknown wait time for a bus. If we are just going to the park without a lot of concern about our travel time, then we use the bus. This is the same process we use at all the parks. Only time we don't do that is going to MK since we'd have to go to TTC

Us too!! I'm debating whether or not to do refillable mugs just because it will be a hassle to drag them back to our LM room before heading out for the day. haha! Maybe we'll see ya there!

Us too!! I'm debating whether or not to do refillable mugs just because it will be a hassle to drag them back to our LM room before heading out for the day. haha! Maybe we'll see ya there!

When we had a "far flung" room at Pop Century one year, we used to put our mugs in a locker in the changing rooms by the main pool before heading to the bus stop in the morning. I don't remember the exact cost but it was cheap (about $1...but that was 10 years ago) and there were always tons of empty lockers so I didn't feel bad about using one for my mugs. When we got back from the parks, I would retrieve the mugs from the locker and we'd all fill our mugs before heading to the room. Just something to think about...but definitely check what hours those changing rooms are locked for the night *and* remember that whoever puts the mugs in a locker (or a person of the same gender) needs to be there to get the mugs out. It wasn't a problem for us as we stayed together as a family on that trip because the kids were young. Once they got older (teens) we often split up at the parks and didn't necessarily come back to the resort together so it wasn't an option for us anymore (though we've always had conveniently located rooms the last several trips so it hasn't been a problem).

Is the Little Mermaid Rooms as far away from LObby as Building 7 at the Pop Century is far from the Lobby?

Is the Little Mermaid Rooms as far away from LObby as Building 7 at the Pop Century is far from the Lobby?

All of the LM rooms are farther from their Lobby than even the furthest room in building 7 at Pop with the furthest LM rooms being twice as far away as the furthest building 7 rooms.

Behind which of the Nemo buildings is Gondola construction taking place?

ORL242.jpg

Last edited:
I should have made my question clearer, which of the Nemo buildings?

There are 2 Nemo buildings 4 & 5 in your map.

The gondola station hangs off the center of the bridge, but on the same side as building 5... so 5 is slightly closer than 4 to construction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter