Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

We’ve found that traffic around DS isn’t so bad now that the garages are finished and the buses have their own lanes. So we drive - unless it’s a very, very busy time. Then we take the bus. But Uber would be a good alternative!

We’ve found that traffic around DS isn’t so bad now that the garages are finished and the buses have their own lanes. So we drive - unless it’s a very, very busy time. Then we take the bus. But Uber would be a good alternative!
Is the bus shared with other resorts?

Is the bus shared with other resorts?
To DS? Yes, the entire Epcot resort Complex shares when going to/from DS. At least it has on every trip to/from DS we've ever made. It's a PITA, I gotta admit. Ride Share is so much easier, except the pickup points may not be near where you are. Drop off is not bad, we have found most drivers will pretty much ask where you want to go and drop you nearest to that, even in the garage if that's close to where you are heading (say, movie for example). For pickup you'll have to head to the pickup spot. If you have a car it may be worth it just to drive. We honestly skip DS just because it's a hassle to get there and I don't shop at Disney anyway.

I have my first stay May 5-10 (for 5 people) and booked through rented points. I received an email today stating that the villa can accommodate 5 people but I would have to bring my own bedding. Is this true? I just want to know if I actually need to pack extra sheets...

What's the best way to get back and forth from BWI to DS? How is the traffic around DS these days? Last time we were there it was terrible. We plan to go once at night and once during the afternoon (but on a super busy day). Is Uber the way to go?

Take an Uber, Lyft, horse, donkey, anything is faster than the bus. It once took almost 2 hrs to get bk to BWI from DS. First there was wasn’t a bus for our resort (or any of the other Epcot resorts) that came by, finally after about 30-40 min of waiting (& a long line accumulating) I went to another resort bus & asked about a BWI bus. He called it in, wait again, one shows up, then they have driver switch, so they have to inspect bus, etc. It was a total nightmare! Now I’m sure this was probably the exception & doesn’t happen everyday, but for us, that was the last time we used the bus for DS.

I have my first stay May 5-10 (for 5 people) and booked through rented points. I received an email today stating that the villa can accommodate 5 people but I would have to bring my own bedding. Is this true? I just want to know if I actually need to pack extra sheets...
Yes that is correct, bring your own bed, blanket, sheets and towels. This is allowed for points usage only.
Denise

Take an Uber, Lyft, horse, donkey, anything is faster than the bus. It once took almost 2 hrs to get bk to BWI from DS. First there was wasn’t a bus for our resort (or any of the other Epcot resorts) that came by, finally after about 30-40 min of waiting (& a long line accumulating) I went to another resort bus & asked about a BWI bus. He called it in, wait again, one shows up, then they have driver switch, so they have to inspect bus, etc. It was a total nightmare! Now I’m sure this was probably the exception & doesn’t happen everyday, but for us, that was the last time we used the bus for DS.
The waiting part was abnormal but not the driver switch part. That happens at DS often. It's quite annoying, though in reality doesn't take all THAT long, it's just one more delay when all you want to do is get back.

We usually take Lyft because it’s so much faster. But I swear the busses for the resorts you aren’t staying at are always more plentiful. Busses for BWI seemed to be everywhere last summer when we were at the BC. We just took the first bus that showed, which was usually headed to BWI. The walk was pretty short - honestly about the same distance as it would have been from the BC stop - and I took advantage of the margarita stand on the way back to our room.

I haven't been to Disney Springs since I started using Uber and Lyft. I went a few times on the bus, and always felt motion sick. On the way back, I would get off the bus at whichever resort it stopped at first.

Are you staying with 5 adults? Then a studio is going to be too small, so I hope you have a larger room, like a 2 bedroom?

If you booked a one bedroom villa, it will have one king sized bed and one queen sized sleeper sofa in the living room. If you have a fifth person, you need to provide your own bed and sheets for your fifth guest. You can probably use one of the extra pillows off the beds and the extra blanket in the closet.

I'm assuming the bedding is for the Murphy bed. So what is that, like a twin size?

The Murphy bed is in a studio. Sounds like you have a one bedroom. In that case the 5th person sleeps on the floor in a sleeping bag, etc., that you bring. Also you will need to bring towels for the 5th person or else purchase a towel pack from Housekeeping for $6.

If you booked a one bedroom villa, it will have one king sized bed and one queen sized sleeper sofa in the living room. If you have a fifth person, you need to provide your own bed and sheets for your fifth guest. You can probably use one of the extra pillows off the beds and the extra blanket in the closet.

Exactly.

With a studio booked on cash through Disney Reservation Center and not DVC will probably give you what DVC members call a Garden/Water view. Like a pool view or Village Green view. If you want to look out towards the BW, go for the Village Green view. It looks out to the green space between the BWI and BWV looking towards the boat dock. The leisure pool view is also nice (Luna Park tends to be noisy).

Thanks so much! I’ll check out the map. Both sound nice.

For those of you using Uber or Lyft, how much does a trip run you from BW to DS or to MK. We were there for the Minnie van roll out and took advantage of that, but now I see they have changed the pricing it and it isn’t as cheap. We used it mainly when we were dining at other resorts and for water parks.

For those of you using Uber or Lyft, how much does a trip run you from BW to DS or to MK. We were there for the Minnie van roll out and took advantage of that, but now I see they have changed the pricing it and it isn’t as cheap. We used it mainly when we were dining at other resorts and for water parks.
FYI - You can always check pricing for yourself. Just open your apps, move the starting point to BWI, then put your destination to DS or MK and the price will come up

Last edited:
It'll be 2 adults and 3 kids (8,6,3) in the BWV studio. Does that make a difference as far as extra linen goes?

I don’t know about the linens to be honest, but as far as sleeping space you’re ok, the queen bed is great for 2 adults and the children will fit in the fold out bed and fold out sleeper sofa. Just mentioned my previous post because sometimes people want to book the studio for 5 adults, and in that case the fold out beds are too small.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter