Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Ya, ones a couple, then just us 3 single guys. I tried telling her I don't mind taking the floor at all (better for my back honestly). But still thought everything would be too tight.

Oh, not tight at all in my opinion! We stayed there as a family of 6, 2 adults in the master bedroom, 2 teens and 2 younger kids out in the main area. Plenty of space for all of us. The two bathrooms plus the little kitchenette are fantastic for a group of adults! Easy to microwave a pastry or some oatmeal first thing in the morning. :)

Oh, not tight at all in my opinion! We stayed there as a family of 6, 2 adults in the master bedroom, 2 teens and 2 younger kids out in the main area. Plenty of space for all of us. The two bathrooms plus the little kitchenette are fantastic for a group of adults! Easy to microwave a pastry or some oatmeal first thing in the morning. :)

thanks, hopefully that'll alleviate her fears (she was just worried we wouldn't be comfortable and enjoy ourselves).

I never sleep well in hotels anyway lol, so it won't bother me any.

Looking to stay at AOA for the first time this fall.

Any chance that the pool being under construction will lead to some discounts further down the line? I have to imagine it would, but perhaps that's just wishful thinking.

We don't care about the pool but could really use the space.

I tried telling her I don't mind taking the floor at all (better for my back honestly).
I can usually sleep on the floor too...but we just got back from AoA, a suite...and it had linoleum in EVERY room. I don't know about you, but that would be too hard for me. (It was in the Nemo building.)

I can usually sleep on the floor too...but we just got back from AoA, a suite...and it had linoleum in EVERY room. I don't know about you, but that would be too hard for me. (It was in the Nemo building.)

Yeah, definitely would want an air mattress or other sort of sleeping mat, I'd think.

Hello everyone! I have stayed at other resorts at WDW but never AoA. Going with family and trying to figure out room requests. We don't mind walking to transportation but if we get a Cars suite, how long will the walk be to the skyliner and buses? Trying to decide if we should request view over location or not. It doesn't seem to make a huge difference based on the resort map but you never really know how big a place is until you get there. TIA
In November we were in Building 3, room 3734. Sheriff was under our stairway that faced Animation Hall and the Nemo squawking seagulls (Mine! Mine! Mine!) on Building 4. From there to the Skyliner was like 6 minutes of walking, if that.

We learned very quickly that if we walked through our Floor 3 and instead exited the stairway facing Hourglass Lake, we could trim our walk to the Skyliner by a couple minutes or so, just due to the way the sidewalks were less crowded with other guests. Sheriff was a very popular photo spot, so it was common to run into people at that bottleneck.

Can anyone share what kind of coffee pots are in the Cars suites? I like to bring my own coffee as I don’t usually like what they supply the rooms with.

Also - any reports on how early the Skyliner is operating? We will be trying to get to HS early for RotR BGs!

How was your trip?
We stayed in #7844 and 7845, adjoining rooms for our party of six, in Bldg 7 of the LM section. We had a view of the lake and Skyliner, which my youngest son loved to watch. AoA turned out to be the perfect choice four the first part of our trip, in that it's the only resort, I think, that is as brightly and overtly themed as the hotels at Legoland, where we stayed over New Year's before arriving at WDW. The Legoland Hotels, in both CA and FL, are so kid-friendly and fun, with lots of wonderful details including a Lego World newspaper delivered to our door in the early morning. More basic, tame WDW resorts might have seemed dull. Beds and sheets were nice, love the H2O+ toiletries (although I missed not getting the body lotion I love--which they do give out at BWI, where we stayed later), and Landscape of Flavors had lots of yummy food, including a vegan Seitan Scramble I loved (I'm an omnivore) and the peanut-butter banana breakfast smoothie.
While I don't think this is an issue at lower-crowd times, we did have transportation issues at this high time with early openings. Skyliner did not open early enough for the RotR insanity at DHS, and buses weren't always up to the throngs trying to get there early. Skyliner was great to use otherwise, esp after the evening shows at DHS, when thousands are streaming out of the park. So quick back to the resort! No waiting. I see it as a real perk of staying at any resort it serves, so they really need it to match the park hours at Epcot and DHS.
I found very little truth to the criticisms I've read, particularly those looking down at Values in general. I found the resort wonderful for families and a decent price for staying on-site, especially for people who are not going to hang out in their rooms a lot. The thing that was awful there and elsewhere was the water, which tasted terrible. Water is by far my primary drink (~3 liters/day), so disliking stuff from the tap is a big problem. The water is gross most places, but not in Galaxy's Edge, where I would refill my bottle. Enragingly, the water also tasted great from the tap at BWI. Hey, Disney, if the water can taste good at one hotel, it should at all of them.
But having my DD float under a jellyfish and Big Blue and break out in "Up where they walk, up where they run, up where they stay all day in the sun!" definitely assures a parent that they made a good choice. I would stay there again, but I'd pay for a Nemo suite to cut the distance to buses, Skyliner, and Landscape.

Quick question...does anyone know how long it takes to walk from the LM Rooms to the Skyliner station?
@KayaWildfire has it right. Walk along the lakeside walkway to the station, which is right there on the water. Just a few minutes. :-)

Can anyone share what kind of coffee pots are in the Cars suites? I like to bring my own coffee as I don’t usually like what they supply the rooms with.

Last year during spring break it was the cuisinart pod kind. We don't care for the joffrey's so we made our own "pods" with a paper basket filter and coffee we had brought with us.

Also - any reports on how early the Skyliner is operating? We will be trying to get to HS early for RotR BGs!
As for the coffee pot: in our room we had the Cuisinart 2 Cup Coffee Maker. https://www.amazon.com/Conair-Cuisinart-WCM11S-Coffee-Maker/dp/B001BL90US

It takes the soft pods, like small coffee pillows. The room was supplied with Joffrey's 90th Anniversary Blend, which in truth wasn't too terrible and sufficed for rest-time coffee back at the room in the middle of the day. I understand people make their own pods, but I have no experience in that. Just something I've read about...

If your trip is coming up soon, you'll likely need to plan on taking the bus if you want to get to DHS before rope drop. Some people are taking uber/lyft, but I do believe the buses should get you there in plenty of time for a boarding group. You only need to be in the park by 7 (or 8 or 9, depending on the posted hours when you go).

We are family of 3. Besides the Little Mermaid standard room, and there other themed rooms for families our size? Some more suitable for a boy?

We are family of 3. Besides the Little Mermaid standard room, and there other themed rooms for families our size? Some more suitable for a boy?
Like Iowamomof4 stated, other than the Little Mermaid rooms, the only other category at AoA is the family suites. Though the price may be off-putting, I will say that having the privacy of my own bedroom/ bath and the amenities like a microwave and 2nd bathroom for others is an amazing advantage. They do have a "CARS" section that is very suited to boys...or girls like me who love cars! We typically stay in the Lion King Section which is really great if you like the movie. I have not stayed in the Nemo section (though it may be the cutest!) because the pool is right there and the noise level can be higher. No matter where you stay, you'll love AoA. It's a great resort. I'll be there in just 21 days! Can't wait.

Seeing reports on 2 different FB groups today that renovations started on the LM rooms yesterday. Right now it appears to be the lake view side of building 8 (saw a picture of that) and also the lake view side of building 7 (reported by someone staying in that building). Curtains have been removed from all of the rooms and construction crews were walking around those areas as well.

Last edited:
Seeing reports on 2 different FB groups today that renovations started on the LM rooms yesterday. Right now it appears to be the lake view side of building 8 (saw a picture of that) and also the lake view side of building 7 (reported by someone staying in that building). Curtains have been removed from all of the rooms and construction crews were walking around those areas as well.
I saw that, too.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to see the sofa bed and murphy bed pulled out in the Finding Nemo suites? I am really curious how thick the mattresses are on those. thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter