Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Building #10 - Room 0504

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance
enhance

By the way, the "update" going on in the Cars section has expanded into building 3 now.

Also, this may have been mentioned already but they are doing more than replacing floors. I saw mattresses being removed this morning.

Just booked our first stay at AoA in October! We were staying somewhere else but I just switched to AoA because we really could use the separate bedroom (the second bathroom will be really useful too!). I am curious about the booking category “room assigned upon check-in.” This was the only one available when I switched our reservation. Can I make a request as to which section we would prefer? I usually use the Touring Plans fax request. I’d like to request the Lion King section.

By the way, the "update" going on in the Cars section has expanded into building 3 now.

Also, this may have been mentioned already but they are doing more than replacing floors. I saw mattresses being removed this morning.

YES!!!!! I love this resort but their mattresses were terrible! Even the pull-out couch mattress wasn't as good the last time we stayed there.

I saw on FB that AOA has started a room refurb in the cars section. Building 2 specifically.
Anybody see/know what they are doing in the rooms?

We just spent 2 nights in a Cars suite, building 2. The room looked brand new, but same design. While we were there they were currently doing part of building 3. I saw the sofas and night stands being removed and trashed to be replaced with basically the same thing and the floors have laminate now. Seems like they're replacing furniture, changing the floor and painting. Simple, but makes the room basically new again.

Also, there was some work being done near Ink & Paint in the lobby area.

We just spent 2 nights in a Cars suite, building 2. The room looked brand new, but same design. While we were there they were currently doing part of building 3. I saw the sofas and night stands being removed and trashed to be replaced with basically the same thing and the floors have laminate now. Seems like they're replacing furniture, changing the floor and painting. Simple, but makes the room basically new again.

Also, there was some work being done near Ink & Paint in the lobby area.

How was the bed in the bedroom?

It was too firm for my taste but didn’t keep me from sleeping well.
Oh dear. Sounds like the same old mattress. I always struggle to sleep on it.

And yes, I'm aware I could ask for extra blankets to create a makeshift pillowtop. I was just hoping they would get the same mattresses Pop got. Those are so nice!

Oh dear. Sounds like the same old mattress. I always struggle to sleep on it.

And yes, I'm aware I could ask for extra blankets to create a makeshift pillowtop. I was just hoping they would get the same mattresses Pop got. Those are so nice!

I would love for them to get different mattresses in the suites as well. I used to do the extra blanket mattress topper but then I found out that you can actually ask mousekeeping for a mattress topper and they will put a foam egg-crate style mattress topper on the bed for you. That's what I did last year and will do anytime we stay there from now on.

I would love for them to get different mattresses in the suites as well. I used to do the extra blanket mattress topper but then I found out that you can actually ask mousekeeping for a mattress topper and they will put a foam egg-crate style mattress topper on the bed for you. That's what I did last year and will do anytime we stay there from now on.
Maybe if enough of us start doing that, they'll get the hint!

We are on our last night to our 2nd stay at AOA! It has been great. Room looked brand new (Cars Suite). Mousekeeping was great. I was only bummed because our arrival day was the last day of their food court’s old menu. No more make your own pasta or surf & surf sandwich. I was lucky enough to get a delicious shrimp pesto pasta before the change but I really wanted that sandwich lol. All in all, another great stay!

We are on our last night to our 2nd stay at AOA! It has been great. Room looked brand new (Cars Suite). Mousekeeping was great. I was only bummed because our arrival day was the last day of their food court’s old menu. No more make your own pasta or surf & surf sandwich. I was lucky enough to get a delicious shrimp pesto pasta before the change but I really wanted that sandwich lol. All in all, another great stay!
They have gotten rid of the make your own pasta??? It was so popular!

I
No!!!!!!! That was my traditional lunch on arrival day!!! Hopefully they still have it at Sunshine Seasons.

I know! It's DD's favorite (and almost only) meal, with a double side of chips.

I didn't know they had it at Sunshine Seasons! Thanks for the tip, and good luck to you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter