Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

In the 1-BR villas, are the two sections of the bathroom divided by a door or wall? And has anybody ever attempted to fit an air mattress in the room with a tub to make it its own room? Just a thought.
There is a door between the two bathroom sections. The closet off the bathrrom is quite large so you can put at least part of an air mattress in the closet and then you wont take up so much of the bathroom.
Denise

There is a door between the two bathroom sections. The closet off the bathrrom is quite large so you can put at least part of an air mattress in the closet and then you wont take up so much of the bathroom.
Denise

The problem with using the tub room as a sleeping area is that access to the toilet area from the bedroom would be blocked off and the occupants would now have to walk through the living area to get there. You're better off putting the air mattress next to the fold or couch.

The problem with using the tub room as a sleeping area is that access to the toilet area from the bedroom would be blocked off and the occupants would now have to walk through the living area to get there. You're better off putting the air mattress next to the fold or couch.
I don't think this would be a deal breaker. So, just to confirm, the room with the tub opens to the master bedroom, and the room with the shower opens to the main living space?

Hi WDWKook, we have updated our plans for our next trip! Could you add us to the calendar with our split stay? April 22 thru May 5, doing a split stay between BWV and Copper Creek! Newly purchased points..addonitis has won with our DVC points

Do you guys recommend the Touring plans fax request for the villas? I read somewhere that the DVC resorts do not accept the faxes. I'm also on rented points if that matters.

Do you guys recommend the Touring plans fax request for the villas? I read somewhere that the DVC resorts do not accept the faxes. I'm also on rented points if that matters.

Your best bet is to have the owner of the points call Member Services and add your requests.

Can someone help ease my mind?
I'm slowly coming around to the idea that sleeping on a pullout won't be that bad as others have assured me it's quite comfortable.
I am in panic mode because of my mom's ECV. Once the sofa bed is pulled out where are we supposed to plug it in and park/charge it for the night?
Has anyone done this? the pictures that I am seeing online make it seem like I will have more room in a regular room which aren't available anywhere in that resort area.

I'm slowly coming around to the idea that sleeping on a pullout won't be that bad as others have assured me it's quite comfortable.
I am in panic mode because of my mom's ECV. Once the sofa bed is pulled out where are we supposed to plug it in and park/charge it for the night?
Has anyone done this? the pictures that I am seeing online make it seem like I will have more room in a regular room which aren't available anywhere in that resort area.
Most everyone I know of parks and charges their ECV's in the hall. That's what we did when my Mom had one

In the villas, there is a small vestibule area as you enter the room. Usually we place our empty luggage, extra water, etc. in that area. This could be a potential parking space for the ECV provided there is a handy outlet. There is also plenty of room in front of the kitchenette and bathroom area to park it once everyone is settled for the night. The tub/shower/toilet area of the bathroom is rather small in the deluxe villas compared to a regular room, but the vanity area is a nice size.

I know it isn't ideal, but I have seen many, many ECVs parked in the hallway outside the door of the occupants' room/villa. There is a good deal of space in a villa and you shouldn't have a problem locating a space to park the ECV at day's end. I know I have seen other posts where people are concerned that the ECV might be disturbed by other guests, but I have certainly never witnessed any tampering.

BTW, those sofa beds are comfy--I wouldn't dread sleeping on it.

Most everyone I know of parks and charges their ECV's in the hall. That's what we did when my Mom had one

Thanks for the quick reply. So there are outlets in the hallway to use for sure? Are they far away or first come first serve?
We've always had room, even in the value resort to plug it in in the corner so I never had this worry.

In the villas, there is a small vestibule area as you enter the room. Usually we place our empty luggage, extra water, etc. in that area. This could be a potential parking space for the ECV provided there is a handy outlet. There is also plenty of room in front of the kitchenette and bathroom area to park it once everyone is settled for the night. The tub/shower/toilet area of the bathroom is rather small in the deluxe villas compared to a regular room, but the vanity area is a nice size.

I know it isn't ideal, but I have seen many, many ECVs parked in the hallway outside the door of the occupants' room/villa. There is a good deal of space in a villa and you shouldn't have a problem locating a space to park the ECV at day's end. I know I have seen other posts where people are concerned that the ECV might be disturbed by other guests, but I have certainly never witnessed any tampering.

BTW, those sofa beds are comfy--I wouldn't dread sleeping on it.
We are in a studio, I didn't notice that space. I'm trying to find a layout of the room that is up to date.
I am an obsessive planner and had my other trip all figured out until this monkey wrench so now I feel so unprepared. I wanted a regular room but none were available.

Thanks for the quick reply. So there are outlets in the hallway to use for sure? Are they far away or first come first serve?
We've always had room, even in the value resort to plug it in in the corner so I never had this worry.
There are outlets in the hallway for sure. How far from your room will be impossible to determine. There are many of them in the halls though
They are first come first serve. We didn't have any problems with finding one right outside our room.
I've never been in a Deluxe resort and not seen ECV all over the halls. It's just where folks plug them in. I think it's pretty rare to take them in the rooms. I assume they do at the Value since they are outside vs. inside halls.
You'll have the key, no one will be able to take it or anything.

There are outlets in the hallway for sure. How far from your room will be impossible to determine. There are many of them in the halls though
They are first come first serve. We didn't have any problems with finding one right outside our room.
I've never been in a Deluxe resort and not seen ECV all over the halls. It's just where folks plug them in. I think it's pretty rare to take them in the rooms. I assume they do at the Value since they are outside vs. inside halls.
You'll have the key, no one will be able to take it or anything.
Thank you so much, I'm so relieved! I'm with her so even if it's parked far down the hall I can go & get it.

Hi everyone. Joining this thread. Just rented some points from a DVC owner and me and DD16 will be staying here next March 17-24th. First trip without entire family. DS18 just started college and has a different spring break. So he and DH will fly down to Fort Myers for his spring break and stay with DH's dad who lives there in the winter.

Very excited. Have stayed here a few times but it has been a while. I love this area mainly for the convenience to Epcot. I love just heading over there multiple times just for dinner and to walk around.

DH knows a guy who is a DVC owner (at Wilderness Lodge) so the 7th month mark was on Thursday. Told him our preferences were Beachclub, Boardwalk or Poly or whatever he could get. Beachclub studios were gone and the Boardwalk ones were going fast - so glad we got this. Best part is that he rented to us for $6 per point - so $800 for the week. That is a steal - only $114 a night. Can't beat that.

I have a few questions since it has been a while since we have stayed here and there have been some changes:

1. We have a Pool/Garden View. If we get 1st Floor Pool (which would be fun). Is there a way to lock the door from the patio on the way out?
2. Is there a self-serve soda station at the pool now or do you still go to the bar?
3. I read they took out ESPN and a few other places. Has something new gone in there or are they still working on that?
4. Will Magic Bands automatically be sent to us. Never had magicbands before so that will be fun. Last time stayed at the Dolphin and they don't have them there.
5. Can I just call and set up Magical Express with the confirmation # I was given.

I think that is all for now. Thanks everyone.

I can answer a couple:

3). ESPN is still at the Boardwalk
4). You need to link the reservation to MDE and then customize your magic bands. Make sure the address is yours and not the DVC owners. The Magic bands will then be sent to you.
5). Although you aren't supposed to be able to set up your own ME, I have done it several times with rented points. I have either simply called the number directly and set it up or used the online form.

ETA: yes, you got an amazing deal! Most BWV owners are now charging $15/point or more!

Hi everyone. Joining this thread. Just rented some points from a DVC owner and me and DD16 will be staying here next March 17-24th. First trip without entire family. DS18 just started college and has a different spring break. So he and DH will fly down to Fort Myers for his spring break and stay with DH's dad who lives there in the winter.

Very excited. Have stayed here a few times but it has been a while. I love this area mainly for the convenience to Epcot. I love just heading over there multiple times just for dinner and to walk around.

DH knows a guy who is a DVC owner (at Wilderness Lodge) so the 7th month mark was on Thursday. Told him our preferences were Beachclub, Boardwalk or Poly or whatever he could get. Beachclub studios were gone and the Boardwalk ones were going fast - so glad we got this. Best part is that he rented to us for $6 per point - so $800 for the week. That is a steal - only $114 a night. Can't beat that.

I have a few questions since it has been a while since we have stayed here and there have been some changes:

1. We have a Pool/Garden View. If we get 1st Floor Pool (which would be fun). Is there a way to lock the door from the patio on the way out?
2. Is there a self-serve soda station at the pool now or do you still go to the bar?

I think that is all for now. Thanks everyone.

And I can answer the remaining two:

1. No.
2. No.

Question regarding the Villas -
This is our first stay there so I'm unsure of what to expect but our reservation was setup through AAA with having a standard view. I did ask our agent to request a boardwalk view but I'm unsure of how likely that is.

Little bit of background on the details of the request - We were engaged on the beach at Wilderness Lodge, stopped at Disneyland for our Honeymoon, and are now going back to DW for our 1yr wedding anniversary. It was suggested to NOT do the online check-in so that we could go up to the counter. Do you feel it's worth explaining our Disney story to them to try and get the upgraded room? Is the upgrade even likely at all?

I guess I'm not sure how flexible this resort is in comparison to how nice Wilderness Lodge was to us. Any thoughts?

I know everybody has probably already asked this, but here it is- What should I request for a studio garden/preferred view? I would like a quiet room, not too far from transportation or a view of something like TOT or is Epcot a possibility? I think I read months ago that a garden view close to the bus stop would make it quicker to walk to the studios? Anyway we are normally a standard view 2 bedroom family, so I usually just take what I can get. thanks

Bumping your question to our DVC experts, @wonderlandaddict. How did you book - own points, cash, rented points?

Hi WDWKook, we have updated our plans for our next trip! Could you add us to the calendar with our split stay? April 22 thru May 5, doing a split stay between BWV and Copper Creek! Newly purchased points..addonitis has won with our DVC points

Congratulations on booking and I'll add your dates, @debedo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter