Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Good afternoon follow Boardwalk fans!:wave2:
We recently returned fron yet another wonderful BWI stay! We usually do a split with the GF..but since our trip itinerary was based mostly around Epcot and DHS..we decided to stay put...

I did a walking tour of the grounds and even inside resort and am hoping to be able to post pics...

I did notice and wanted to mention that there was a room or two facing the inner courtyard that actually had a juliette balcony similar to those at the BC that were pretty narrow and did not have and furniture on them...never noticed that before..

A breakfast change at the Bellevue Lounge..there is no longer a breakfast sandwich available...but..there are now warm sticky pecan buns! Yum!!

To answer a previous question about the Bellevue Lounge..there is indeed a very large lovely balcony adjoining it..and in the evening there is even drink service out there...I do believe you have to initially order at the bar...but can/will be served out there if that's where you prefer to sit..DD and I have spent many afternoons out there in the comfy wicker chairs reading and enjoying the view with a nice drink from Boardwalk Joe's..Screen Door also has some very tasty frosty drinks available..a large variety of flavors too...even apple! Or you can just wait till the lounge officially opens at 5 for a drink from the bar...They also have coffee available all evening from 5 till closing if you don't want to head to the BW Bakery for an eveing coffee...although..the bakery has some amazing cupcakes that go very well with coffee..Disney logic there! Lol..

So many nice resort activities these days too..like yoga out on the village green certain mornings..and at Arbacada Bar a glass painting event held a few afternoons a week..this event had a charge of $30 I think..also there is a run..on Friday mornings..called the Seaside Sprint its a 1.4 mile run..cost is $15..and you get a drink and a pin...
There are boards outside the Screen Door with detailed information...

If you decide on a last minute breakfast..I would highly recommend the Taverna Room..which is walk up only..located at Trattoria al Forno...

And..last but not least..lol..I'm sure anyone that has ever strolled across the the lovely BW lobby..and been taken by surprise by those "interesting" nanny chairs!!! Yes those scary IMO chairs that flank the fire place...well during our resort exploration we found another set!! Yes..just as scary..lol..down on the first floor..so not one set but two! Yikes...:earseek:

Again..the staff..service and ambiance of the BWI did not disappoint..and we look forward to our next stay..which of course we needed to book before we left..gotta love a nice Bounce Back!!

Last edited:
To answer a previous question about the Bellevue Lounge..there is indeed a very large lovely balcony adjoining it..and in the evening there is even drink service out there...I do believe you have to initially order at the bar...but can/will be served out there if that's where you prefer to sit..!
You have to order at the bar but can be served outside? Seems to be two different things, no?
I think that's why it makes no sense and is confusing to guests.
They tell you that you have to order and take it outside so that's how I have done it. There's never been mention of serving outside

We recently returned fron yet another wonderful BWI stay! We usually do a split with the GF..but since our trip itinerary was based mostly around Epcot and DHS..we decided to stay put...

I did a walking tour of the grounds and even inside resort and am hoping to be able to post pics...

I did notice and wanted to mention that there was a room or two facing the inner courtyard that actually had a juliette balcony similar to those at the BC that were pretty narrow and did not have and furniture on them...never noticed that before..

A breakfast change at the Bellevue Lounge..there is no longer a breakfast sandwich available...but..there are now warm sticky pecan buns! Yum!!

To answer a previous question about the Bellevue Lounge..there is indeed a very large lovely balcony adjoining it..and in the evening there is even drink service out there...I do believe you have to initially order at the bar...but can/will be served out there if that's where you prefer to sit..DD and I have spent many afternoons out there in the comfy wicker chairs reading and enjoying the view with a nice drink from Boardwalk Joe's..Screen Door also has some very tasty frosty drinks available..a large variety of flavors too...even apple! Or you can just wait till the lounge officially opens at 5 for a drink from the bar...They also have coffee available all evening from 5 till closing if you don't want to head to the BW Bakery for an eveing coffee...although..the bakery has some amazing cupcakes that go very well with coffee..Disney logic there! Lol..

So many nice resort activities these days too..like yoga out on the village green certain mornings..and at Arbacada Bar a glass painting event held a few afternoons a week..this event had a charge of $30 I think..also there is a run..on Friday mornings..called the Seaside Sprint its a 1.4 mile run..cost is $15..and you get a drink and a pin...

If you decide on a last minute breakfast..I would highly recommend the Taverna Room..which is walk up only..located at Trattoria al Forno...

And..last but not least..lol..I'm sure anyone that has ever strolled across the the lovely BW lobby..and been taken by surprise by those "interesting" nanny chairs!!! Yes those scary IMO chairs that flank the fire place...well during our resort exploration we found another set!! Yes..just as scary..lol..down on the first floor..so not one set but two! Yikes...:earseek:

Again..the staff..service and ambiance of the BWI did not disappoint..and we look forward to our next stay..which of course we needed to book before we left..gotta love a nice Bounce Back!!
Yep you are my “go to girl” when staying at bwi! :flower1:

I arrived before dd my 1st stay and had to call you for lunch recommendations because I was tired and cranky and you set me straight. I grabbed a sangria and salad and and found a cozy spot until dd arrived.

Last sept I pointed out the bellview to dh when we arrived at 2am . ‘That’s where you can get us cofeee tomorrow, in the lounge”. Then in the morning he asks “why did we have to pay for it???”:confused3 Lol somebody has stayed cl with his DW too many times:rotfl:

Then for NYE trip we used your advice for breakfast. We left HS about 9:15am after EMH and both were hungry. I said come on I got a great idea! Yep we loved it so much we ate there again the next day. For a holoday weekend to only wait about 5-8 mins for a table was nice!

Finally he asked does BLUE have any other recommendations? :rotfl2: :cool1:

Last dd and I had lunch at ESPN in Feb. I know you said the food was always good and we needed a meal befor our 6pm ME. It was good! It was nice to be able to walk back to BC for the bus too. :thumbsup2

Dh likes to walk the resorts too. It’s amazing the “treasures” you can find. ::yes::

Waiting for pix !:flower3:

Loved reading this as we are doing our first (split) stay at BWV in 3 weeks! Would love to see pictures if you are able to post!

Fantastic review @BlueSkies!!!

The Seaside sprint sounds interesting, I will look into it.

Thanks!! :goodvibes There are "fun runs" at many of the resorts these days...There is a Regatta Run at the YC and a Beignet Dash at POFQ..that one sounds most appealing to me...lol...

Loved reading this as we are doing our first (split) stay at BWV in 3 weeks! Would love to see pictures if you are able to post!

You are in for a treat! BWI is a wonderful resort...the whole boardwalk area a really chock full of charm and fun....Not it mention it's proximity to Yacht and Beach Club..Epcot and DHS too...::yes:: I am working on the picture posting...my tech tutor @ Trishadono has given me some tips... (thanks Trish) and for your post! You are my got to girl for the Poly and CR..and I appreciate the wonderful tips that you have given us over the years too...Not sure if we would have taken that Poly plunge without your encouragement and great pics! :goodvibes:goodvibes

Angi Not sure if I read this correctly... Are you suggesting that the info that I shared is confusing and makes no sense???????? :confused3 I am thinking that my post was pretty straight forward..but am happy to clarify anything that is not clear ...and as they say right here on these boards about one persons experience verses another... YMMV.... :thumbsup2..

~There was another activity that I forgot to mention in my previous post..called Canvas Painting on the Boards..held every Tuesday at 1pm...it is held on that large balcony right out in front of the lobby area..a little more costly at $50..this includes a beverage and snacks...love all of these added resort activities! We enjoy.. as I am sure many others do.. resort days...especially being so close to Epcot..we often do just a quick visit and then head on back ...and its very nice to have these options...We are looking forward to trying some...and plan on adding time in our planning for our next trip to include some...:earsgirl:

Thanks!! :goodvibes There are "fun runs" at many of the resorts these days...There is a Regatta Run at the YC and a Beignet Dash at POFQ..that one sounds most appealing to me...lol...

You are in for a treat! BWI is a wonderful resort...the whole boardwalk area a really chock full of charm and fun....Not it mention it's proximity to Yacht and Beach Club..Epcot and DHS too...::yes:: I am working on the picture posting...my tech tutor @ Trishadono has given me some tips... (thanks Trish) and for your post! You are my got to girl for the Poly and CR..and I appreciate the wonderful tips that you have given us over the years too...Not sure if we would have taken that Poly plunge without your encouragement and great pics! :goodvibes:goodvibes

Angi Not sure if I read this correctly... Are you suggesting that the info that I shared is confusing and makes no sense???????? :confused3 I am thinking that my post was pretty straight forward..but am happy to clarify anything that is not clear ...and as they say right here on these boards about one persons experience verses another... YMMV.... :thumbsup2..

~There was another activity that I forgot to mention in my previous post..called Canvas Painting on the Boards..held every Tuesday at 1pm...it is held on that large balcony right out in front of the lobby area..a little more costly at $50..this includes a beverage and snacks...love all of these added resort activities! We enjoy.. as I am sure many others do.. resort days...especially being so close to Epcot..we often do just a quick visit and then head on back ...and its very nice to have these options...We are looking forward to trying some...and plan on adding time in our planning for our next trip to include some...:earsgirl:
Oh your techie friend says to not put a space after the @ sign.:rolleyes1 The "someone mentioned you" didn't show up:joker:

@BlueSkies :flower1:

Just booked our fastpasses this AM. 60 days till we check into the Boardwalk! So excited. Two questions, You can still walk to and from DHS right? the gondola construction hasn't interfered, right? and are the new resort mug designs avail at the resort yet? Thanks!

Last edited:
We recently returned fron yet another wonderful BWI stay! We usually do a split with the GF..but since our trip itinerary was based mostly around Epcot and DHS..we decided to stay put.

Glad you had another great BWI stay! Thanks for posting about your trip and for all of the great info about the Bellevue Lounge, as well as all of the great things to do/see around the resort. Congrats on booking a BB, have fun planning your next trip :goodvibes.

Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Just booked our fastpasses this AM. 60 days till we check into the Boardwalk! So excited. You can still walk to and from DHS right? the gondola construction hasn't interfered, right?

Congrats on your FPs, hope you got everything you wanted! You will be checking into BWI before you know it. Have a great trip :).

Just booked our fastpasses this AM. 60 days till we check into the Boardwalk! So excited. Two questions, You can still walk to and from DHS right? the gondola construction hasn't interfered, right? and are the new resort mug designs avail at the resort yet? Thanks!
We'll maybe overlap by one day, our 60-day mark was last week. Here's hoping for great weather!:thumbsup2:beach:

BWI is the bestest!!! Yes yes yes, I am now in love with the Poly after my summer visit. Add another to a list of changes I can make. BUT as of now, @BlueSkies @trishadono and @Dispro1 may have enabled...I mean encouraged me to book BWI for hubs and I. It is great to come back "home" onto the Dis and see a wonderful review from you!! You are our Bellevue queen, but I can't escape that CL life LOL!!!!

Hello to all my BW fellow fans (new and "seasoned")...I'll be back in 29 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BWI is the bestest!!! Yes yes yes, I am now in love with the Poly after my summer visit. Add another to a list of changes I can make. BUT as of now, @BlueSkies @trishadono and @Dispro1 may have enabled...I mean encouraged me to book BWI for hubs and I. It is great to come back "home" onto the Dis and see a wonderful review from you!! You are our Bellevue queen, but I can't escape that CL life LOL!!!!

Hello to all my BW fellow fans (new and "seasoned")...I'll be back in 29 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I like BWI for walk to HS. Its also so pretty and quiet in the back when need an escape! Yet there are so many cozy spots indoors and out to enjoy the water view! WIN WIN WIN

For those who have been recently:

How is the walk to DS. I have heard it was longer than prior due to the construction. Last June it took us about 15min.

How are the new menus? I hear there are updated menu's at the Pool Bar, Bakery and pizza window.

I agree, BWI is amazing! The Poly will always be my favorite, but BWI runs a very close second! I hope you have a great return trip in 29 days :goodvibes.

How is the walk to DS. I have heard it was longer than prior due to the construction. Last June it took us about 15min.

How are the new menus? I hear there are updated menu's at the Pool Bar, Bakery and pizza window.
Hi! We just walked back from HS to BWI tonight and it was still about 15 minutes. Haven’t tried the new food yet but will report back!

The construction has all been completed. Even at it's longest it was only 5 extra minutes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter