Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Question on the size of the fridge in the 2 bedroom lock offs.....it appears to be maybe a 3/4 sized fridge. Is that an accurate description? We will have 7 gals and will want to keep adult beverages cold as well as plenty of water bottles. Is a cooler necessary to help keep everything cold or do you think the size of the fridge is adequate to hold these things for 4 nights? I don't want to clutter up the kitchen with coolers if I can help it!

Since you say lock-off I assume you are in the villas - the 2-bedroom will have a regular refrigerator/freezer(not huge but plenty big enough) in the kitchen area of the 1-bedroom side and a smaller kitchenette size fridge in the studio portion of the room. You will not need a cooler.

Since you say lock-off I assume you are in the villas - the 2-bedroom will have a regular refrigerator/freezer(not huge but plenty big enough) in the kitchen area of the 1-bedroom side and a smaller kitchenette size fridge in the studio portion of the room. You will not need a cooler.
I didn't think so! Thank you for confirming.

Not having hot water is annoying. Was the hot water situation limited to only part of one morning? Did you note they put out "leftover" morning pastries for dessert over multiple days? Or might it have been only one day when they were having issues of some sort?

Yes, one part of the morning, but long enough to have us miss a scheduled event with another couple. CMs were, of course, apologetic. Alas, the "leftover" pastries are increasingly becoming the norm.

All the best! :thumbsup2

Just got off the phone with my parents who are at the Inn Keepers Club and absolutely love it! The CL CMs have been over the top awesome. They have been very impressed with all the food offerings. They've even been really great with my Dad's food allergies. This just cements our feeling that BWI CL is the best! They have really loved the breakfast offerings, especially the omelette station.

They are not on the DIS but know that I like to provide information/details so wanted to post their thoughts.

Last edited:

Just got off the phone with my parents who are at the Inn Keepers Club and absolutely love it! The CL CMs have been over the top awesome. They have been very impressed with all the food offerings. They've even been really great with my Dad's food allergies. This just cements our feeling that BWI CL is the best! They have really loved the breakfast offerings, especially the omelette station.

They are not on the DIS but know that I like to provide information/details so wanted to post their th thoughts.
Thanks very much @dansdad for the update. Wishing your parents a lovely rest of their vacation! :flower:

Just back from our most recent BWI Innkeepers Club stay. No hot water for part of the morning. And no warning, either.

At desserts and cordials, leftover morning pastries and leftover cookies from the afternoon were the main selections.

After a decade of regular visits, it may be time to bid farewell to the resort.

Yes, one part of the morning, but long enough to have us miss a scheduled event with another couple. CMs were, of course, apologetic. Alas, the "leftover" pastries are increasingly becoming the norm.

It's too bad you were disillusioned with your stay but sometimes, breaking up is the best thing. Even if it's only temporary. It will either let you find somewhere new to love or allow you to renew your attraction

We had 4 trips to BWI CL this year and not one time did we have leftovers for desserts, most recent was 10 days ago. So it can't be too normal
The water issues could have been related.
I know they are doing a significant amount of work to remodel/rehab around the Inn. We woke up on our last day earlier this month to them having replaced the carpet. The CM wasn't even aware it was coming so it's entirely aware no one was aware the water was going to be out. Not much of an excuse that no one told them but if no one gives them a heads up then it would explain why they were unable to give you a heads up

Wonder, was the personalized itinerary pages being done during your trip? They'd leave them during turndown service, for the next day. Didn't know if the MDE problems kept them from printing those out or not
Wondering this also. These pages are a nice amenity, plus the paper and ink quality are so decadent!

Not having hot water is annoying. Was the hot water situation limited to only part of one morning? Did you note they put out "leftover" morning pastries for dessert over multiple days? Or might it have been only one day when they were having issues of some sort?

Like maybe were the two things related? Maybe castmembers couldn't prepare as much food as they would have liked because there was no hot water for kitchen cleanup?

Question on the size of the fridge in the 2 bedroom lock offs.....it appears to be maybe a 3/4 sized fridge. Is that an accurate description? We will have 7 gals and will want to keep adult beverages cold as well as plenty of water bottles. Is a cooler necessary to help keep everything cold or do you think the size of the fridge is adequate to hold these things for 4 nights? I don't want to clutter up the kitchen with coolers if I can help it!
Don't forget you'll also have a small fridge in the studio. We used that for adult beverages as well!

They are not on the DIS but know that I like to provide information/details so wanted to post their thoughts.

Thanks for posting! Glad your parents are having a great time and enjoying BWI CL :goodvibes.

Thanks very much @dansdad for the update. Wishing your parents a lovely rest of their vacation! :flower:

::yes::

Wondering this also. These pages are a nice amenity, plus the paper and ink quality are so decadent!
We received them maybe half of the nights we were there. I did notice them printing one night when I stopped at the podium outside the lounge to ask a question.

Regarding leftover pastries mentioned by BC1836, I actually did notice pastries a couple of nights, along with the sandwiches that had been out during the afternoon service. It stuck out to me because I had not noticed this type of this at ather CL.

Last edited:
We just checking ked out of BWI & waiting on our Tragical Express. Will happily post a more detailed review later but the highlights:
- Lived the club staff. Very personable. Best impressions we're one who played parachute with a little from the 4th floor to the 3rd floor via the balcony and another who heard me mention my love of the Mickey sugar cubes & brought a cup full of them to take home.
- Great attention to my dairy allergy. One evening every app had cheese & the chef noted my disappointment. The next evening he made a soup vegan, especially for me. It was great!
- Our room (4251) overlooked tgeboardwalk over Trattoria Al Forno. Right next to the Steeplechase Suite. @.@ Someday.
- We've decided September was way too hot for us. Even if these temps were unusual. We wanted to do F&W but only went 2 1/2 days due to the heat (and then only a couple of hours).
- I loved the key lime mimosa.

More soon.

Currently, booked into a standard room but just saw that I could also book a Villa studio for our stay for just a little more. We’ll be 2 adults and two teens, first time at BW. Are there any big advantages to switching other than having the little kitchenette?

Currently, booked into a standard room but just saw that I could also book a Villa studio for our stay for just a little more. We’ll be 2 adults and two teens, first time at BW. Are there any big advantages to switching other than having the little kitchenette?
You won't have two real beds in the villa. You'll have one queen bed, one double sleeper sofa and a bunk sized Murphy bed (smaller than a twin).

We just checking ked out of BWI & waiting on our Tragical Express. Will happily post a more detailed review later but the highlights:
- Lived the club staff. Very personable. Best impressions we're one who played parachute with a little from the 4th floor to the 3rd floor via the balcony and another who heard me mention my love of the Mickey sugar cubes & brought a cup full of them to take home.
- Great attention to my dairy allergy. One evening every app had cheese & the chef noted my disappointment. The next evening he made a soup vegan, especially for me. It was great!
- Our room (4251) overlooked tgeboardwalk over Trattoria Al Forno. Right next to the Steeplechase Suite. @.@ Someday.
- We've decided September was way too hot for us. Even if these temps were unusual. We wanted to do F&W but only went 2 1/2 days due to the heat (and then only a couple of hours).
- I loved the key lime mimosa.

More soon.

Thanks for your mini review. I agree, the BWI CL CMs are amazing! Glad you had a good time and enjoyed BWI CL. Looking forward to your full review :flower3:.

Cons:
1. This is not a DDP friendly resort. The Pizza window was eh (the side salads were WAY better than the pizzas) and it was really annoying that there was no self-serve option for the mugs beyond the bakery, which was seemingly quite a hike from the rooms.

We stayed for the first time at BWI in mid-August and we found the resort in some ways more DP friendly than some deluxe resorts we have stayed. Mugs can be filled at 3 locations - Bakery, Belle Vue Lounge, and at the main pool bar. Also, we loved the convenience of being able to drop into WS in Epcot for CS meals - a plethora of choices! Same is true for TS meals, but I agree that actual choices at BWI are limited for CS. Belle Vue lounge also had bakery items in the am, and we found that super convenient to grab a bagel or Danish (snack credit) and refill mugs before heading to a park.

We stayed for the first time at BWI in mid-August and we found the resort in some ways more DP friendly than some deluxe resorts we have stayed. Mugs can be filled at 3 locations - Bakery, Belle Vue Lounge, and at the main pool bar. Also, we loved the convenience of being able to drop into WS in Epcot for CS meals - a plethora of choices! Same is true for TS meals, but I agree that actual choices at BWI are limited for CS. Belle Vue lounge also had bakery items in the am, and we found that super convenient to grab a bagel or Danish (snack credit) and refill mugs before heading to a park.

Different strokes! I much preferred having the DDP at GF, WL and CR. I love having an actual QS with a self-serve mug option. I tried filling my mug up at Belle Vue in the morning and waited forever before giving up. No one was behind the bar at 7 am. And I didn't want to make the trek to the Bakery—that wasn't convenient for us.

We are staying at the Boardwalk Villas in a 1 bedroom. Currently, the reservation has 2 adults and 1 child. Possibly adding another adult. From what I understand there is a king bed and a pull out couch. Does anyone know if it is possible to get a cot or roll away bed if I call and add another adult? Would be for the child to sleep on.

Also, if anyone knows, I have a bunch of meal reservations for 2 adults and 1 child. Am I able to update to add an adult or will I have to cancel and try to rebook?

We are staying at the Boardwalk Villas in a 1 bedroom. Currently, the reservation has 2 adults and 1 child. Possibly adding another adult. From what I understand there is a king bed and a pull out couch. Does anyone know if it is possible to get a cot or roll away bed if I call and add another adult? Would be for the child to sleep on.

Also, if anyone knows, I have a bunch of meal reservations for 2 adults and 1 child. Am I able to update to add an adult or will I have to cancel and try to rebook?
DVC resorts will not provide a rollaway or cot. You need to bring your own bed and bedding for the extra person. The sleeper sofa is queen sized. You might be able to use the sofa cushions to make a bed on the floor for the child.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter