Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

We rented points. We have 2 studios for Oct. 14-21. I just checked in and put upper floor & close to lobby on requests. I remember reading something last year about the Village green, but have no idea what that means. We are so excited and I am sure wherever they put us will beat location of the last trip. We had the area above luggage loading .

Village Green is the area in front of the big porch :love: I was on the 5th floor in a Village Green room overlooking the porch and had a view of Crescent Lake to my left :cloud9: It was a gorgeous location and I would definitely suggest it as a room request :yay:

Is it reasonable to ask for a high floor, fireworks or Epcot view room as a room request? I have a touring plans request sent to fax over, but I'd like to add a request to our room reservation directly with DRC. Since we're running we won't be out late in the parks, but I'll probably hear the fireworks so it might be nice to spot them out of the room before falling asleep.

Is it reasonable to ask for a high floor, fireworks or Epcot view room as a room request? I have a touring plans request sent to fax over, but I'd like to add a request to our room reservation directly with DRC. Since we're running we won't be out late in the parks, but I'll probably hear the fireworks so it might be nice to spot them out of the room before falling asleep.

I think it depends on what room category you have booked.

Question regarding the Villas -
This is our first stay there so I'm unsure of what to expect but our reservation was setup through AAA with having a standard view. I did ask our agent to request a boardwalk view but I'm unsure of how likely that is.

Little bit of background on the details of the request - We were engaged on the beach at Wilderness Lodge, stopped at Disneyland for our Honeymoon, and are now going back to DW for our 1yr wedding anniversary. It was suggested to NOT do the online check-in so that we could go up to the counter. Do you feel it's worth explaining our Disney story to them to try and get the upgraded room? Is the upgrade even likely at all?

I guess I'm not sure how flexible this resort is in comparison to how nice Wilderness Lodge was to us. Any thoughts?

:welcome: to the DIS and the BWI/BWV thread, @riored4v! We're honored to have your first post here on our little thread.

You can still check-in the traditional way even if you've completed Online Check-In. You can also complete OCI, and not make any room location preferences. You do have your BWV request in your reservation, but since you booked a SV, there is no guarantee of an upgrade. I have heard it is much harder to get DVC upgrades than non-DVC, but it's worth asking about. Best to also ask at check-in and have your one year anniversary noted in your reservation.

We rented points. We have 2 studios for Oct. 14-21. I just checked in and put upper floor & close to lobby on requests. I remember reading something last year about the Village green, but have no idea what that means. We are so excited and I am sure wherever they put us will beat location of the last trip. We had the area above luggage loading .

I'll log your dates:)

My daughter and I will be at BWV in a standard studio May 29-June 5 for our first mother/daughter trip. It's a surprise trip for her and I'm going to tell her on Christmas that we're going.

This will be our second time staying at BWV in a standard studio. I really liked our location the last time, 4th floor overlooking the bus stop where we could see the higher fireworks at EPCOT. The person I rented points from added a request for higher floor with view of fireworks to my reservation. I have a touring plans subscription, and I'm wondering if it would be beneficial to have TP fax my room request or not worry about since it should already be noted on my reservation.

Random question: We're going to be staying at BWV and my in-laws may come for 2 nights and probably stay at one of the Values. If we go back to the hotel to swim, would they be allowed in the pool deck area? They are not pool people and would not be using the pool (and I know they would not be allowed to use it). But could they enter the area by the pool to spend extra time with the grand kids? Get a drink at the bar? Or would we better off having them visit in the quiet pool area?

Random question: We're going to be staying at BWV and my in-laws may come for 2 nights and probably stay at one of the Values. If we go back to the hotel to swim, would they be allowed in the pool deck area? They are not pool people and would not be using the pool (and I know they would not be allowed to use it). But could they enter the area by the pool to spend extra time with the grand kids? Get a drink at the bar? Or would we better off having them visit in the quiet pool area?
I don't see why not. They were not checking MagicBands when I was there in July, and even if they are, this is a very different scenario from pool hopping. You will be staying at the resort so I would imagine your in-laws should be welcome to sit by the pool and visit with the grandkids. I have done something similar recently. I had family visiting at the same time we were recently when we stayed CL at the CR. I brought my family member up to the lounge so that we could visit. She didn't eat/drink anything, we were just using it as a quiet place to talk. I even asked a CM if it would be ok, and I was told told it was not a problem. So I would guess it would be fine for your in-laws to sit by the pool.

I don't see why not. They were not checking MagicBands when I was there in July, and even if they are, this is a very different scenario from pool hopping. You will be staying at the resort so I would imagine your in-laws should be welcome to sit by the pool and visit with the grandkids. I have done something similar recently. I had family visiting at the same time we were recently when we stayed CL at the CR. I brought my family member up to the lounge so that we could visit. She didn't eat/drink anything, we were just using it as a quiet place to talk. I even asked a CM if it would be ok, and I was told told it was not a problem. So I would guess it would be fine for your in-laws to sit by the pool.

Thanks for this! It's not 100% that they'll be coming, but if they do, it's good to know they can come visit during our down time from the parks.

Is it reasonable to ask for a high floor, fireworks or Epcot view room as a room request?

Yes, many of the standard view rooms on the Inn side look towards Epcot. We have stayed many times at the BWI with standard view. In the beginning at check in we asked for Epcot views and were usually rewarded with a view of the Eiffel Tower or SpaceshipEarth in the distance. And a good view of the fireworks. But be forewarned, they are surprisingly loud in the room. On our later BWI visits we were less interested in the fireworks view and opted for "quiet views".

Spend a few minutes looking at Google Maps or Robo's maps and you will get a good sense of how many of the rooms look towards the World Showcase Lagoon.

:welcome: to the DIS and the BWI/BWV thread, @riored4v! We're honored to have your first post here on our little thread.

You can still check-in the traditional way even if you've completed Online Check-In. You can also complete OCI, and not make any room location preferences. You do have your BWV request in your reservation, but since you booked a SV, there is no guarantee of an upgrade. I have heard it is much harder to get DVC upgrades than non-DVC, but it's worth asking about. Best to also ask at check-in and have your one year anniversary noted in your reservation.

Thanks for the welcome and info! Much appreciated. We are non-DVC members so maybe that will help us out a little bit. We did ask for the 1yr anniversary be noted, and they said did include that but I'm unsure of how it was all worded and whatnot. I guess I can also go ahead and complete the OCI to help out the resort when we arrive. I think as long as we don't get stuck looking at a dumpster or something, it'll still be a great trip. 16 days to go!

Yes, many of the standard view rooms on the Inn side look towards Epcot. We have stayed many times at the BWI with standard view. In the beginning at check in we asked for Epcot views and were usually rewarded with a view of the Eiffel Tower or SpaceshipEarth in the distance. And a good view of the fireworks. But be forewarned, they are surprisingly loud in the room. On our later BWI visits we were less interested in the fireworks view and opted for "quiet views".

Spend a few minutes looking at Google Maps or Robo's maps and you will get a good sense of how many of the rooms look towards the World Showcase Lagoon.

Thanks for the information! Yeah, I worried about the noise, but figured if we could hear them we might as well see them. I'll have to think on that one some more. We are staying November so plenty of time to think about it!

Thanks for the welcome and info! Much appreciated. We are non-DVC members so maybe that will help us out a little bit. We did ask for the 1yr anniversary be noted, and they said did include that but I'm unsure of how it was all worded and whatnot. I guess I can also go ahead and complete the OCI to help out the resort when we arrive. I think as long as we don't get stuck looking at a dumpster or something, it'll still be a great trip. 16 days to go!

Just FYI, there are no dumpster views at BWV or BWI that I'm aware of. So that's the good news. Your chances of getting a BW view are almost non-existent because those are all taken by DVC members using their points. That's why DVC upgrades are almost unheard of, they (WDW) can't give you something that they don't have. You'll most likely look at a pool or the activity lawn, all beautiful views. Worse case senario, you'll look at a tree. Remember there's thousands of people celebrating a birthday or anniversary or something amazing at WDW everyday, they can't upgrade everyone and they rarely do. I'm sorry, I feel like Debbie the Downer here but I just wanted to let you know the reality. So boo, probably no BW view but yay! No dumpster and a very good chance of a beautiful garden view.

My daughter and I will be at BWV in a standard studio May 29-June 5 for our first mother/daughter trip. It's a surprise trip for her and I'm going to tell her on Christmas that we're going.

This will be our second time staying at BWV in a standard studio. I really liked our location the last time, 4th floor overlooking the bus stop where we could see the higher fireworks at EPCOT. The person I rented points from added a request for higher floor with view of fireworks to my reservation. I have a touring plans subscription, and I'm wondering if it would be beneficial to have TP fax my room request or not worry about since it should already be noted on my reservation.

What a nice surprise, I'll log your dates in POST 1, @mastermind307.

When renting points, only the owner can have your requests noted, which you've already done. I assume TP can't make DVC requests when you're renting points?

Parking question. I know that during Food & Wine they don't let you park at Boardwalk unless you are staying there. If I am staying offsite and arrive Saturday night after Epcot is closed or shortly before closing should I be able to park there to meet people at Jellyrolls or plan on making alternative arrangements? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter