Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Pastries, cereal, yogurt, and fresh fruit are what I remember from our stay in July. There's also coffee and a toaster for toasting your bagel. We loved the Bellevue Lounge!!
....the speaker at the wine seminar:

enhance

.....was sitting in that Lounge - we had gone in for a cup of coffee and saw her sitting there, waiting for her ride to the airport, so we began to chat with her. What a cozy lounge!

Thanks for the breakfast suggests at S/D but I'm also trying to save time as I want to hit the parks early and can only get up so early. No feedback on room service? Am I the only lazy one here? LOL! I have a foot issue so seriously need to plan my steps.

Thanks for the breakfast suggests at S/D but I'm also trying to save time as I want to hit the parks early and can only get up so early. No feedback on room service? Am I the only lazy one here? LOL! I have a foot issue so seriously need to plan my steps.
I try to eat low carb when possible and you might consider ordering from the Garden Grocer as we have done or go to the Safeway across the street from the BWI or the store on the Boardwalk for provisions.

....hooo boy.... :scratchin....hmmmmm.....

:-) I'm thinking of looking at TP where they show you where rooms are located (and what the view from the room looks like). I'm curious to see where your room was in the resort, so I can request the room or one nearby. Love your room view!

Thanks!

Ordering from Garden Grocer will save you steps and likely be less per breakfast than room service. They sell hard cooked eggs that are made by Eggland's Best. They are peeled and come in a re-sealable bag. I think there were 6 whole eggs in each bag. I had them on our trip in January, and was hesitant to try them. They were good. My only complaint was that they were probably more cooked than I would have done myself.

Ordering from Garden Grocer will save you steps and likely be less per breakfast than room service. They sell hard cooked eggs that are made by Eggland's Best. They are peeled and come in a re-sealable bag. I think there were 6 whole eggs in each bag. I had them on our trip in January, and was hesitant to try them. They were good. My only complaint was that they were probably more cooked than I would have done myself.
I will check it out. Is there a minimum charge for the Garden Grocer? I'm by myself in the room. The only other thing I would order would be fruit.

I will check it out. Is there a minimum charge for the Garden Grocer? I'm by myself in the room. The only other thing I would order would be fruit.

They charge a $14 delivery fee for orders under $200. Some websites say that Garden Grocer's minimum order is $40 or $45, but I didn't see it readily stated on their website.

I just did a test grocery order and a minimum is not showing up. Right now with delivery charge I'm at about $32 so it would be a better option for me than the room service (and no anxiety about when it is delivered). Thanks for the tip!

I am leaning towards ordering room service for breakfast vs. hunting down hard boiled eggs (I have to eat protein in the morning - eggs work best for me). I plan to order the night before.

For those who have ordered room service breakfast with pre-ordering, has it been reliably on time? And since it's pricey, I'm hoping the quality is good?

I want to save my steps for the parks vs. running down to the bakery for a breakfast sandwich. I'm hoping this plan will be both more relaxing and efficient!

I would just pick up a bunch at The Screen Door General Store. Easy peasy and no worries about timing.

I would just pick up a bunch at The Screen Door General Store. Easy peasy and no worries about timing.

OP said this: I am leaning towards ordering room service for breakfast vs. hunting down hard boiled eggs (I have to eat protein in the morning - eggs work best for me).

I have never noticed hard boiled eggs at the Screen Door General Store (the gift shop on the Boardwalk which has a grocery section). However, I have never specifically been looking for them.

OP said this: I am leaning towards ordering room service for breakfast vs. hunting down hard boiled eggs (I have to eat protein in the morning - eggs work best for me).

I have never noticed hard boiled eggs at the Screen Door General Store (the gift shop on the Boardwalk which has a grocery section). However, I have never specifically been looking for them.

I'm the same way as the OP and have purchased them at The Screen Door General Store myself.

...the bakery downstairs [on the actual boardwalk] sells 'lite' fare, like fruit, bottled water, and sandwiches....it's next to Ample Hills Creamery....

I just did a test grocery order and a minimum is not showing up. Right now with delivery charge I'm at about $32 so it would be a better option for me than the room service (and no anxiety about when it is delivered). Thanks for the tip!

I don't know if you are staying in the Inn side or the Villas side but if you are doing BWV and have a microwave my plan is to buy a dozen eggs at the resort and then microwaving them in water to get hard boiled eggs. I've never done this before but I googled it and it looks easy enough. Just don't overcook them or they'll explode.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter